Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TSX - Interior

Comments

• Has anyone installed the cargo net themselves? What's involved?

I just ordered my '05 TSX non navi. The dealer wants $119 for the cargo net, even though I pointed out that it's a $32 item on Acura's site. -He claims the extra $87 is for installation.

I'm thinking of purchasing it from another dealer's parts department once I take delivery. Should this be easy?
  • c_hunterc_hunter Posts: 4,487
    Super easy, probably a 10 minute job tops (I am even allowing room for mistakes!).

Craig
  • xplorx4xplorx4 Posts: 621
    It's actually a little harder than you might expect. $87 for installation may be a bit high, but take a look at these instructions to see how hard it is for yourself. Definitely more than a 10-minute job:

http://www.handa-accessories.com/tsx/08L96.pdf
  • Thanks Xplorx4. This was very helpful.

I feel much better about my dealer now. I thought it was just as simple as hooking the net on a couple of hooks. Now I don't feel like it's a total rip off.

Why don't car manufactures design the interior trunk panels with the hooks, or a simple punch out. -I'm sure dealers pressure them not to so they get the installation revenue!
  • I have parchment interior. Ordered the parchment all weather mats yesterday. Dealer said they added them for 05. Last year only black was available.

But, he did seem a little confused and asked if i would still take black ones if parchment weren't available afterall. So, we'll see when they get here.
  • I am about the only person who didn't get the all season floor mats thrown in with their TSX. Is the best bet to buy them through the dealer, or is there a decent online Acura accesory store link anyone knows of?
  • Try Ebay, I got some there for well under half price, the funny thing is they came from an Acura Dealer in Southern California.......got some Splash Guards from them as well, also around half price.
  • I bought my floormats thru a local dealer. They weren't thrown in with my car. Oh well. I have the parchment interior and I got the parchment all weather mats yesterday. They look great! But, my car smells a rubber factory! I'm guessing that will subside over time.
  • parchment weather mats are a new thing. They only had black all weathers until recently.
  • saruhhhsaruhhh Posts: 47
    Less than two months ago, I got the 05 with Parchment leather. I had seen on the board that others had problems with the dye in their clothes kind of "rubbing off and staining" the light leather. I noticed it too. I bought the Maguire's leather cleaner/conditioner today. It's great!! Took out all of the rub off and left the leather conditioned. It didn't discolor the leather. Just thought others with the same problem might find this useful.
  • Has anyone figured out what the four loops are for in the trunk??? I would assume the cargo net, but, nope, they charged me $130 for that (with install). What a rip!! That stupid thing is about 6 inches tall and doesn't even hold groceries. Save your money!!!

So, does anyone know what those loops are for??
  • robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 7,744
    Click the handa link at the top and follow the Acura, TSX and then check out the cargo net - does yours look like that?

Also check out the installation instructions:

http://www.handaaccessories.com/tsx/08L96.pdf

$130 sounds high but it's a lot of work to put that thing in.
  • singhsingh Posts: 1
    When I brake hard, the drive seat moves forward a little as if the mechanism holding the seat has a slight slop to it. If I move the seat all the way back to the end of the travel, then the seat does not shift upon braking. I have taken the car to my dealer 3 times and each time he says that the seat mechanism is just fine. The passenger seat does not have this problem.
  • This is a known problem with the TSX, and Acura should really issue a TSB to dealers.

I had the same seat sliding problem, as do many other TSX drivers. My dealer was able to correct the problem fully by replacing the seat tracks.

Your dealer is wrong. There is a problem, Acura is aware of the issue, and there is a relatively easy fix. The seat tracks need to be replaced.
  • saruhhhsaruhhh Posts: 47
    Yeah. That's my tiny trunk net. Waste of money. Buy some nice $10 Rubbermaid bin and use that to keep groceries stable instead. Save yourself $120.

I realize it's a lot of work to install. But WHY does the car have all those loops in the trunk? They seem like perfect anchors for a better designed cargo net, to me.

The dealer threw in the well sized cargo net with my 03 Nissan Altima. AND the loops/anchors were part of the car. No need for drilling and extra fees.
  • thepdmmthepdmm Posts: 82
    The button plate that holds the VSA on/off button and the sunroof button (plus two empty slots) is a bit loose on my car.. I am talking it moves a bit if I tap one of the empty slots not so loose that it makes noise or is about to fall off.. as I have had problems with my dealer breaking other parts and putting them back on my car I was curious if this is normal? Again not a bit deal but going in for an oil change and if nobody has this problem I might say something about it..??

thanks
  • rross553rross553 Posts: 2
    Just bought a 2005 TSX. I bought it for good gas mileage and saving on gas money. Dealer tells me that it must, MUST, run on premium gas. Is this true? :confuse:
    Minimum 91 octane is what is recommended. It will run on regular 87 or mid-grade 89 but the computer will reduce the performance. You will probably also discover that you get less miles per gallon running a lesser grade of fuel - it may cost you more to buy the less expensive grade.

Good Luck.
  • manavimanavi Posts: 150
    You should have asked those questions before you bought the car, not after. Regardless, the owner's manual states usage of fuel lower than 91 octane may damage your engine.

If it's any consolation, do a quick computation of your annual fuel cost using regular unleaded versus premium unleaded. In my case it amounts to a whole $111 more per year and I drive 20000 miles per year. Here in Texas 93 octane is only 15 cents more per gallon than 87 octane.
    Here in Texas 93 octane is only 15 cents more per gallon than 87 octane.

Here in Boston it was always $0.20 more for premium. Now some stations are over a $0.30 differential. I wonder why?? :confuse: