Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pontiac Sunfire Accessories and Modifications

Well I haven't found a single discussion for people modifying or upgradeing their sunfires, so I' figured I start one. I currently just have an AEM Cold Intake, but eventually I want to put a magnaflow exhaust on it, new headers, a Bomex body kit, mess around with the suspension, and then get the GM supercharger when it comes out. Any suggestoins or what others have done to there sunfires would be appreciated.

Comments

• The strut bar helps if you like to drive fast. I have one on my 97 coupe, I also have the cold air intake. Try rims and if you get a body kit make sure you upgrade to the z-3 fenders b/c they look hot. Good luck with your car. I know its a quick little car but its no honda, dont forget that.
  • This is a great subject there Masterchief! I have a 01 sunfire 4 dr that I bought for my daughter and the ride is a little rough, I have 99,700 miles on it, replaced the struts but that didn't solve it, I'm going to do the coil springs next, but I can't find out any information on like an interchange possiblity. I don't want to lower it, I want to go with a better spring set. I read on another forum somewhere a guy took the coil springs out of a grand am or grand prix and put them in his sunfire and he said it road like a caddy. I'm kickin myself because I can't find that site/link anymore to see what he actually did. If you hear anything pls let me know. Thanks!
  • i've got a 96 2.2, and i've done more than a little work. its all budget, so don't laugh. i installed a stock turbo from a 98 gsx eclipse, and a hks boost controller, all of which cost me around $350. i welded the header myself , and its got about $60 worth of 1.5" exoust tbe, and a piece of 1/4" thick plate steel for the flanges. i had my haed built with .190 valves, and ported and polished for $300. The block has eagle rods and wrist pins, which set me back $250, and a mantapart.com cam which was a little over $200.
    the block is stock bore, but with keith black forged pistons, $30 apiece. i guess the most expensive part on my car is the intake, which i bought from mantapart.com. it does away with the stock one piece unit-intake+throttle body-and allows you to replace the throttle body with a bigger one like mine. its off an '01 Z28. the intake is $250, or maybe a little more, but worth it! with a 2.5 inch exaust, and no cat, im pushing a dyno proven 205 hp, at 8psi. of course, the car is having some problems which are unrelated to these mods-i hope! i drove it for over a year with these mods and never had a problem! it runs a little lean, but other than that its fine. i also have accell coil packs, an msd im, accell wires and ngk iridium plugs, so it helps out. if i can fix the problems its having, i plan on finding a good set of fuel injectors and trading the stock PCM for a megasquirt unit which is fully programmable. im trying for 250 hp with less than $8000 invested. i know im pushing it! it may be possibe, and it helps that i did alot of the work myself! the only thing i didn't do was the head and exaust!
  • Ive been looking for a turbo kit for my sunfire gt has anyone found one, or does it gotta be custom made.
  • 944s944s Posts: 42
    hey what up just picked up a 99 coupe,, havent done anything on it yet, its an 2.2L automatic with 95000 miles on it. im planning on doing several mods to it,,, my inquiry was, has anyone actually done any upgrades or modifications the the internal engine and /or transmission. the only thing in scared of is adding all of these modifications and having the engine or tranny die out on me... what i was going to staro off with was a borla exhaust system along w/a hi flow cat and performance headers, AEM CAI, rims, suspension. evemtually i want add a turbo and intercooler.. let me know what u guy's think please!! :confuse:
  • Can i swap the dual exhaust from a Sunfire GT on to my 2000 Sunfire SE 2.4l?
  • goldblurgoldblur Posts: 1
    Hello,
    I am new to the forum and just thought I would say hey to everyone. I have a gold 2005 sunfire. It is slightly modified with 17" rims, 4 subwoofers with alpine deck and alpine 6x9's in the back, green led's under the dash and hood, green neons under the front and rear bumpers, rear tinted windows and a custom intake.
  • jayrod4jayrod4 Posts: 1
    How to I get my door panels off of my 99 sunfire with manual windows to get to my door speakers?
  • Well there propbably no real turbo for fires but when I put my friends on he just turned the little thinngy (don't no mane and much about turbos) 90%s up and it worked, I got up to 240 hp on the dino to bad my friend took it back :(
  • There will be 3 (I think) screews on the bottom of the door and about 2 on the middle. Make sure you get new clips cause you will have to break yours to get the door off.
  • stidyleestidylee Posts: 1
    hey man I have a 97 coupe and I was wanting to know what the best cold air intake for a reasonable price and what good/cheap exhaust to buy I just got my car yesterday and want to get my car up to 170hp by the end of summer just need to know what stuff I should be lookin for

--bryN
  • Hi There everyone...I have a 2001 Pontiac Sunfire. Today I went to put in a CD and it spit it out and said Check CD. Now that's all it keeps saying on the display screen and even when the car is off it keeps trying to eject a CD, but there isn't one in there!! Can anyone help me, PLEASE!!!!
  • Hello group..so I have a 98 2.2L SE coupe...that had a close encounter with a hydro pole. The pass. fender was messed up and the bumper was bent in. This didnt bother me too much because what I was hoping to do was replace the old 98 bumper with one off a 03 model, providing its doable. I need to know really if the brackets are compadable and stuff. If you could get back to me with my options I would really really appreciate it seeing as my car is out of commisson until something can be done. Thank, C.
  • I got a 1996 sunfire and in the process of shaving the door handels and was wondering if anyone could help me out and tell me how to remove the door handels and hey hole or give me a web site to go to to find out thanks
  • Is it possible to buy door panel clips for a 98 sunfire online or would I need to order it from the manufacturer? I've been searching online and it seems no one has any either that or i'm looking in the completely wrong places. If anyone has any info. about where i could purchase a few it would help a ton.
  • I recently purchased a 2005 Pontiac Sunfire 2DR Coupe and I would like to get the most out of it, but money IS an issue! I just purchased the 'Pontiac Sunfire Gas Fuel Saver 1995 - 2005 MORE HP!' off of ebay for about $12.00 and it's supposed to increase my horsepower by 'up to 35hp' but we'll see how much I actually get. I also have been looking into AEM Cold Air Intake but the prices are outrageous. They've been averaging between $225.00 - $250.00 and I would only gain 5.5hp, doesn't seem worth it to me. Has anyone purchased one of these for an 05 and had good results? Or does anyone have an extra one that they would like to get rid of at a reasonable price? If so, e-mail me at: Eric090585@gmail.com I look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts and suggestions. Thank you for your time.

Eric Casey
  • i have a 02 sunfire navy blue with a ram air hood from RK sport a wing again from RK sport and a master flow cat back exhaust quad dual exhaust tip
    MSR 190 racing rims charcoal gray check my pics out on my page lookn for some cheap but good body kits if any one has some suggestions i would appreciate it
  • bcjewelsbcjewels Posts: 1
    I needed a passenger side mirror for my coupe but when I went to ebay and purchased one I accidentally got the sedan mirror. Does anyone know if it will fit? Thanks
  • jsakjsak Posts: 7
    um it should i guess trial and error would work to your advantage here you gotta try something to find out right?
  • I race dirt track and i have a pontiac sunfire (who wouldnt) and i was wondering if there maybe is like tricks you can do or chips for it? it has a 2.2 in it but can i can put a 2.3 or 2.4.