Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TSX - Interior

Comments

• carguy000carguy000 Posts: 55
    I'm concerned by something that manavi pointed out. I didn't realize that using less than premium might damage one's engine. I was under the impression that it would just reduce performance, and possibly gas mileage.
  • manavimanavi Posts: 150
    It's on page 152 of the TSX owner's manual.
  • lb55lb55 Posts: 4
    I'm a prospective buyer, love everything about the car, but got spooked by the November, 2004 Consumer Report's comment that "some drivers needed more lower-back support". Since I have lower-back problems and a test-drive doesn't allow for a decent evaluation, is there an owner out there with a weak back that can supply some commentary on this issue?

Thanks.
  • johnny420johnny420 Posts: 473
    The TSX's seats are both the most supportive and the best seats overall of any car I've owned. Not quite sure what CR is referring to, but the seats are very good. They are firm, but they're very well-shaped and supportive.

Johnny
  • celineceline Posts: 3
    I was not aware of the CR caveat on lower back dis-comfort. Nice to know I am not the only one. Spent a lot of time fiddling with the power seat adjustment before sticking a small pillow back there. LB pain ensued within ten minutes of every ride. Did not find the answer in the car's lumbar support tab. Dis-concerting because I love everything else about this car--but the prospect of back pain (which I'd never experienced before) every drive was a bummer. Recently have removed the pillow and re-fiddled with the seat settings with some improvement. It's an ongoing project. Other car is a 94 Camry and those ole fabrics are comfortable as hell by comparison.
  • jkobty2jkobty2 Posts: 210
    The reason for lower back support issue is that you cannot raise the bottom portion of the seat vertically with respect to the back portion of the seat. The entire seat moves up or down. although they have lumbar support, if you are an average build, the lumbar support will be in the middle or higher of your back instead of near the bottom of your back. I have lower back pain too, and that is the first issue I noticed sitting in this car. But it is for my wife, and her back is just fine.
  • marc10marc10 Posts: 7
    I want to buy oem fog lights for my tsx, so I can saver on the dealer costs. How much do they cost to install at a dealership and privately, and how do they put the fog light switch into the car? Will in the on side of the wheel or below near the stability control?
  • flicmodflicmod Posts: 21
    I bought fog lights for my TSX. I was going to have my dad install them since he's a mechanic, but he never installed any fog lights on a TSX or any Acura before, so I had the dealer install them. I think the price total was pretty close to $500 if not slightly over. I think the lights themselves cost around $420 or so. The switch for it is mounted on the left stem on the steering wheel column for the other lights. It's basically a circular piece around that stem that you twist to turn on and off.

Good point about the oil pipe lines. Most people probably never realize that all oil companies provide the same oil and gas, let alone how many pipelines it would take to accomodate each oil company.
  • meg9713meg9713 Posts: 21
    Is the Parchment hard to keep clean?
  • indybobindybob Posts: 10
    Have Black with Parchment TSX non Navi Auto purchased in January. Interior not hard to keep clean. On seats buy some Meguiers leather wipes that really work great. Have had some spots on carpet, but regular carpet cleaner works. Agreed that Parchment interior looks better than any of the black or grey interiors, but only think it looks good on black or white, not crazy about the red available.
  • frisconickfrisconick Posts: 1,275
    I prefer a low-gloss finish too, thanks for the info. :)
  • tcwattcwat Posts: 10
    Got the cargo nets on my TSX and am a bit unsure of how useful they are. It's nice put put a small bag of groceries in the net itself but I am use to using the net to keep stuff from sliding forward. If I put, say, a box between the net and the bumper, the box can slide under the net. Anyway to make the net more secure at the bottom?
  • I too got the useless cargo net. An expensive piece of junk. I just have a locking lid Rubbermaid tub that I let float around the trunk. I don't know of a way to make the net more secure at the bottom.
  • rko2rko2 Posts: 40
    I have a tub in my trunk too, and I pin it to the side with a bungee cord. You can clip it to the middle side clip and the rear side clip, and it will keep the tub in one spot. It works pretty well and can secure other things as well.
  • Hello,
    I'm new to the forum, and not sure if I'm posting in the right place, but I had a question for the TSX owners...
    I'm considering the car, and like almost everything about it. But, was wondering about the seats. It doesn't have bucket seats but sports seats. I don't think it's a problem in short distances, but I was wondering if in long distances the sports seats are still comfortable? Currently I drive a car w/ bucket seats.

Thanks in advance!
  • indybobindybob Posts: 10
    Dianka555,

Purchased an '05 TSX auto for my wife over a year ago and IMO the seats are a little firm, but comfortable. Longest trip was Indy to Knoxville, TN and found little difference between TSX seats and those on my '02 Bonneville SLE. I think it's just terminology of sports seats vs bucket seats.
  • Thank you very much... :)
  • derekgderekg Posts: 1
    there are no directions, and it doesn't make sense. Can anyone help? I carry sporting equipment in my trunk, so the net is a necessity. Thanks!
  • johnny420johnny420 Posts: 473
    I can't link it directly, but go to hondaacuraworld dot com. They have downloadable PDF instructions for all add on TSX pieces. Once you get to the Honda/Acura parts page, click on "Instructions" at the top of the page and you'll find it there under TSX.
  • gjustusgjustus Posts: 22
    I got my 2006 TSX at the beginning of February. It only has 3400 miles. I am very particular about my material possessions; therefore, I have been very careful with my car. I noticed some scrapes on the driver's side seat. It is on the part of the seat that I call the wing. I'm not sure if that is what it is called. It is on the wing closest to the door. My best guess is that a button on one of my pants must have caused the scrapes. Also, there are a couple of worn places on the seat where my back and posterior touch the seat. Again, these could have been caused by a button on my pants. Regardless, I don't feel with so few miles the seat should be so delicate that it should have scrapes on it or it should look worn. Does any think I have any hope of having this issue remedied by Acura?

Thanks

Glen