Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TSX Security System Questions

1235»

Comments

• cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Forest Lakes, AZPosts: 3,210
    is, if you drive a TSX, to keep it the hell out of the Bay Area, so long as you have a choice.

I drive quite a bit in CA, but I'm making sure I don't spend the night in that vicinity with my '08 (the last one before the beak).

An insider clearly has the key(s) to the kingdom.
  • kwokadooskwokadoos Posts: 1
    My 2004 TSX has been broken into twice in the last six months in the Cow Hollow neighborhood of San Francisco. Just like the break-ins noted by other TSX owners in this forum, mine were unforced entries as well. The first time I thought I forgot to lock my doors so I didn't do anything about it. My bluetooth headset was taken. My owners manual and registration were left alone, thank goodness. The second break-in occurred this past weekend. My car battery was taken this time.

Thanks for all the posts. I'm looking into getting a second alarm system for the car. I will also contact Acura Client Relations tomorrow. I'm so paranoid that every time I walk up to my car, something will be taken.
  • Yes, my '09 was hit just this morning. I walked out and my truck was open. I thought maybe I had accidently hit the button as I was going in last night but after I realized the interior had been gone through and that they didn't crawl thru the trunk it was though the doors. I'm sure I locked the car and now reading these comments I realize there's something up.
  • hdjcpahdjcpa Posts: 15
    Is it possible that when you enetr your TSX, there is some other electrical devise in your possession that is causing interference with your key fobe or security system (like a cell phone, blackberry, laptop, etc)?
  • I believe there is a master key out there where the person can just get into your car without setting the alarm off. (if you have a stock alarm) I had my car "broken" into sometime early this morning, I filed a police report and noticed that the person went through the glove box and etc. I am glad that not much was taken and the fact that there was no force entry (which is way better than replacing a window). This happened around the Nob Hill area in SF. Yes, like everyone else, I thought I left the car unlocked the first time, now I believe there is a "key" out there.
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Forest Lakes, AZPosts: 3,210
    that there is a master key or something similar afoot in the Bay Area. It's certainly been a consideration for me when I travel up there, which I do from time to time.

If you drive a TSX in the Bay Area, especially in the city itself, beware -- big time. Park in a locked garage or take everything you value out of the car when you leave it.
  • I called the Acura's Client relations department and found out that there is nothing we can do about the "master key" or "remote cloning" issues. They are "unaware of such issues or any reports".

I went to my dealership and had my remote fobs reset. The guy told me to "install an after market alarm system" (Acura of Serramonte). Like someone suggested, use your key or just get an after market alarm system.

Acura's Client relations: 800 382 2238, option 5

**I also suspect that someone will set your alarm off - wait till the owner disarms and clone your remote when you disarm.
  • sn1980sn1980 Posts: 1
    My 2005 Tsx has been broken into 6 times in the last 2 years. Each time they've only opened compartments in the front seat area. However, last night, they had the guts to go through my trunk as well. I live in North Beach - it's a safe and well-lit neighborhood.

I will also contact client relations as well.

Although they never stole anything of large value, it's a violation of privacy.
  • nj2pa2ncnj2pa2nc Posts: 813
    Can not be that safe of a neighborhood if your car is broken into that many times-
  • Maybe this is the result of technology where iPhones were used to disarm the cars since you can use them to pretty much turn on/off many high tech items. I do hope Acura did something about this for the 2nd gen TSX... more specifically the 2012 model which I just purchased...
  • I am in the process of financing a 2012 tsx. They are offering me the python 1601 security/remote start system for $525. The sales manager said the acura remote start system is too expensive??? Does anyone know if its worth getting?
  • The best price I got do far for a 2012 tsx with tech package is 31,851 with $500 towards the down payment. Would you consider this a good deal? This is the price before taxes n fees.
1235»