Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Impala: Meet the Owners

123457»

Comments

• mymittiesmymitties Posts: 242
    Hi there alwjordan.. Hey, don't give up so soon..!!! :surprise:

Yes, there is a " Technical Service Bulletin" (TSB) and fix for your Fob (transmitter)problems...See post # 47 for actual TSB explanation and then read all our experiences and comments etc. in this discussion title.
    Good Luck.......
    Frank ;)
    HEY ALWJORDAN

Sorry... A LITTLE CORRECTION HERE ...SHOULD HAVE READ .. SEE POST # 47 UNDER THE " KEY FOB QUESTIONS TITLE" ...
    Frank ;)
  • wbowl99wbowl99 Posts: 133
    Hey, alwjordan, what kind of problems are you having with the weatherstripping and why did they replace it?
  • quietproquietpro Posts: 702
    Frank,
    Wasn't the TSB or '06 models? I think he's the first with an '07 with problems. I think when I take mine in, I'll check the FOBs on a new '07 while I'm there. Maybe it's just been too early to hear about the '07s? Hmmmm....

Ron
    Hi Ron,

My understanding is that the current TSB covers all 2006 and 2007 Chevrolet Impala and Monte Carlo models....see copy of TSB in posting # 47 of this discussion title.....

Well, I don't think they are all exempt from this... Some of the guys around here are having the same 'ole problems with some of their '07's. Let me know your experience when you find out.
    Frank ;)
    Hey Bryan...
    To be on the safe side, I thought I better post over here...As you well know, Karen has her wicked wrist slap thing , but Kirstie ??!! Geee, I don't like blood and stuff... You never know who's lurking about now.. do you !!

Sooooo, anyway, Something just hit me here..!!
    With all your senority here (no not age) with this forum, and your vast histoical Impala experience and knowledge, why aren't you Hosting.?? You get my vote.

Enjoy the day...
    Frank ;)
  • Not sure how reliable I'd be...and I've never been asked. I have been in here for quite some time, back in '99 when everyone was buying the new 2000 Impalas this place was a hopping forum. My profile says I was here since April '01 , but thats when they started keeping record. I was here in '99, maybe a little before. I think I've been around before most of the hosts have been. But, I appreciate your vote, and yes I have seniority in age as well...thats why my SS is a real "sleeper"....I need my nap every afternoon.... :) ......picture a young kid pulling up along side this old gray bearded guy in a maroon car....then I blow them away...it's so embarrassing for them if their girlfriend is with them!!.......wishful thinking.... ;) .....anyway, take care......bryan
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,014
    I'm as old as it gets here. :sick: Been in these parts in one aspect or another since the Forums started in '97.

FYI: The 4/13/01 start date was when we went to a different software vendor.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• Yeah, that makes you an old-timer...for sure..... :sick:
  • I'm hoping this is under the right forum......As of today, I have decided not to post anymore on the Edmunds forums. This is my last post. I wish everyone the best of luck with their Impalas.........I'm requesting that the Host/Hosts remove me as a member, thank you........bryan
  • nosirrahgnosirrahg Little Rock, ARPosts: 872
    Sorry to see you go...I've been posting here since early 2000 when I ordered my Impala, and you're right it was often THE busiest forum on Edmunds. While there are obviously some big fans of the current 2006+ Impala here, it hasn't had the same following on Edmunds as the 2000 did. The upcoming 2009/2010 Impala promised to invigorate the boards, but now there's talk that they're on hold and might not happen to the CAFE standards.

Anyway, I hate to see you go; I'll likely hang around here for at least another couple of years until I decide what I'm going to buy next. I'm trying to stay loyal to GM if I can, but lots of things could change in the next two years.
  • wbowl99wbowl99 Posts: 133
    Bryan, although I haven't been around but a few months, I do appreciate all the help/advice you given, even if we women made you feel like you had a girlie car :D .

I know you will be missed, by me and others. Happy cruising, er, spinning.

Wanda --
  • kwhit60kwhit60 Posts: 2
    Hello Everyone,
    I am changing my brakes and rotors on 2008 Impala LT. Can someone tell me what tool I need to actually remove the rotor off the hub? Is it the star shaped bolt (allen)on the disc? If yes what size would that be?
123457»
This discussion has been closed.