Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pontiac Sunfire Starting and Stalling Problems

191011121315»

Comments

• kabeekabee Posts: 1
    CKECK YOUR CATALICT CONVERTER FOR IT IS NOW MUST LIKELY PLUGED DUE TO THE SPEED BUMP FINISHING IT OFF. THE PLATIUM INSIDE THESE CATS, ARE VERY VERY FRAGLE AND WILL BRAKE UP AND CLOG THE OUTPUT OF YOU CAT. CONVERTER THEREBY CHOCKING OF THE ENGINE !!!note IF THIS IS THE CASE IF TOU DRIVE OR RUN THE VEHICLE LONG ENOUGH THE CAT CONVERTER WILL GET RED HOT AND EITHER KILL THE ENGINE OR START A FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!K.A.B.E.E.
  • greuworgreuwor Posts: 1
    I had a similar issue, and it turned out to be a loose wire in the steering column.
  • sunfire_04sunfire_04 Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    I have a rough idle in my 04 sunfire at times you can be sitting idling find then she bounces and or stalls..we have replaced, multiple censors, coil pack, plugs, throttle body, air filter, we have fixed some codes but still have random misfires on cylinders 2,3 and 4 none on 1 and a code for her running rich? Very frustrated any ideas? :cry:
  • jenfreyjenfrey Posts: 1
    I really hope you found an answer to this! I also have a 2002 Sunfire that just started not starting sporadically? I brought it to autozone... They said bad battery... Brought to Midas... They said alternator was bad. Replaced alternator... Fixed problem for 2 days. Yesterday... Car wouldn't start again? Midas looked at it, and said, " no idea it starts fine now, just drive it till it does it again."
    I travel for my job, and a dead car at the sketchy airport is not an option!
    Review: good battery, new alternator, good starter
    Any info would truly be appreciated!