Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan XTerra SUV

Comments

• Does anyone have any thoughts or recommendations on getting a better horn for the 2001 Xterra?

And is the replacement/installation easy?
  • xcanukxcanuk Posts: 372
    In quest for more space and useable storage, I realized the pass seat is a good place, but hard to get at. I recycled to top tool tray from a plastic tool box I had around, cut off the top part that held the handle, and voila.. one instant drawer with easy access. I keep my traction aids in there, which is perfect since the tray is plastic.
    The easiest and cheepest way to improve the horn, is to add another high tone Fiamm ( same make as the original, but the original is low tone ) maybe $15.00 or so. Install is realatively easy, unplug the existing one, either splice into the existing wire, or make a fork with electric connectors.. Connect the wire(s) to the horn(s). There is only one wire to play with, the ground is made with the horns. If you don't want to play with modifying brackets, the second horn fits nicely lower down, almost at the bottom of the rad on the right (pass.) side. Just a matter of pulling out the bolt and installing the bracket that comes with the new horn. One note.. pick the location of the new horn first.. so you know how much wire you need.
  • well, this time tomorrow I should have my 01 X SE....I can't wait. Now i just need to plan my first Xcursion...just fyi...I got a decent deal...the SE cost me a little more than I had planned because the X I choose also had the tow hitch and the auto-dimming mirror. The total for the SE 4x4, auto, mats, splash guards, tow hitch, microfilter came to $25700. Like I said a little more than I was planning but I decide I'd rather get the hitch now than have to do it later....

can't wait.....
    Great.. good luck with it.. ( now you have to get the matching R/C)
  • I crashed my R/C plane after 5 seconds of glorious flight....maybe I could keep that one in working order a little longer...

looking forward to fun in my X.....
  • shirl3shirl3 Posts: 2
    Has anyone seen the new gold rush color? What do you think?
  • SporinSporin Posts: 1,066
    My mom just bought an '01 SE, auto with about every option. She paid too much as usual, but she REALLY likes it.

After 13 years of Chevy Blazers, she is boggled at the tight construction. :-)

Hers is blue and it is one of the nicest colors I have seen on ANY vehicle.
  • just blue or denim blue??? i have a Just Blue and i love the color too!! not too many of them around..
    It must be the denim blue. It is muted, almost a "colonial" blue. Definately not bright or dark.

Sorry, hope that helps.
    Once you go black, you never go back.. but then again, black isn't a color is it ?
  • mindiemindie Posts: 109
    So it turns out I get better city mileage than highway. Kinda amusing... though my hubby won't think so when he sees my credit card bill. I was only getting between 14.5 and 15.2 miles/gal. But I was also cruising between 71 and 76. Heck, when the speed limit up in MI is 70, you have to go over 75 in the right lane just to keep up! The X was great on the 6 hour trip up there and back though. It really is a better highway ride than I expected from a truck.

Mindie
  • I saw a 00 Xterra used that was a beautiful color blue...I thought it was the Just Blue but wasn't sure...I was planning on getting that but then saw the demin blue and it was just a little too dark for me....wound up getting Red more or less because of the options on it but it's looks pretty good in red....no yellow's to be found anywhere...
    It arrives tomorrow night!
    S
  • I saw the Gold Rush color on a Frontier Crew Cab and liked it a lot. I assume it's the same color as on the X.

I think the '00 color was Denim Blue only and the '01s are Just Blue and I forget the name of the other blue.
  • shirl3shirl3 Posts: 2
    Thanks silverxglider! My husband and I pick up our new gold rush SE on Friday and I was a little nervous about the color. I found a dealer website that has great photos of many of the colors including gold rush and now I am really excited about it.
  • I'm about to buy an X and was comparing XE and SE
    models, and the salesperson threw me a curve, regarding suspension. I was told that the SE and
    XE sport package include sport suspension. Is this
    true? I can't remember reading anything about this
    even though I must have 3 brochures at home. And, if so, what's the difference? I don't know that it will change my mind, but I was just curious. The other blue, by the way, is Mineral Blue and it's butt ugly. (at least that's what I think)
    Well, color certainly is a matter of opinion isn't it. :-)
    I haven't heard anyone mention different shocks or suspension between X's.. could the dealer be wrong...mmmm.. I thought salespeople were always right. BTW.. I'm still wonder about the heated mirrors my saleman promised me, along with the cass..CD..radio on the XE.. and the....
  • Now that's an option I really wish the Xterra had. There's nothing worse than trying to see if there's a car next to you through mirrors that are covered with ice. The worst is when you come out of the automatic car wash when it's freezing out and literally seeing the mirrors freeze over within seconds as you're looking through them. Happened to me one day. I had to look over my shoulder to make sure the coast was clear before pulling over to scrape the mirrors.
  • Well,that's what I thought, but she said it with such confidence, I started to wonder. Since I've been reading this board and researching the vehicle since at least June, I thought it was something I would've come across. The ride was definitely different though. Has anyone noticed a big difference in the ride between wheel sizes? Or could the SE have been over inflated? Just curious, I think I'll opt for the SE anyway and therefore won't get the choice.
  • mindiemindie Posts: 109
    I wasn't sure about taking my X through an automatic wash. Does anyone have trouble with the auto washes (fitting in them, getting everything clean, etc)? I've been hand washing my X out in the cold, wearing rubber kitchen gloves to keep my hands from freezing. I had to buy a long handled brush to clean the top - I'm too short to reach everything, even when I stand on the side rails and hang over as far as I can reach. Any opinions on the occasional auto wash?

Mindie