Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Sienna Tires & Wheels

1121314151618»

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    FWIW I have 53k miles on the original Dunlops, but the non-run-flats tend to last longer.
  • Yes, I know, we already shared our experiences a year or two ago. I don't know why, maybe hilly landscape or significant city component of our driving are the main contributors, but I stand by my (and seemingly a lot of other owners') numbers: 20k on the front axle (or 30k if you do rotate the tires), no matter the tire brand (OEM non-run-flat Dunlops, Yokohama Avid TRZ, Hankook Optimo H727), moderate driving style, no heavy loads, no alignment/balance problems, always inflated to 35 psi (cold).

I also mentioned once that my Sienna brake pads are only good for 10-15k. This problem is now solved. It was solved when I reluctantly (and partly accidentally) switched finally from OEM to aftermarket brake pads.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    edited September 2012
    I do tend to do more highway driving than city.

The van's been from DC to Florida twice, and CT probably 3 times. Plus countless times to the Eastern Shore of MD.

Still, very happy these tires have lasted this long, brake pads as well. They owe me nothing.
  • dtownfbdtownfb Posts: 2,915
    Minivans in general are hard on brakes and tires. 25k-30k on tires is not out of the ordinary; Same thing with brakes. The Michelin Primacy on my 2004 Quest lasted 51k miles. Needless to say, i replaced them with the same brand.
  • On my Sienna 2004, the nut that holds the spare tire cable, has pentagonal shape.
    The manual says that the wheel nut wrench should be used to release the spare tire. The wheel nut wrench, which came with the car, has hexagonal shape, so it does not fit the nut.
    Did I miss something?
  • fibber2fibber2 Mid Hudson Valley, NYPosts: 3,729
    No, you didn't miss something - they changed things when you weren't looking.

Your van came with a spare tire winch that had a standard 21 mm hex head. Problem is people torqued the hell out of this with everything from impact guns on down, and this *may* have been a factor in damaging the anti-rust coatings, severe rusting, cable breakage, loose spare tires rolling free down highways, etc.

So as part of the recall, they changed the head to something non-standard, and they should have given you the special socket in a little black pouch, and tossed it in with the jack. You hook it to the little metal bar (speed drive tool) also back there to hoist it up and down. There should also be a yellow label on the base of the pillar telling more.
  • I have 2013 Toyota sienna base. My tire size is P235/60R17. Can I use tire size P235/65R17? Thanks.
  • capriracercapriracer Somewhere in the USPosts: 785
    Not according to Discount Tire.

Besides, Tire Rack lists 33 different tires available in that size - excluding winter tires - so why are you wondering about changing tire size when there are so many options in the correct size?
  • Thanks for your response. I ordered wrong tire size by mistake so I was wondering if it is ok to have that size or not inorder to safe time. But now I have changed my order and will use the correct size. Thanks again.
  • Looking to replace my set of 225/60/R17 set. Who likes what and why? I don't care about handling, I'd like something that'll last long and do well in snow......without buying dedicated snow tires. Was looking at Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus, but it gets mixed reviews in snow. We get quite a bit here in crappy Wisconsin! Any advice is appreciated
  • I've had good luck with Yokoham geolander ATS -- 40000 miles , good in snow and backroads (I live in central PA and use my Sienna as a basecamp). However, Consumer Reports rates them poorly however; Nokian WR G2 Sport Utility (made in Finland, great snow/ice rating) look VERY promising.
  • Dueler H/L 422

If you can wait til January, you can use this:

https://www.upaywhatwepay2014.com/xpVgD