Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Malibu/Malibu Maxx: Warranty/Extended Warranty

2»

Comments

• paopao Posts: 1,867
    what didnt GMPP plan not want to cover on the car???? just curious....73K on my Maxx and no problems to speak of either...only in the shop twice since I had it
  • maddmaxxmaddmaxx Posts: 81
    They don't replace the fire damaged headlights because they say it's a cosmetic issue. My a/c does not work half as good as it did when new, but they say they can't do anything about it because GM says 20 degrees colder than outside is acceptable. Well, it's been 104 and my wife and kids are sweating with the a/c on. The dealer wants to charge $70 to look at the car for any problem even though I have the 0 deductable GMPP. I think I'm going to try a different dealer.
    I would definitely try a second service department..go in with the GMPP plan in hand...you might want to re-read your coverage...if the damage to the headlamps causes changes in light projection you might have an issue.....coolness of the A/C should be measured from the vents...not compared to outside temp......there is a device they should use to measure the temp of the air coming from the vents...not what the cabin temp is compared to the outside temp....

would call the service number on the warranty plan as well and tell them your dealer is refusing to deal wtih problems withour a $70 surcharge and see what they tell you as well
  • Some general info on MAJORGUARD which I did not know until this week - all very nasty surprises:

Majorguard classifies repairs into green, yellow, and red-flagged groups.

Any repair in the red flagged group (the largest group, the one listing the 15-18 major trouble spots of the car, including all front suspension issues) will __not__ be repaired by the participating dealer until they have been visited by a "majorguard adjuster" who reviews the case and then may or may __not__ greenlight the repair.

This majorguard adjuster is __not__ immediately available. The dealer has to wait 24 to 48 hours before they show up at all, and the adjusters do __not__ tell the dealer when they will actually be there. You also have to leave your car at the dealer for the adjuster to review.

Worse, there are some areas majorguard adjusters don't regularly visit.

What I am trying to say is if your MAJORGUARD covered car breaks down and the warrented repair is on the long "red list", you could be stranded for __several days__.

They do not provide rental cars directly - you have to rent a car from whoever, and then try to get reimbused from Majorguard. My understanding is the reimbursement amount is not very much.

I assumed as GM issued the program directly it would be a real warranty. It appears no better than any of the other extended warranties. Buyer Beware !!!
    what was your warranty work that required the adjustor??
  • the front end suspension (rattles, clunks, etc.).

Also on their list are several transmission procedures, and at least 10 others I did not get to see (I did see the list and saw at least 16 individual procedures, but not the names).
    ok sounds like a pretty major repair then.....thought the suspension had a TSB out on it....and the new re-engineered parts....is that what they are doing under the extended warranty......
  • yes, it was the TSB several others have had done. GM has redflagged this one, requiring adjuster approval in my area.

I was told Urban areas are much worse for getting things fixed via MajorGuard as GM has many more cars to deal with and wants more adjuster approvals, but ironically there are fewer adjusters per dealer #'s - hence the delays.
2»
This discussion has been closed.