Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TSX - Interior

Comments

• johnny420johnny420 Posts: 473
    I understood what the dealerships position was from your previous posts. My point is that if you didn't "spill something" as they claim, then it's time to press the issue. If need be, go over the dealers head and try to make contact with a district or regional manager, or contact Acura, which you should probably do anyway.

It sounds to me like your dealer is trying to get away with something and hopes that you will just go away. Corrosion of any type is unacceptable on a one year old car. You paid a lot of money for your car, and to just accept this is wrong. The car is under warranty. Force their hand on this.

Of course, this is all moot if indeed this "rust" is the result of something you did. But, if you're sure it's not, MAKE THEM FIX IT! And don't take no for an answer.

Something is causing this. The fact that the floorboard looks OK is a little strange, but if you really feel it's rust, it's up to the dealer to rectify the situation.

Johnny
  • jkobty2jkobty2 Posts: 210
    My suggestion is that you run the ac system for a while and peek under the car to see if the water condensation is being drained properly. I bet this is the improperly connected ac drain hose. This has happened to quite a few people already.
    Acura seems very bad at honouring their warranty. I have 3 more years to go on my lease and then I am dumping the car back to Acura. Like Mr T. says: 'I pity the fool' who will become the next owner of my car. In the meantime, I will make sure to 'Enjoy' this car really well, if you know what I mean :)
    No more Acura's for me.
  • htthtt Posts: 75
    I have a '04 Accord EX V6. The carpet underneath my all weather mat is rusty too. It's not a mess like yours but I can see some rust there. But it is only on the front driver side. I will have the dealer look at it on my first oil change.
  • copseyalcopseyal Posts: 36
    I have a Carbon Gray TSX with the Quartz Leather Interior, and was lookin to get the All Season Floor Mats after the fact. I assume these come in different colors, if so, anyone with my type have them, and can tell me which color, and/if they are worthwile, or cheapen the look at all? I like the floormats I have, but wanna keep them nice for as long as I can.
  • No I think the All Season Floor Mats come in only black (i.e. the Acura floor mats). You could buy non Acura one's but then there is a problem that they might not fit.

I had another question about the accessories. Do the splash guards help? I mean since I live in Minneapolis, MN, would they protect the underbody from snow/ salt/ corrosion? Does anybody have any experience in that?

Also if I buy the IPod, instead of the acura MP3 player (which I think is kind of costly!) is there any other method than removing the stereo and hooking up through the auxiliary input at the back. I am getting the one with the navigation system so that is another issue. Do those FM modulators work good?

I would really appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,
    Sud
  • c_hunterc_hunter Posts: 4,487
    The wireless FM transmitters are horrible. A wired FM modulator is better, but still not as good as a direct line in. For the FM modulator, you'd just need access to the antenna jack at the back of the radio (and any adapters in the event the radio does not use a standard antenna plug.

I put splash guards on our TSX, and they do a good job blocking spray from the tires.

Craig
  • djay1djay1 Posts: 1
    I was sold the idea that by locking the back seats in place and locking the interior trunk release... A valet would not be able to get into the trunk as long as they only had the valet key. But... once the door is unlocked...all anyone has to do is walk behind the car and open the trunk. I brought this to the attention of the dealer and they can't find a way to fix this problem. Worse... they tried the rest of their TSX'x in stock... They all seem to do the same thing... Has anyone heard of a fix for this security issue?
  • robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 7,977
    Isn't there a button in the glove box to disable the trunk latch? Then you should be able to lock the glove box with the main key - the valet key doesn't work in the glove box.
  • xplorx4xplorx4 Posts: 621
    There's a switch on the upper left corner inside the glove box that disables the exterior trunk release button. The salesman at your dealership doesn't know his products very well.
  • Has anyone installed the cargo net themselves? What's involved?

I just ordered my '05 TSX non navi. The dealer wants $119 for the cargo net, even though I pointed out that it's a $32 item on Acura's site. -He claims the extra $87 is for installation.

I'm thinking of purchasing it from another dealer's parts department once I take delivery. Should this be easy?
  • c_hunterc_hunter Posts: 4,487
    Super easy, probably a 10 minute job tops (I am even allowing room for mistakes!).

Craig
  • xplorx4xplorx4 Posts: 621
    It's actually a little harder than you might expect. $87 for installation may be a bit high, but take a look at these instructions to see how hard it is for yourself. Definitely more than a 10-minute job:

http://www.handa-accessories.com/tsx/08L96.pdf
  • Thanks Xplorx4. This was very helpful.

I feel much better about my dealer now. I thought it was just as simple as hooking the net on a couple of hooks. Now I don't feel like it's a total rip off.

Why don't car manufactures design the interior trunk panels with the hooks, or a simple punch out. -I'm sure dealers pressure them not to so they get the installation revenue!
  • I have parchment interior. Ordered the parchment all weather mats yesterday. Dealer said they added them for 05. Last year only black was available.

But, he did seem a little confused and asked if i would still take black ones if parchment weren't available afterall. So, we'll see when they get here.
  • I am about the only person who didn't get the all season floor mats thrown in with their TSX. Is the best bet to buy them through the dealer, or is there a decent online Acura accesory store link anyone knows of?
  • Try Ebay, I got some there for well under half price, the funny thing is they came from an Acura Dealer in Southern California.......got some Splash Guards from them as well, also around half price.
  • I bought my floormats thru a local dealer. They weren't thrown in with my car. Oh well. I have the parchment interior and I got the parchment all weather mats yesterday. They look great! But, my car smells a rubber factory! I'm guessing that will subside over time.
  • parchment weather mats are a new thing. They only had black all weathers until recently.
  • saruhhhsaruhhh Posts: 47
    Less than two months ago, I got the 05 with Parchment leather. I had seen on the board that others had problems with the dye in their clothes kind of "rubbing off and staining" the light leather. I noticed it too. I bought the Maguire's leather cleaner/conditioner today. It's great!! Took out all of the rub off and left the leather conditioned. It didn't discolor the leather. Just thought others with the same problem might find this useful.
  • Has anyone figured out what the four loops are for in the trunk??? I would assume the cargo net, but, nope, they charged me $130 for that (with install). What a rip!! That stupid thing is about 6 inches tall and doesn't even hold groceries. Save your money!!!

So, does anyone know what those loops are for??
    Click the handa link at the top and follow the Acura, TSX and then check out the cargo net - does yours look like that?

Also check out the installation instructions:

http://www.handaaccessories.com/tsx/08L96.pdf

$130 sounds high but it's a lot of work to put that thing in.
  • singhsingh Posts: 1
    When I brake hard, the drive seat moves forward a little as if the mechanism holding the seat has a slight slop to it. If I move the seat all the way back to the end of the travel, then the seat does not shift upon braking. I have taken the car to my dealer 3 times and each time he says that the seat mechanism is just fine. The passenger seat does not have this problem.
  • This is a known problem with the TSX, and Acura should really issue a TSB to dealers.

I had the same seat sliding problem, as do many other TSX drivers. My dealer was able to correct the problem fully by replacing the seat tracks.

Your dealer is wrong. There is a problem, Acura is aware of the issue, and there is a relatively easy fix. The seat tracks need to be replaced.
  • saruhhhsaruhhh Posts: 47
    Yeah. That's my tiny trunk net. Waste of money. Buy some nice $10 Rubbermaid bin and use that to keep groceries stable instead. Save yourself $120.

I realize it's a lot of work to install. But WHY does the car have all those loops in the trunk? They seem like perfect anchors for a better designed cargo net, to me.

The dealer threw in the well sized cargo net with my 03 Nissan Altima. AND the loops/anchors were part of the car. No need for drilling and extra fees.
  • thepdmmthepdmm Posts: 82
    The button plate that holds the VSA on/off button and the sunroof button (plus two empty slots) is a bit loose on my car.. I am talking it moves a bit if I tap one of the empty slots not so loose that it makes noise or is about to fall off.. as I have had problems with my dealer breaking other parts and putting them back on my car I was curious if this is normal? Again not a bit deal but going in for an oil change and if nobody has this problem I might say something about it..??

thanks
  • rross553rross553 Posts: 2
    Just bought a 2005 TSX. I bought it for good gas mileage and saving on gas money. Dealer tells me that it must, MUST, run on premium gas. Is this true? :confuse:
    Minimum 91 octane is what is recommended. It will run on regular 87 or mid-grade 89 but the computer will reduce the performance. You will probably also discover that you get less miles per gallon running a lesser grade of fuel - it may cost you more to buy the less expensive grade.

Good Luck.
  • manavimanavi Posts: 150
    You should have asked those questions before you bought the car, not after. Regardless, the owner's manual states usage of fuel lower than 91 octane may damage your engine.

If it's any consolation, do a quick computation of your annual fuel cost using regular unleaded versus premium unleaded. In my case it amounts to a whole $111 more per year and I drive 20000 miles per year. Here in Texas 93 octane is only 15 cents more per gallon than 87 octane.
    Here in Texas 93 octane is only 15 cents more per gallon than 87 octane.

Here in Boston it was always $0.20 more for premium. Now some stations are over a $0.30 differential. I wonder why?? :confuse:
This discussion has been closed.