Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TSX Audio

Comments

• I don't think so.
  • There was. I think it was called Audio Link. (same system offered on other Acuras). They stopped offering it on the TSX because their was bleed over with the XM. Haven't heard if they're going to re-release any time soon.
  • IIRC, the Audio Link didn't let you use the steering wheel controls to control the iPod, though. It was one of the big complaints about it.
  • 4acuras4acuras Posts: 13
    I WISH the TSX system was BOSE, it is not. I had a 200 TL and really liked the sound it had, especially the cassete deck. Played my high end self made tapes from an NAD deck and B $ O turntable really good. I complained about a bit of distortion I thought I heard in my TSX and the dealer replaced the amp (so they said).

I get a crunchingly hissing, sort of crackling (hard to describe) sound from the center of the dash with the stereo off. It seems to come from the tires as it gets louder on rough roads. It has a slight affect on the sound system.
    Maybe my next set of tires will fix that.
    As a condition of my taking a lease on my TSX (I recently bought it from the lease) I had the dealer install the cassette deck. It takes up the upper storage spot but the deck sounds decent. I have a lot of Chromium, high end cassetes I made on a mid end NAD deck from a good CD player and also vinyl from a B & O turntable and wanted to be able to play them without going digital with them. Of course, I am an analogue fan anyway.
    AM is always going to be a problem due to it's nature. It
    drps uder bridges and tunnels, it skips around due to weather much more than FM. I was listening to New Orleans on I10 in the Florida panhandle at 2 AMK and San Antonio, just south of I10 on I75 in Florida at 3 AM. FM won't do that You guys must be young. I come from AM only rock stations era.
  • Can any one suggest me low cost cable compatible with all mp3 players to connect mp3 player to acura's music system
  • Does anyone know if you can add XM to an 04 TSX and have it operate through the factory radio. I don't want to have to add an additional interface to the car like a sky-fi.
  • Don't waste your money on an Acura audio link.
    This thing called a neo iOnaux costs 200 buck and you can install it yourself with no tools.
    you don't need to drill any holes nor do you need to remove the radio.
    the cord is in the stoage bin right below the A/C or disc changer so your ipod is there instead of in your glove box
    if you have the navi you need to buy a special harnss for 35 dollars
    this allows you to use the ipod controls, changer controls, or steering wheel controls to control your ipod.
    all of this can be purchased from mp3yourcar.com
    just selct ipod and then, acura, then year, then TSX
    there is a video of installing it on a TSX so ANYONE can do it
    it is super easy and sounds great
    all spelled out for you on this website
  • Do you get full access to playlists/artists/albums/genres and is it easy to navigate through them using the radio controls?

I have an 06 non-nav TSX and would like to add the iPod link but not sure which one. There is also icelink and iPod2Car...

If anyone has comments on any of these after market iPod hook ups, I would love to hear them!
  • I recently purchased an '06 TSX w/ nav. I'm approaching the end of my 3 month XM trial period, and I'm not sure I want to renew it. I really like the selection of music that is offered, but I've found myself not listening to it much because of the poor sound quality. I've heard it is because of music file compression by XM - has anyone heard anything about this? Is there any fix? In my opinion, I'd say the old school radio has better audio quality at times than XM. Anyone else notice this as well?
  • I have a similar feeling about the XM sound quality. It is noticably bad on BBC world service where it sounds very 'thin' like a cell phone. I doubt if there is a fix - the 3 month intro is supposed to convince you to buy service.

The Acura sales person said that you can haggle with XM to get a better price than the prices advertized at xmradio.com. Has anyone tried this and got a better price?

In my urban area we have some excellent FM choices. Personally, I'd pay $3/mo for XM, not more.
  • I'm looking for something that gives me better sound from my iPod in my 07 TSX w/out nav than the auxilliary input.

Has anyone been using aftermarket connectors, like Logjam or others, and can share some suggestions for getting good sound from the iPod? The previous posts on this topic were pretty old, so I was hoping for some fresh info, maybe updates on new technology, adapters. Thanks.
  • mytsxmytsx Posts: 1
    Hello everybody,

I just purchased 2004 TSX with 31,000 miles on it. I noticed that, when driving at night, it's hard to recognize the buttons on the audio system because it is completely dark! No lights on any of it, except for the display. I don't have navy, by the way, just a regular audio system. Can you help me find out what's wrong?

Thanks
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,703
    Does the 08 TSX have an audio, separate amplifier??
  • There was a TSB on the lighted audio controls for the 04s. The lights would dim or go out completely. Call Acura or stop by your dealer to see if your car is covered.
  • I just picked up an 04 tsx w navigation, like it, but miss the audio that I had in my Legend. Does anyone know if I can do the following?? I don't really want to alter the factory nav/radio system but.

Can I also install my Kenwood excellon radio, that would then allow me to add my sirius equipment and kenwood changer?? I'm thinking it could install in the little door under the factory radio. BUT, I would need to do something about the wiring harness. Is their a dual harness made by anyone? One that would allow plug into the factory as well as the Kenwood? Any thoughts?
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,703
    First off, are you wanting to use the power from this kenwood to power the whole system, while still using the navigation? That is possible, but realize, you will lose all functions of using your steering wheel controls to change the settings. You will be using the navigation strictly for its purpose, and the kenwood for the sound.

I am not sure I would do that, I would keep the factory as your main system, while trying to see if you could add the kenwood as an auxilary into the main system, therefore leaving access to all features of the car. I hope I understood what you were saying.

Any sound shop, not bestbuy or stores like that, but a sound shop, will be able to tell you whether you can hook this up like an auxilary. Therefore you can hook your surris radio up to that. It can be done.
  • I want both. I want to be able to use the factory radio for am fm ect, and the Kenwood excelon for sirius and usb (which it has). A local stereo installer told me yesterday they can do it, but they want $500.00 seems a little pricy. From there description, it doesn't sound that hard to do. They did say they need to order a part, but they won't tell me what part, or how they will do it, prob thinking I'd just do it on my own(might be right if it's real easy.

Anyone recommend an installer in the San Fernando Valley???
  • I did it myself, and it works better than expected. Will be doing the final mounting of things this weekend. The excelon kenwood really sounds much better than the factory, and since the factory radio is still hooked up, I can compare the difference with the push of a button. Now I have the kenwood for sirius, usb and aux plug in as well as the knewood cd changer, and the factory for AM/FM