Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Impala: Meet the Owners

Comments

• 944s944s Posts: 42
    hi im sorry to post this here but the maintance and repair forums look inactive since about last month... i have a very serious (and expensive) problem with this impala. the car is overheating a lot, i have already replaced the water pump (2 times), thermostat(3 times), radiator fans, coolant temp sensor and the coolant level sensor, and it is still overheating. i need some help as to what can be causing the problem. any answers yould be creatly appreciated.
    thank you!
  • I haven't had any overheating problems with my 2000 3.8, but considering you've pretty much replaced everything in the cooling system with no success EXCEPT the radiator, could that be the problem?

It might help the diagnosis if you can give an example of how/when the car overheats...how you were driving, for how long, weather conditions, etc. When you say it's overheating, is it literally spewing coolant somewhere, and/or is the temp gauge getting into the red zone...or is the gauge reading hotter than "normal" but below the red zone?
    oh i forgot to mention that the radiatior was also replaced.. what seem to be happening is the coolant is not circulating throughout the system. i doubt one of the hoses is clogged. and the water pump works becaure there is pressure.when i start the engine the hoses are hard to the touch,,, and what it seems to do it spits it back through the reservoir. as for the gauge, it quickly goes up, if i dont shut the engine off it will go all the up :sick:
  • Losing coolant through the reservoir is a classic symptom of leaking head gaskets. The wife's Alero with the 3.4 did exactly that.
    thx a lot man i appreciate it!
  • I have read a lot of postings about radio, RKE/fob, and tire pressure issues in the Impala forum.
    I do not own one, YET, but I am seriously considering one. My question is should I buy a new 07 because Chevrolet has fixed these problems or should I save a couple grand buying an 06?
    BTW, it will be an LT/V-6 :shades:
    Thanks for any and all recommendations/suggestions.
  • Why not go for a leftover SS?
  • quietproquietpro Posts: 702
    I'm pretty sure all the common problems have been fixed. I addressed them somewhere in one of these Impala forums. If you have a particular concern, I'll try to answer it for you. But, an '06 3.9L won't have DOD if that's something you're interested in. Otherwise, it's the same car. :)
  • true, If power is what you want ..go with the SS...otherwise ..it doesn't matter..
  • mymittiesmymitties Posts: 242
    Wow..this is somewhat disappointing..... You know, I really don't want to cause a problem here for myself, but, Holy Moly Batman...what's going on here. Hey guys, am I reading too much into this and taking something too personal, or what...?? Would you please help me understand this one..!! I can logically see a different posting topic area beteween the 2005 and 2006 Impala...Ya, it's a much different car. Ok then, why do we now have a different posting topic area for the 2006 and the 2007 Impala ????!!! Come-on now...What's so different here ...? The '06 & '07 sure look and act like the same car to me....Same body, same features ,same options, same problems, etc, etc.
    So, do ya think, we are all getting too close here...?? I don't want to cause a problem for y'all, but hey, Ron, Bryan, if you care to, please help me with some of your usual good reasoning here..Calm me down...i'm ticked!!
    Frank :mad:
  • Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,028
    Uhhmmm....all I'm trying to do is help out new people who won't venture into a discussion with 2006 tacked on it because they're either buying or thinking about purchasing the 2007. There's no conspiracy here. I thought it would be welcome. :( I will change the title to 2007 New Owner Reports if that is more acceptable.

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• lol...Well, actually while all this was happening I was re-falling in love with my '06 here..washed her....waxed her...ahhhh...true love! My wife says she doesn't know how or why men can fall in love with a car!!! Anyway, Frank, I see your point here,we know the 07's are identical to our 06's, and then I can see Karens point also (rubbing my wrist as I typing, darn thing still hurts). Not everyone out there is as astute about cars as we are. Some people who are not 'into' cars may not know the 06's and 07's look alike, smell alike,feel alike......so for me this time I'll sit on the fence...I can see both sides this time...of course it behoves Karen to tell the 07 buyers to come and talk with us since we are without a doubt the most intelligent,kind-hearted group in here :blush: .................ok, let me go now , finish cleaning up my baby................talk later..
  • quietproquietpro Posts: 702
    While I don't necessarily like all the subheadings (because you can't count on people to use them and end up searching through unrelated subjects to find info), this one is acceptable to me. It will help the '07 owners avoid the common '06 woes and concentrate on any new '07 woes, such as the chipping red paint.

Frank, don't feel like you're being uninvited. I'm sure the '07 crowd will value our insight and experience and enjoy rubbing it in as to how their FOBs worked as advertised from the start. :)
    Ya know , I personally don't like all the subheadings
    here , but I'm willing to work with it ....I still consider this to be one of the best, if not the best , Impala forum's around !! Great bunch of Guys. Some times we (I) get a little emotional and wrapped up in our(my) way of thinking and we (I)can't see the forest for the trees, as they say. So thank you to my two friends who made some very valid points and helped me through this..!! Much appreciated Ron,& Bryan .! I knew I could count on you to impart some wisdom...
    And Karen, sorry for being such a pain in the back-side here, you do a great job..... :blush: I know it's not easy!!
    Hey guys....I love my Chevy !!!
    Many Thanks,
    Frank ;)
    No problem! Just please know that if you have any questions about the Forums, don't hesitate to ask! Drop me an email any time. :)

Hey Bryan,

Hi there my friend....just wanted to make sure everything ok..??
    That sure was a rip roaring posting !! :mad:
    Frank ;)
  • I was just being goofy....I'm irish, so I was just getting geared up for a celebration tonite....... ;) .......Love my Impala.....take care....... :)
  • Hello just wondering if anyone is having trouble with door weather stripping and key fobs? I purchased new 2007 in october the dealer has replaced the passenger rear and that has not solved the problem. now the key lost distance.it used to work 200ft away now it barely goes 12ft away.If there is no recall in site I,ll be forced to seek an attorney. Case in point I would not recommend buying this car! ">
    Hey Bryan,

Gee, I wonder what you would have done if GM made a Leprechaun green available back in '06.. :surprise: Hmmmmmmmmmm very interesting !!! This would have certainly set you apart from you know who...!!
    Well, I'm am sort of an inquisitive guy here for the most part and some thing has just hit me !! :blush: Ya, probably a little slow on the up-take.... I sometimes like to figure out what's behind certain names here... I realize that it could be kind of personal and certainly none of my business .But, is it Colonel Bryan Chester..??

Talk soon
    Frank ;)
    Welcome to CarSpace Forums!

Sorry you're experiencing problems so early into ownership. For the key fob issue, you might want to check out this discussion

Chevrolet Impala Key Fob Questions