Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Camry Tires and Wheels

Comments

• 210delray210delray Posts: 4,722
    S is actually the lowest rated typical speed rating for all-season passenger car tires. For tires that you'll be considering, the order (from lowest to highest) is S, T, U, H, and V. See tirerack.com for more info.

BTW, this topic will be moved by the hosts in short order.
  • thoythoy Posts: 2
    I recently posted a message wherein I said my 2002 Camry XLE came with S-rated tires. I was in error - the original tires were V-rated. The original tires wore out and I replaced them some time ago with V-rated tires but it was very expensive. I now need new tires again. Can I safely downgrade to an H or S tire? How about the handling and stability? Thanks for your help.
    Despite what the owner's manual says, you can drop down to H- or even T-rated tires. After all, the base Camry LE came with T-rated tires, and the suspension is identical to the XLE.

Just make sure you stay with the same size tires. Unless you drive like a bat out of hell, you'll likely notice absolutely no difference in handling.
  • I am on my second set of Bridgestone Turanza LS-H tires for my 98 Camry XLE V-6. I love them. They are quiet, responsive, and I got 80K from the first set. Tire Rack and Firestone carry them, Discount Tire could order them for me.
  • dandman1dandman1 Posts: 12
    hi
    has anybody put IS 300 rims on a camry
    i can get some steel 16" rims for the winter, same bolt pattern as 07 camry, but one is rwd, camry is front wheel drive, will offset by that bad?
    id be running 215/60/16 snows
    thanks
    dan
  • jg6jg6 Posts: 70
    You need a wheel offset of 40-50mm. You have to do that homework.............
  • ja5573ja5573 Posts: 14
    Hi, my 05 Camry LE has 30k on it. The tires seems to be factory installed Goodyear Integrity(I bot it used). When should I expect to replace the tires? Thanks.

J
    How much tread is left on them now? Tires generally start with 10/32 inches of tread depth, and 2/32 is the legal minimum in most places, although it's not wise to let them get worn that low (that's only 1/16 inches). Don't forget, you have a full-size spare in the trunk.
  • blufz1blufz1 Posts: 2,045
    Maybe 45k.
  • ja5573ja5573 Posts: 14
    Thanks for the reply. One more thing, is there a easy way to measure the thread left without taking car to the maintenance shop?

J
    You can buy a tire tread depth gauge at an auto parts store for about 5 bucks. Or you can use a penny to see if the tread is near the legal minimum. Also, the tires have "wear bars" to show when the legal minimum is approaching -- details are in your owner's manual.

Insert the penny into the tread with Lincoln's head pointed downward. Do this at several places around each tire. If you can see the top of Abe's head, the tire should be replaced.
  • Hi I don't have much time now to read all preious posts so I'm going to throw this out there. I'm buying a Super White XLE. I really don't like the wheels that come on the car. My friend has a Camry SE that looks so sporty with custom chrome wheels. I'm buying the XLE for comfort but would want to make it look more sporty. I'm tinting the windows dark. Any wheel suggestions that are a good deal? Maybe a wheel/tire that is inbetween passengar and performance. Thank you so much for your time!
  • alaoalao Posts: 1
    My 07 Camry LE tires are cupping at 11,000 miles. I brought it to the dealership, the told me that it's normal and that I "Have To" rotate the tires every 10,000 miles. I suspecting that it's my strut is causing it. I check my strut, 3 out of 4 have oily film. The dealer told me that the oily film is normal. They will not replace the strut or tires. Have anyone experience these issue before? If you have, please advise me how to get it fix or what I have to do to get it fix.
  • stlpike07stlpike07 Posts: 218
    Well, the owners manual suggest oil changes and tire rotations at every 5,000 mile interval.

I would recommend going to a different Toyota dealer, because any Toyota dealer can do warranty work.

If that gets you nowhere, call Corporate Toyota's customer service and open a case with them. See what a case manager recommends.
  • I'm not sure what happened, but one morning, my wife drove the Camry to work and noticed that a hub cap was missing. I'm not sure if it was because someone stole it, or I might've lost it while driving. Either way, it's missing. So if you live in Los Angeles or around the area, and are willing to give, or sell for cheap, please post your response with an email address and we can probably meet up or something. Thanks!
  • stlpike07stlpike07 Posts: 218
    I'd check on ebay. I guarantee you can find one for cheap. Or, go to a junk yard. The hub cap will probably be a few dollars at most.
  • Go to www.hubcaps.com

They are inexpensive and have everything. I've got several things from them.
  • I have a 03 camry, I found the pressure which shows on the door say 20 psi. But when I rotate my tires, the shop always increase the pressure to 32 psi. So what is the correct pressure for my car?
    It's not 20, it's 29. I assume you made a typo.

But 32 isn't going to hurt at all, and personally I inflate the tires on my '04 and '05 Camrys up to 35 psi.