Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TSX - Headlights

2»

Comments

• xplorx4xplorx4 Posts: 621
    The beam from projector-style HID lamps, such as those on the TSX, produces a very sharp horizontal cut-off. Each lamp's beam pattern for left-hand drive vehicles looks like this:
    _______/------------

where the '/' is the center of the beam.

Right-hand drive vehicles have a beam pattern that looks like this:
    -------------\_______

When shined against a wall about 8 feet in front of the car, the difference in height between the right and left sides of center is about 2.5". At greater distances, such as 100 feet, the difference is much larger.

The reason for this, as previously suggested above, is to compensate for road crown (center of road is higher than shoulders) and to decrease glare to oncoming drivers. Contrary to others' statements, the left headlamp is not aimed lower than the right [on left-drive cars]. If aimed improperly, the right headlamp is just as effective as the left at blinding oncoming drivers. Both headlamps are aimed level. The headlamp beam pattern affects the amount of glare. Therefore, left and right-side headlamps have identical beam patterns. Both have the jagged-horizontal-line cutoff pattern.
  • delmar1delmar1 Posts: 744
    It rained for the first time around here in So Calif and my TSX now has moisture / fog in the inner part of the front headlamp cover.

I am not sure if that outer headlamp cover is supposed to be sealed (which I imagine). Are there any adverse effects short or long term by having moisture in that outer headlamp cover shell? What can be done?

Thanks.
  • Headlight Issue - Moisture on the inside of the Glass Headlight Cover. I've got condensation moisture on the inside of the glass cover for my headlight cover. Last time this happened the low beam headlight eventually burnt out, so much condensation eventually buil;t up that the inside the headlights became almost useless and I had to take it in for servicing.

Is there any way for me to remove the cover myself and clean and reseal it (before I lose another headlight or is this something only the acura service department can do?

2004 TSX
  • johnny420johnny420 Posts: 473
    If the car is under warranty, let the dealer repair it.
  • guestguest Posts: 774
    Hello
    The center lights of the dash on my wifes 04 Acura TSX are out.The navigation screen illuminates properly however ALL the controls surrounding the nav system are DARK at night as well as the clock(top CENTER)ALL the contols work properly for the climate control and with a flashlight you can see that the clock is working as well.My question is does anyone have any experiance with this? Is there a seperate FUSE that controls the Illumination of this area?Thank you for any input!
    Christian Schulze
  • Hey, this is a common problem in the TSX. There is a possibility of 2 problems with this. One seems to hit alot of 2004 TSX's. The centre console lighting turns off and dealers will have to order in a whole new head unit.. this has happened to alot of people over at tsxclub.com. the other senario (the one I encountered) is just a blown fuse. Yes, there IS a seperate fuse for that area, a blown fuse there would mean your door lights/ map lights/dome lights and centre console/clock is all out, cept the blue ambient lighting. Take it to your dealer.
  • I own a 06 tsx with 145k+ miles. A neighbor informed me One of my headlights was out. I noticed the headlight was filled with water. Any suggestions on what to do.
  • biker4biker4 Posts: 746
    The lens must have a crack letting water in - fix that before replacing the bulb.
2»