Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Sienna Navigation System

Comments

• tkaztkaz Posts: 69
    What is the procedure to upgrade from 4.2 to 6.1 if you have the new DVD? I have a Gen4 system in my 2005 Sienna. Did I miss the procedure in my owner's manual?
  • mdchachimdchachi Posts: 275
    Just buy the new 6.1 DVD and insert it into the map disk drive. That's it. (Note, this is a map update. It's not going to give you new functions or features.)
  • Egusman,help me pls,
    my love van display:please insert map dvd.how can i do ?
    last time my van does not work ,and the battary had been changed,can you give me some suggest to restore dvd ?
    the car is sienna 2007 xle limited
    ques1:i am in china,so map dvd navigations is no use,but now i can't insert cd,and not to play dvd.i only need dvd player and radio etc,not for dvd map,so what can i do this?
    qus2:my friends have lexus,prius,do you know which discs type available for sienna?
    qus3:how much of sienna dvd map(not for update) and how can i buy?my china dealer don't know this.
    thanks ,if you have some other way,pls tell me
  • egusmanegusman Posts: 15
    q1 cd slot is on top benind the screen. gps dvd map slot below. the map dvd slot will not play dvd movies. you would need seperate dvd movie player.
    q2 the 2007 lexus and 2004 and 2005 pruis map dvds are the same as 2007 sienna xle which all use denso gps computer . . the 2006 and 3007 prius uses an eisen computer and use a differen incompatible ,ap with denso units.
    q3 the usa maps will not work in china. i dont know the availablity of chinese dvd maps sorry.
    the usa dealers say thae cannot change the regional code of factory dvd players. it isnt the same file system as dvd movie players so a progrean to switch regional code probably wont work on a factory gps player.
    be sure to buy the right 6.1 disc. there are now 6 different 6.1 discs out. the 4th genraqtion upgrade has id number U21 arounf 2 oclock on the dvd label. and the part number on the label is 86271-33046.
  • Hi!
    I alsoe have a 2007 sienna in sweden,and wounder of what cind of Lexus you ment,there seemes to be different betwen the Lexus cars.
    I asume that some of them have the denso nav but who?
    No, the supplier for europe is completely different. denso only supplies north america.
  • caravan2caravan2 Posts: 198
    Hello,

I think that factory installed systems are DVD driven and don't have flash or hard drive to store data, correct? Are updated CDs with new maps are available every year as is with other GPS systems? I bet those CDs are expensive as well.

I don't understand why those are so expensive. Has anyone tried to install some other systems available by Garmin or others? I would like to permanently install the GPS.

Thanks,
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Yeah, Subaru's pair of DVDs for the update cost over $200. :surprise:
  • robocatrobocat Posts: 1
    I'm in the Air Force and plan on taking my 2004 Sienna to Germany this summer. Is there any way to update the navigation system with maps of Europe? I've read a couple of websites and get the impression that the made for the USA system is incompatible with the made for Europe system. Am I correct about this? Are updates with European maps available for my Sienna? :confuse:
    That's correct. It's not possible. You'd have to swap out the entire nav unit.
  • My GPS is suddenly not working. The GPS indicator at the top left part of the screen is missing. I have manually reset the nav system MANY times and it is still not right. I own a 2006 Toyota Sienna XLE AWD. Any suggestions? I will be calling the dealer on Monday to see if this is something they can help with. I have had trouble with the run flat tires and have already had to replace them (at a RIDICULOUS cost!). I am no longer a Toyota fan and this is just one more reason to support my claim!!
  • krohrer6krohrer6 Posts: 1
    Mine has not worked since Feb. Got all 4 new tires, reset and re-calibrated but it would only last about 5 miles before I was off track again. Took it to the dealer - there is a technical service bulletin that they have access to indicating that they need to order a replacement part or disc to fix the problem. Would have been nice if Toyota notified people of the problem rather than waiting for them to complain.
  • purchased a 2006 van with GPS in June 06. Have used garmin products, use Lexus, Audi, Cadillac to name a few - was so sad that a vehicle listing over $40K had such a poor GPS - local streets not there - missing interstate and Pa Tkpe exits, etc. Checked with dealer and was told had latest disk - 5.2 Less than 9 months later they want $305.00 for an update. Wonder if I can return it if it is as poor as original. Should have a free up-date for some period after purchasing new vehicle - did appreciate posting indicating latest part number.
  • i am starting to get familiar with the nav. system. so far, i am really happy with it. no missing streets, exits, etc.

the feature i like the best is you can search based on phone number and poi name. I have used laptop gps such as delorme and ms streets and maps (pharos system) .. the toyota one is definitely easier and more user friendly.

i bought my sienna last month ...
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    It's hard to say if it would be worth it. Maybe see if a new 2008 model in the dealer has those maps, and if you can find a street that's missing on yours?

With my Garmin, I found the CitySelect v8 maps MUCH better than version 6, and it was easily worth upgrading. Of course that's $85 in Garmin's case.
  • navguy1navguy1 Posts: 181
    Go to your local Toyota dealer and ask them to refer to EL012-06. They can easily fix your technical issue regarding the missing GPS icon.
  • navguy1navguy1 Posts: 181
    Go to your local Toyota dealership and have them refer to EL012-06. This will fix the issue to resolve the navigation positioning being inaccurate.
  • my 2004 sienna gps system is accurate as to location, but all of a sudden the routes that it chooses are all local sidestreets. I know it is a change because it happens on familiar routes that I've taken before. For instance, in traveling on a major interstate between 2 states ( I-95 for instance) the navi will guide me off the road onto side streets, whether I choose "quick" or "short" for the route preference. Is this a known problem? It will get me to the location.