Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan XTerra SUV

Comments

• maccmacc Posts: 11
    I have a 2000 xterra and need new tires. We get very little snow, but lots of rain. I take the xterra off road some - mainly dirt trail, shallow mud holes and rocky trails, but a majority of driving is on road. What would you recommend? I've read really good things about BFG A/T Ta Ko, but they are bigger than my stock tires and fairly pricey. Thanks for your suggestions.
  • Hi.......I am getting ready to buy an SUV. I am looking at the Toyota Highlander and so far I can't pass up the quality. I really like the Xterra for its sporty looks and thought this would be my next car. In doing some research,the quality just doesn't seem to be there. Any feedback is welcome......JET
  • p100p100 Posts: 1,116
    I have had great experience with Michelin LTX M/S on my 95 Nissan SE V6 4X4 pickup. The first set lasted almost 80K miles! Now I am on the second set. These tires give nice smooth ride and perform well in limited off-road applications.
  • xcanukxcanuk Posts: 372
    Blame one part on the stock tires for your hydroplaning, the other part on your driving and not reading the road.
    I now drive on BFG AT KO, great all around tire for most conditions, good upgrade, the increased size (if you go to 31x10.5x15 since you have a 2000) isn't a concern.. very minimal trim is needed in the wheel well (mud flap area) and only you will notice.
    Another good tire, more on road than off road, are the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo. Quite a few X owners are picking them at their second choice.
  • Hola guys, I interested in '04 xterra SC 4x4 supercharge, list price national/MSRP $28,000 willing to putdown up to $5k never finance b4 a new car, never had a credit card so credit not great. There is $1,500.00 rebate or .9% finance. Generaly how much $ i can lower the price down???? up to 24K including the 1500reb or up to 25K including 1500reb or 26k including 1500reb??(plz dont say as much as u can, it wont help) plz someone reply, ty very much...
  • I have a 2001 Xterra and was curious about the Airaid induction system. Does anyone no if the claims are accurate? Does it increase MPG and horsepower enough to merit the purchase of said system?
  • I would like to know if the '04 xterra SE 4x4 supercharge can play mp3 songs...I know this version does have 6 cd changer and i test drive this car and tried to play my mp3 songs but did not played at all. This cd was blank that i burn mp3 songs (about 180 songs)in it. ty much for any respond....
  • xcanukxcanuk Posts: 372
    I have an K&N Air Charger (generally the same). There is a slight increase in power, more on the 2500-3000 rpm range, makes acceleration onto the highway easier, but nothing that will make you drop the hammer while driving. Seemed to have gain 2 mpg during the summer, but lost 2 in the winter (I think there is something in the extra deep cold air and the fuel mix by the X-puter)
    Honestly, happy I installed it, but not sure I would do it again if I had a choice.
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 40,555
    Don't know about the MP3's but often the lowest incentive interest rates are only available to those with the best credit score. I'd try the Capital One link on the left and see what kind of internet rate you can get and then see if the dealer will come in at the 1.9%.

Steve, Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• i have searched this forum, but haven't found any definitive answers...i am a long-torsoed 6'3" and 200lbs. will i have enough head/leg room in the 2004 xterra? are there any comfort issues for a person my size?

thanks in advance,
    steve
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    Good luck but let's lose the promo in the sign-off!

tidester, host
  • check this link....about '04 xterra SE 4x4 supercharger all specification......

http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/kw.kc.ns?kbb.MA;845910;MA013&010- 40;suv&1320;Nissan;2004%20Xterra&M27M13A13;M27M13&&am- p;Sport_Utility&&nc
    good luck...El Bandido...
  • pheelpheel Posts: 2
    I have owned my Xterra for abotu two years now and have about 51,000 miles on it. I have not noticed ANY quality issues. I have only been in the dealership for regular maintainance. The Nissan quality pushed me to purchase a Murano this past weekend.

What particular issues have you heard about?
  • I own a 2002 Nissan Xterra. I currently have a case against Nissan with the Better Business Bureau. My truck has been falling apart since it had 7011 miles on it.I don't qualify for the "lemon laws" in my state because it has been many separate issues, not a reoccuring problem with one part. At 7011 miles, I had to be towed off the interstate-transfer case had to be rebuilt. Since that incident, I have had the rear swaybar links replaced, the battery replaced, brake recalls, airbag recalls, speakers redone-twice, electrical problems, rear wheel cylinders fixed, both rear shocks just broken right off!!! I drive 10 miles to work and back, I baby my vehicle and still this is an issue! I now have 24,400 miles and wait in terror for the next problem. If anyone has had similar issues, please contact me and help me build my case. I go to arrbitration on March 29th.
  • I need some new tires to replace the OEM BF Goodrich Rugged Trail T/As on my '02 X (SE 4x4 SC). I'm looking at TireRack, but there isn't much to choose from in the original size (265/65/17) and I was leaning toward the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s which are 265/70/17. Before I ordered I called TireRack and they warned me about possible clearance and calibration issues---I also called my dealer and for what it's worth they recommended I stick with the original size.

Does anyone have experience with going outside the X original tire size or is it something I should stay away from altogether? Maybe 275/60/17 ?
    Also any tire recommendations in general would be appreciated. I'm looking for all-season (some rain, some snow, a little off-road, but most important is tread life and handling). If I have to stick with the original size, I would probably go with the Michelin Cross Terrain, but they're a little pricey.

thanks for any advice,
  • kmillerkmiller Posts: 2
    I own a 2002 white Nissan Xterra. Have any of you experienced rust spots developing on the vehicle, particularly the back hatch? I currently have 50K miles on it, so I'm out of the standard warranty, however, I don't think a vehicle only 2 years old should be rusting. Please let me know if any one else has experienced this problem.
  • I'm a little new to posting on this board. I'm currently looking at a 2002 Xterra SC Auto,12k miles, aftermarket leather and carbin fiber dash. Asking $22,000 and he seems pretty firm. I have never driven an SC before. Do they all shift a little odd because of the SuperCharger or is it maybe transmission issues. I've owned a 99 Grand Cherokee for a year. With the wonderful Chrysler trans. I'm nervous with any tranny right now? Anybody have experience with the SC Xterra?
    I test drove a 2003 SC crew cab Frontier pickup with an automatic transmission. The transmission shifted fine and I did not notice anything unusual about the shifts. However, the supercharger whine is noticeable when accelerating. Furthermore, supercharged pickups and Xterras require premium fuel and get bad gas mileage (about 12-15 MPG combined) With today's gas prices constantly going up, I would stay away from the supercharged models and go with a normally aspirated V6 which can use regular gas and delivers better fuel economy.
  • rmhunterrmhunter Posts: 3
    i am in the same size category as you are and do not have any issues with fit and comfort. i drive 25 miles one way to work almost everyday and have been on some long road trips with no comfort problems....
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    It must be the XTerra is competely trouble free and everyone is out enjoying their ride! :-)

tidester, host
  • itlanitlan Posts: 1
    Nissan increased the $1750 rebate to $2000 starting 7/6/04.

Enjoy...
  • xterraboyxterraboy Posts: 2
    Hi Guy,
    New to forum. Wanted to know if anyone new of rebates or incentives that Nissan was offering. I guess each dealership can have their own rebates and incentives also.
    Looking to purchase a '04 soon.
    Thanks,
    Jordan
  • xterraboyxterraboy Posts: 2
    Hey Guys,
    Looking to purchase a new '04 Xterra in a couple weeks. Was wondering if anyone had got a certain color and regreted it? I'm looking @ thermal red, just blue, silver and solar yellow. Or did anyone get a certain color and love it. I have a black vehicle and have regreted it only after 6 months. NEVER AGAIN BLACK. Any advice?
    Thanks,
    Jordan
  • garigari Posts: 10
    Hi--

I'm new to this post, but have had lots of great advice on some of the other posts.

I'm looking to sell my '03 Nissan Xterra XE (V6). I purchased in it Cali. where it is possible to get an SUV that has 2 wheel-drive as opposed to 4-wheel.

My question is, since I'm moving back to the East Coast, are my chances of selling slim because the vehicle is not a 4 wheel drive? Is it dangerous to have a 2 wheel-drive SUV in a place where there's snow, etc.?

Any suggestions on where I might list the car to sell in either NY or Cali??

Thanks in advance!!
  • megs737megs737 Posts: 2
    I live on Long Island and purchased a thermal red XE V-6 4x4. It is possible to sell it w/o the 4 wheel drive (they do sell them here). It actually doesn't snow that much! I would never buy an SUV without it, but I don't think you will have a problem.

and I LOVE the thermal red. It is not too bright, and I do not see many of them around. (I see yellow, black, and silver EVERYWHERE)
  • megs737megs737 Posts: 2
    IF you are selling the car on Long Island, you can list it on Cars.com....that is what the Newsday is connected with.
  • Hello All, I recently bought an 2003 Xterra XE 4x4 and I wanted to thank everyone who contributed to this forum. It certainly made the buying decision easier. My truck had 26,000 miles when I bought it but it is squeak and rattle free. And it's certainly more fun to drive than the Explorer it is replacing. My only question is quality of the switches for the temperature controls (ie, fan, temp and vent selector) and the remote mirror. They don't seem very robust. Anyone have any trouble with them getting obviously loose or falling off?
  • Jordan,

I purchased an 03 late last year and I to was worried about a particular color. I thought the black looked great, but was worried about keeping it clean, being hot and discoloration after a few years. The atomic orange (and yellow) looked awesome but I worried about getting tired of it quickly.
    I finally decided with the granite color (a brownish metallic) and absolutely love it. I am thinking about getting an 05 and probably look at the same color, however the black on all the ads I see looks great.

John
  • I highly suggest some of the modifications for some older Xterras. The clear jewell headlights update the old square ones a lot ($60/pr on E-bay) and maybe add a bug guard and some foggers on the roof. I feel like mi X is new. I bought new matts and have an aftermarket Leather interior. I can't imagine really wanting a new one, and I did this SO much cheaper... maybe add some Good Year AT/S tires and you're set....