Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TSX Audio

Comments

• c_hunterc_hunter Posts: 4,487
    Try some of the TSX specific enthusiast web sites for more details. I'd love to give a link, but then Edmunds would delete my post. Logjam elecronics sells some -- look on their website.

Craig
  • yosyos Posts: 1
    Warning - don't get the Acura MP3 player - it's a joke, doesn't connect to an IPod and is a waste of money.
  • tridderitridderi Posts: 9
    I purchased a Red and Black 2005 TSX without navigation system (as a map works just fine for me).
    I purchased fog lights because I live in upstate NY and they are very useful in the winter with the snow "falling sideways", as it often does.
    I got the dealer to throw in the mud flaps, trunk tray and wheel locks for free.
    I bought the wind visor because my previous Hondas would be far to noisy without the visor. I would barely open the moon roof. With the visor, it is very quiet. It is noisier to open a window than the moon roof. So totally worth it.
    I also bought the MP3 CD player because I have a large number of MP3 CD collections with Bible studies that I have purchased (although most people just have personal MP3 players instead, so this would not be the best for them). I agree that a line-in connector would have made a lot of sense. I love being able to listen to my MP3 CDs directly in the car. I must point out that I am very disappointed that navigating through the disk is difficult, since the MP3 titles don't show up on the screen, although since it does display the titles from the XM radio, it is obviously capable of doing it.
    Anyone know of a firmware upgrade that can provide the text?
  • tridderitridderi Posts: 9
    I put another note in ...
    I bought a TSX with the MP3 CD player. I have only used it for CD-Rs. It has recognized every single one that I have used (purchased or created manually).

I don't have a navigation system, so I don't know where it would display it there. On the other hand, I would presume that it would display the data in the same place as the XM radio display.

As far as what is visible ... it is disappointing. It displays "D-# T-#" where # is the number of the disk and track. It treats the directories as disks and the MP3 files in the directories as tracks. They could have come up with anything better than that (even 8.3 format would have been better!). It makes it virtually impossible to select a particular song that you want without memorizing the number of the disks and the number of tracks for each (and the directories are probably alphabetical). I have many MP3 CDs that are for Bible teachings, so I still find value in this option, but if I wanted it just for music, I would not have bought it.

My only hope is that sometime in the future, someone will come up with a firmware upgrade, since the radio can display text, as it does with XM.
  • tcwattcwat Posts: 10
    I have a 2005 5AT without Nav. How do I get the XM radio to automatically rotate and show all the info like station name, artist, and name of song? I know how to press the button to manually rotate.

Thanks.
  • manavimanavi Posts: 150
    I didn't know you could press a button to scroll the text. Which button do you press?
    It's the top button to the right of the radio. I forget what it say, random maybe? Push it and it will switch to the next view.
  • manavimanavi Posts: 150
    Oh, I misunderstood what you were talking about. You're talking about switching the display to "Name", "Title", "Station", etc. I thought you were saying you could scroll the display to read a long title that is being cutoff.

AFAIK, the display will automatically show the artist name and title of the song briefly when a new song starts, and then it will switch to whichever info screen you had it on before the song started. I don't think there's a way to get it to continually switch through all of the information screens.

I think you should just pick which info you are most interested in and leave it on that one screen. I leave mine on "Name" because that's what I'm usually most interested in knowing: the name of the artist.
    Oh, sorry. You are right, I should have said changing or switching.

I thought I saw it automatically changing during the song when I was test driving the car but it may have been on the nav version. I thought I was overlooking something. Oh well, it is still nice.

Thanks.
  • I bought the belkin mini stereo audio cable to plug in my iPod to the AUX input in my 2006 TSX, but for some reason, I hear no noise. Does anyone know of the reason for this? Or is this not compatible? Thanks.
  • crissmancrissman Posts: 145
    Make sure your radio is set to AUX and that the cable is plugged to the iPod headphone jack. Should work. This is how it works in my '06 Civic.
  • xplorx4xplorx4 Posts: 621
    You need to install a Ground-Loop Isolator (GLI). You can get one of these at Radio Shack.
  • uknyukny Posts: 5
    Anybody experiencing lack of AM transmission In certain locations the transmission is inaudible..whistling, buzzing etc. This problem did not exist when I first bought the car....Help! cannot listen to Sean Hannity and Mark Levin :(
  • devore420devore420 Posts: 30
    I haven't experienced a consistent problem with AM radio, but I do experience a lot of interference with both FM and AM radio because of traffic sensors at intersections. I'll pull up to a red light and the FM will become fuzzy and as soon as it turns green the signal will clean up. I think it's related to the sensors in the road that trip the lights. This may not be what you're experiencing.

Or maybe just leave it as is... for me, being unable to hear Sean Hannity would be a nice feature.
  • novicenovice Posts: 64
    devore420

I have some fuzziness with my FM and AM--but with XM I don't use my conventional radio sets anymore. Plus--I had your exact thought about Hannity--I'd beg for static.
  • crudcrud Posts: 5
    If you have your cell phone charging...that may be your problem. When the cigarette lighter is used, it screws up the frequency of the AM radio. Try unplugging it.
  • cloveclove Posts: 10
    Our 2000 Expedition has this and I love it -- does the TSX have this feature -- it is where it shows the radio station name, artist and song
  • I just got a 2006 TSX about three weeks ago. So far all is good, I love it. I don't think my sound system is bad at all. Coming from my 1990 Acura Legend, I had 2 12" subs in the back and good speakers all the way around, that sounded awesome. Now, it doesn't seem that bad, I was reading some of the other posts and it sounds like some blown speakers. I don't have any rattling with my speakers. There are a few issues I want to address/confirm.

First: I notice also that my FM seems to come in and out a little bit, even on the popular channels, it seems that way.

Second: Anyone notice a small "hissing" sound when playing CD's? Like you can hear a small, small sound that sounds like when your TV is "snowy". I noticed that, not that its a big deal, but a little annoying.

And the biggest item I want to talk about: has anyone had 4 or more people in the car and the back speakers do not play? On two seperate occasions, I had the back seat telling me that nothing was coming out of the rear speakers. I didn't even ask them the second time, they brought it up to me. I don't know if it is a courtesy thing where it shuts off the back speakers so it doesn't blow out the peoples' ears in the back. I have checked the fader and balance and everything is fine. When I drive by myself or with a passanger in the front, they all sound fine, just when there is 2 or 3 people in the back. Anyone notice this too?
  • Are you taking about the 6X9 by the back windows or the 6 1/2 on the back door side panels? I think the 6X9 are like subwoofers, the TSX’s amp filters the sound and only sends lower freqs to these speakers. Some owners replaced the 6X9 with 3-way or 4-way 6X9 to get a better sound from the rear. They sometimes had to add an extra amp or steal the speaker wire from the door panel to get the full sound from the new 6X9. I usually turn down the sound when I have back seat passengers and at a low volume you probably won't hear/feel the 6X9.

How do the speakers sound to you when other folks are in the car? If it sounds the same to you, it probably the 6X9 in the rear acting more like subs than reg full range speakers.
  • Is there a way to get your ipod to play using your steering wheel controls?