Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Windstar Problems

Comments

• alcanalcan Posts: 2,550
    There's no such thing as "H" codes. If you mean "P" codes, here ya go:
    P0133 O2 Sensor Circuit Slow Response (Bank 1 Sensor 1)
    P0135 O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1
    Either they didn't re-connect one of the O2 sensor wiring harnesses, one of the sensors got damaged, or Murphy was around and decided to nuke the sensor. Your call.
  • alcanalcan Posts: 2,550
    "What should I look for?"

The phone number of the shop which did the repair and your invoice.
  • 2000 windstar se with 51000 miles, the right side power door will only open app 12 to 14 inches by using the power switch, will close properly. If you manually open the power door, it will open the whole way. Also some times when coming to a stop or slowing down for a turn, the transmission will down shift and act like it is skipping or missing the lower gear, making a clunking noise.

Anyone having the same problems, and what has been done to fix the problem. Any help would be appreciated.
  • Been there done that, along with many other issues on my 2000 Windstar. Just had ABS module replaced and now a week later it looks like the Blend Door Actuator problem has come up on my Windstar. I'll never buy another Ford.
  • Hi,
    My 2001 SE has the turnsignal arrows in the side mirrors. The passenger side arrow is continually lit at about 1/2 brightness. The drivers side is working OK. I've checked all the bulbs, turnsignals etc all seems to be OK. This is the 3rd time this has happened, the last 2 times it's disappeared itself. When I do use the the passenger side turnsignal it does blink, but otherwise is on whenever the headlights are on.

All help and suggestions appreciated.
  • selooseloo Posts: 606
    Gang,

My 2000 SEL (89,000) just returned from the shop. It required a new engine program to address spark knocking; a new ABS control mod and valve ASY to get rid of the ABS light; and a new crankshaft and bearings to address an engine knocking issue. While they were there they replaced the spark plugs.

Total Cost: 56.70 for the spark plugs.

The Ford ESP Premium is the best extended warranty in the market place.

That $850 investment had paid for itself about 5 fold; plus I always get a free rental!

Highly recommend it for Windstar owners.
  • ccwebbccwebb Posts: 1
    My 2002 windstar SEL just started acting up. The running lights won't turn off (intermittent). Took it to the dealer, who can't find any problems. So far, it has only happened at home, but I am sure it will strand me somewhere with a dead battery. Anyone else having this problem? Suggestions? Other than buy a Honda? This is our third Ford, and I will NEVER buy one again. :mad:
  • I noticed alot of posts about the front coil springs. Anything about the rear springs out there? My 2000 Windstar has the same squeeking noise everyone is talking about. My husband took apart some stuff to grease it up. While doing this, he took off the spring and noticed that it was broke in two. We don't know how long it has been like this. I noticed there was a post about the front coil spring. I haven't found anything on the rear. Anyone else have this problem or know anything about it? I called to find out price, and they said a total of about $400 to get both replaced.
  • I have partial lighting on instrument cluster and no lighting now in climate control area of 1998 Windstar LX. Is it possible to fix at home or do I need to take it to a garage. any help appreciated
  • I thought I had a brake problem took to mechanic replaced front brakes and rotors said fine, still had same problem 537.00 later, feels like I have no brakes, the ABS is kicking in as soon as I hit brakes I guess, feels as if I must hit petal to metal to stop yet all brakes fine. Had code ABS light but goes off and mechanic said no code reading. He suggests I disconnect ABS, sounds scary. He says sensor is 1000,00. I had the ABS sensor on wheel replaced 2 years ago. He says this is computer maybe??? Anyone have this problem ?
  • i have a 2000 windstar that did the same thing at a stop sign. loud clunk than only reverse. problem was rear sun gear in tranny, at a cost of 1928.00. sorry, but no easy way around this one.
  • My 2000 is doing the same thing. Seems to have something to do with when it has been raining. I have difficulty getting it to start then it wants to die at low idle. Once it's been running a while the problem goes away. My engine light does not come on, just the battery light when it starts to sputter and die. Did you figure out what's causing your problem? Autozone has pulled my codes for free. My problem is I didn't get the engine light coming on so I don't think I have any codes to pull.
  • Try the cold start solenoid. Just had ours replaced. $150 part. 10 minutes to replace.
  • You can add me to the club. I've been in twice for the same problem. There is a TSB out on the problem from ford. I wa also in the 96 windstar head gasket club too. I'm now have over 4000.00 of negative equity into this vehicle and should of bought a truck with the last $4000.00 I got from ford for my 96' windstar when I traded it. I still owe $13,000 on a $8,000 vehicle and doubt I will make it to 100,000 miles without another $4000.00 in repairs.
  • Did this really work? I just got done replacing both o2 sensors because of what the codes said at Autozone. The guy cleared the codes to turn of the cel that has been on for longer than I can remember. Everything was good until I started the van and "sputter, sputter, sputter", lights flashing, "cough, cough". Once I pressed the accelerator and raised the rpm to about 2000 rpm then it finally settled down. Every time the check engine light comes on with this van it usually costs me $700-$1000 so I had hoped to diagnose this problem myself.
  • I spent 1500 last year to fix the problem... now it come back again the 3rd time... any clues?
  • :confuse: I have less than 40,000 miles on my windstar. It runs normal when cold but after running for about 25 miles will start to "drag" like you're not pressing the gas and and then will "catch-up" and run normal until you have to stop. My fuel and air filters have been replaced, the transmission people have looked at it, "no problem there" along with the mech. There is sometimes a popping noise like back fire but from under the hood. So, the plugs have been replaced. It's been put on a machine, but no codes are coming up. No one can figure out what the problem is. Is there anyone out in the world wide web that has had this problem and knows how to fix it. I still owe 3 yrs on this thing and will "flip-flop" if I trade in. Please help!!!!
  • I have a 2000 windstar. 1 week ago it went into the shop for 2 O2 sensors replaced and the E MC computer to be reprogrammed. Got it back Oct.25. On Oct 26 It went back to the shop because it was running hot and engine light came on. That was the Thermostat Replaced and radiator flush done. Got it back same day. TODAY running fine until i turned down my street, 1500 feet from house, and the van started running rough and very difficult to keep running, took it (immediatly) back to mechanic. After running preliminary tests, He thinks it is CYLINDERS 2 and 3 have either slipped or crashed. At this point, we don't know where to turn, Could this be a bad mechanic(error), or the vehicle? We are at over $600 in repairs in just one week, and now faced with SO MUCH MORE!!! Any suggestions or comments are welcome.
  • have two codes pop up po171 and po174. also odometer & speedometer don't work and abs light is on all happend at same time except check engine light which came on a few weeks later. also the heater doesnt work it blows but no heat and only defrost vents work. The back controls make heat blow in the back vents
  • I wish. It is such an intermittent problem that will never happen when I take it to the dealer or trusted mechanic.
This discussion has been closed.