Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan XTerra SUV

Comments

• Thanks for the recall info. I'll have to look into it.
  • I just got my 2001 Xterra SE and I absolutely love it! People keep saying oh that's a soccor Mom car and I tell them !! I used to drive a mini van. This is not EVEN CLOSE! There haven't been any problems with it yet..my insurance is dirt cheap so I am one happy camper
  • Someone tell me ..My 2001 X-terra was painted Salsa Red. The dealer told me that this was an error and that this was a color they are using on the "other" nissians. He said the other red was very bright..Mine seems to be a sort of candy apple. There are very very few Xs around here and I haven't seen any this color..Someone tell me was this BS or so oddball Xterra
  • Salsa was/is a color that Nissan did paint the Xterra in limited quantities. In fact, if you checkout Edmund's Review of the 2001 Xterra, one of the colors listed is Salsa (though the color listed doesn't even come close to matching the real color -- true for all of the colors listed). I even saw one on the road once. The dealer was completely BSing you as do most dealers trying to make a sale.
  • So I guess if my X is a soccer mom's car then all I need is the kids and the balls. Oh, wait, I just found where I can buy the balls. Maybe I can find a big weiner for the tail hitch. Sheesh. Who thinks of these things?
  • xcanukxcanuk Posts: 372
    balls, big weiner, and one hell of a rack... boy, they do grow things weird in California ??
  • I was driving the X. The road was clear and I must have glanced away for a second and the next thing I knew, there was a huge pile of cardboard right in front of the X and before I could brake or swerve, the X rode up onto the cardboard with the driver's side wheels and then rolled onto its side. It was clearly my fault. Speed was probably a factor. Although the fact that we were all laughing hysterically at how spastic I was with the R/C Xterra's controls may have had something to do with it. :-)
  • gonzo7gonzo7 Posts: 259
    got me.
    ;-{
    did the mini airbag deploy ? Check the ABS !!
  • Hats off to likexterra!!! Many thanks for providing the solution to the most dreaded "dashboard" vibration that has pressed on my last nerve for months now. I actually had a service appointment scheduled this week to have my dealer look into it along with performing the A/T shift cable lock plate recall work. After reading your post, I spent $2.43 on a bag of zip ties and presto, my problem is gone! I was dreading the thought of the dealer possibly having to tear into my dash to search for said vibration. Now I can get back to the business of enjoying my X!
  • No the mini-airbag did not deploy. Warranty claim?

We did have to use the mini-Hi-Lift jack to lift the corner of the rocking chair while an R/C Chevy Avalanche used its mini-winch to pull the X out from under. Careful winching got it onto all 4 wheels again. I would also note that the X obviously has stock tires, The Avalanche has Super Swampers. Fortunately, no one was hurt, only the cats were terrorized.
    If the 2001 R/C will have the supercharge volts we are all waiting for, but rumors are it will come with the new titanium faced remote controls, and tires from Mattel.

On a different note, got the rear deflector for the X, seems to keep the muck off, but the roads haven't been overly wet to compare. Its a relatively easy install, requires an extra pair of hands, and a little guts for drilling holes. Nissan Canada sucks again cuz they don't bother to give us the template and proper screws for the install.
  • parksrparksr Posts: 11
    I just purchased an Xterra XE w/three packages, side molding, mud guards, floor mats, and tow packages in Raleigh, NC. Two days earlier, I had and Xterrable experience at BRAD FARRAH NISSAN. Sales mgr. did not honor agreed on price and pulled a "bait and switch" by saying price did not include tow hitch. Have written Better Business Bureau, Nissan Consumer Affairs, and the VP of Marketing and Sales for Nissan North America. I warn you again, Don't Deal with BRAD FARRAH NISSAN!!!!
  • xing1xing1 Posts: 2
    Just bought a tight 2001 blk xterra SE. Now I need to pimp it out with some accessories. Any good web pages out there. thanxxx
  • This is one of the better sites in my opinion www.xterraownersclub.com there are tons of links to others sites dealing Xterras. Its almost cult like, excepted no shaved heads. Enjoy
  • xing1xing1 Posts: 2
    Thanks "milleray". I'll be sure to check it out as soon as i stop driving my X around.
  • I am looking into buyin and Xterra XE 2WD with the three packages and would like to know the following info:
    1. I am going to offer the dealer 2% over edmund's invoice which totals 23,78.53. Is that unrealistic.

2. The financing for maxima is so good 6.9% interest. What kind of financing have you gotten throught the nissan dealers? I have decent credit.

Thank you and any other advice is welcomed!
    first time buyer here
  • gonzo7gonzo7 Posts: 259
    Why offer over invoice?- No matter what you offer they will come back higher. You can raise a low offer but you can't lower a high one.
    The Maxima has low financing because they aren't selling. Call around to Credit Unions in your area. Most are open to anyone now. They tend to have the lowest rates.
  • i wouldn't think about paying that much for a 2WD...i picked up my Just Blue '01 X w/ 3 pack and side molding, mud flaps, yada yada yada for $23,300!!! that's for a 4x4. by the way, my dog has been pretty terrorized w/ my R/C...the tires do suck though, especially when they keep gettin bit by a 12lb Westie!!
  • actually he's about 22 lbs... DOH!!