Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TSX - Interior

124»

Comments

• Have a 2006 tsx..bought a caego net...returned it because it was too complicated to install. A friend had an A4, he gave me the cargo net off the Audi...it fits really good and does the trick. The attachments are already in the tsx.
  • I looked at my TSX Ebony interior after your comments. The perforated leather in mine is not dyed all the way through (drum dyed), it is surface dyed and finished only. If yours is the same I think you are seeing the tan edges of the perforations. My experience in selling automotive leather it is usually drum dyed especially if it is going to be perforated.

For maintenance I use 303 Aerospace Protectant. I use it on the seats, dash, door panels, weatherstrip, under the hood-fuse box covers etc. Wipe dry and it leaves things looking nice, not slippery or shiny.
  • You can also use the cargo net from a 350Z coupe. It fits perfectly with the four hooks already in the back of the trunk. I purchased the TSX cargo net and the dealership installed for free. The TSX cargo net wasn't very useful just hanging in the middle of the trunk. I read other forums and ordered the 350Z cargo net for $32+shipping from the internet. Not one regret with the 350Z net. Now I have both nets installed in my TSX (w/ pics).
  • We have a '08 TSX that is experiencing VERY similar wearing of the leather seats.
    ( started just months after we bought it! )

I was wondering if you ever took your situation up with the dealer or anything?

Thanks,
    -- Keith
  • I would have let the dealer know about the problem as soon as I noticed it. My ebony seats (except for the wrinkles) look good on my 06 tsx, with 91,000+miles
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,721
    I would inform the dealer too!

I use Lexol on my seats and it works great! Creates a nice plush, soft feel without all the shine and slick. It keeps it all looking great.

Now, I have thought about the tan interior. I would be very hesitant, because of it turning blue with blues jeans and getting dirty. I might stick with black.
  • We did let the dealer know as soon as the problem with the leather appeared --- 4 months after we bought it new.

They have been giving us the run-around after several meeting & "inspections" of the seats. Their first take was that the damage was from something we were wearing on our clothes/jackets/etc. !!

Any suggestions?
  • I agree that the tan interior is risky with blue jeans and the darker microfibre jackets but I usually just buy into more frequent cleaning. I uase Lexol.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,721
    See, that is a load of poo! Its like they are not putting their money where their mouths are!! They sell a upper end car, but then turn around and excuse the fact that the seats are wearing out at a fast rate! That is not normal wear! Seats should be made to withstand the everyday in's and out's of the driver. Especially a car of this caliber should not be having this issue. That is bull!!

I would start a file immediately with Acura, giving them all the details such as mileage and occurrence. Compare to similarly equipped cars that are close in mileage.

Some dealers are not as eager to help as others are. Keep pushing to find a solution. Its all fine and dandy when they get the sale, but when your having an issue, they don't like to take the initiative. What's the problem, Acura pays the dealership for the work, and what is this thing called warranty? You would think the warranty would cover some what of this to an extent.

Do not give up on it, if you need to, go to another dealer. Inform Acura!
  • dtp55dtp55 Posts: 2
    My daughter has a 2004 Acura TSX and recently has had a problem with the A/C going out. Also when this happens the thermometer on the dash goes out. Sometimes I can turn the engine off and restart it and the A/C comes back on but this doesn't work everytime. It's a very random problem and really no way of knowing when it's going to go off or come back on.
    Has anyone else had this type of problem? I have taken it to the Acura dealership and they have a part ordered but it's on backorder. They tell me that this may or may not fix the problem because this recall part is actually supposed to address another problem with the dash lights going out.
    I would appreciate any info anyone might have on this.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,837
    Hi - I think your question would be better in the Acura TSX maintenance and repair discussion. "Interior" usually refers to the trim, dash, seats, etc., rather than the actual functioning parts of a vehicle. You can just click on my link to head to that discussion.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Can you share the cargo net pictures with me please.
  • biker4biker4 Posts: 746
    I doubt it's deterioation - more likely a clog.
124»