Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2003 Toyota Camry Exterior

Comments

• mls89mls89 Posts: 2
    I posted message on this board 06/19 that after I spilled gallon of water on the floor behind driver's seat 'door open' light on and horn blowing. Now it getting worse: parking, brakes and illumination lights on with no key in ignition. Should I wait till it dry out or look for mechanic?
    Regards,
    Mike
  • 03cobra03cobra Posts: 37
    I just had one installed on an 07 SE. They did the hood, and whole front fender/facia for $550. The cost is in the labor, not the kit. You can buy a pre-cut kit online, but they are very hard to install and you only get one chance to get it right. I found this place by asking auto dealerships who they use to install the kits, and I just called the place directly.
  • phdigiphdigi Posts: 3
    Just had paint protection film (Ventureshield, not 3M) installed on my Camry Hybrid by a professional installer (http://www.clearbraoregon.com). Amazingly he was able to offer coverage of whole hood and whole fenders with single pieces of film, and I decided to pay big extra $$ for the complete coverage -- w/o knowing in advance, no one can tell there is a film on the hood or the fenders even at 1 foot distance!

Ventureshield is probably the only paint protection film capable of full hood coverage (not all installers stock the widest film to do this, though). I think many folks here might haven't known it is possible to do the whole hood and hence would like to share my experience. It does cost big $$ but well worths it.
  • Is there such a thing as a hood shield or screen? What's it really called? Where can I get one less expensive than the dealership? (I did find Auto Anything, any other suggestions??)

Which do you think would look more hip - a bra or a shield?

Thanks for comments!!
  • lmacmillmacmil Posts: 1,756
    I think bra or front end bra is the common terminology. I personally think they look silly but that's just me.
  • ramzey28ramzey28 Posts: 130
    Can you purchase a SE front grille to put on an LE? Does anyone know the price? And if it would be easy to swap out? I know its not a toyota option but must be able to buy it from parts ????
  • deep6deep6 Posts: 3
    Hey Guys i realize that the post i am replying too was posted way back in 2003.....but the price got my attention...185 dollars...thats cheap...i was quoted 600 dollars for the same thing for 3M protection film covering the front bumper, hood, and mirrors.
    If anyone out there knows of a cheap 3M installers please let me know..i am in Northern california...
    Also CMARYSEV6OWNER can you please post the name of the shop where u have gotten the protection shield from.
  • njeraldnjerald Posts: 688
    Just ordered the Chrome Hybrid grille for my XLE.

$178 delivered.
  • What color is your XLE Grille? If it is blue Ribbon, I would be interested in getting it from you. Can you let me know where you got the Chrome grille at for $178. Thank you,
    Jim B.
    Mine is titanium.

toyotapartspeople.com.

Part Number 53101-33220
  • mnman69mnman69 Posts: 19
    Has anybody intalled one of these? The lip spoiler that is.I bought one but didn't come with any instructions.Are there holes underneath so I drill upward or?
  • I put one on my 07 Camry. It came with a install kit. The kit had a pattern to drill the holes in the right places. You need this install kit or you can do serious damage to you car.
  • One of my parking lights just went out on my 93 camry, and the owners manual says I should replace with a 168 bulb. I'm just wondering if there is a difference between the 168 bulb and 194 bulb?
    168 is a little higher amperage (.35 vs .27) and has a lower expected life than a 194.
  • So shouldn't be any problem switching to 194 right? I plan on trying some of the LED bulbs so that my parking lights will match my silverstars.
    Right on! I will probably be going to LEDs on my '07 auxiliary lights.
    Installed the grille. 15 minutes to get it out, 10 minutes to complete the installation.

Now to work on the lower grille.
  • iggy38iggy38 Posts: 5
    I have a Silver 2007 SE , and just purhased door sills and obx shiftknob. Does any one know how to install these? ALso i am replacing the speakers in the rear and have heard it is hard to install them. Any ideas would be great
  • you might want to check your bumpers, bought it during the week and was able to look at it very closely during week end and found out that my bumper is 8 mm off at the left headlight, my 07 Camry is magnetic gray and ash, bought it at Power Irvine and still am waiting for the General managers opinion, I was told at the service that its a manufacturers defect, be sure to check ASAP...
  • Factory/distributor ground effects are a common option on the SE model in South Fla. and perhaps elsewhere. Are these same ground effects available as an installed option on the V6 XLE ?
    :)
  • Just purchased an '07 XLE and would luv to get color coded mud flaps, anyone know where I might get them? Thanks
  • How do I fix scratches on side rear and front gards? It seems plastic.

Thanks,
  • These can be had from your dealer;they run about $100 a set.
  • Where can you get these for an 07 Camry; even the dealers don't have them.
  • I bought two in expectation of purchasing of two cars last week, but I don't need a second set. This is a full front protection durable leather grain vinyl microperforated material specifically design for Camry 2007 LE/XLE etc. (except SE). If you interested, send me e-mail to grachevi@hotmail.com
  • dddaledddale Posts: 11
    I inherit a 98 Camry from my aunt as I just got my licence.

The car is with 116K on but run great. I love that car but there are scraches on the body. In order to prevent rusty and make it look prettier, I want to match paint color and try to spray and cover them. Can I do it myself? How to match the paint color -- order it from dealer or thru hardware store/body shop. It is green(dark/forest green)

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
  • I got some rain-x for my winshield and accidently got some on my car paint. I wiped it off but is there anything else I need to do to protect the paint. I had waxed the car just before using the rainx so maybe that'll protect the paint.

Thanks,
    Chris
This discussion has been closed.