Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2003 Toyota Camry Exterior

Comments

• ctlctl Posts: 122
    mine went out (didn't know there is a console warning light for that also), it is the bulb on the side of the car. I suppose there is no need to change the whole assembly? anyone got experience changing the bulb? where to buy it? thanks.
  • I'm trying to find a good source for a new set of aftermarket taillights and headlights for my '00 Solara. The OEM tail lights are annoying and time to get rid of them. I have seen a few Euro-styles on eBay and probably will go that way. I also saw some nice new headlight assemblies for the '04 on ebay somewhere and was hoping to find a simular product for the '00 models.

Anyone know of a good source for either?

I also want to locate a aftermarket bolt-on-replacement grill for the same car. My original grill started peeling about 6-months after I bought the car and the dealer was doing their usual 'sorry about your luck' or 'you expect too much' routines.
  • meegwellmeegwell Posts: 67
    Toyota has apparently pulled this item because of customer complaints -- something to do w/ the brackets.

They may have a redesigned unit back on the shelves down the road a piece.

Meegwell
  • lpaeslpaes Posts: 17
    Hello All:

Where I can find door edge guards for 2007 camry ?
    Once I get them, i can probably install them myself -
    anyone know what dealers charge for this ? is there a cheaper alternative ?

Thanks.
  • 210delray210delray Posts: 4,722
    You can find aftermarket door edge guards at auto parts stores. You cut them to the length you want. They have adhesive inside and you just install them along the door edge -- the outside temp has to be above 70 degrees or so for the adhesive to set properly.
  • bigkwalbigkwal Posts: 1
    This is my first convertible an I'm a certified car nut, but no nothing about the care of cleaning an preserving the cloth top.
    What can I use to keep it clean an protected.
    And the boot is a royal pain to put on, along with the cowl shake. Help.
  • jennifer20jennifer20 Posts: 1
    My 98 camry was in an accident last week, the accident was my fault and I only have liability insurance so I will have to pay out of pocket. I need to get an estimate but I was wondering if anyone had any idea how much a new hood costs (on average)? My hood was smashed so I will need to get a new one. Thanks!!
  • lmacmillmacmil Posts: 1,756
    Call your local junk yard. You don't want to pay for a new one, I'm sure. In fact, even if you had insurance, most insurance companies will only pay for used parts on a car over 5 years old.
  • ray_h1ray_h1 Posts: 1,134
    You're right, but used outer body panels in good, rust-free condition often go for as much as brand new parts. At 8 years and counting, jennifer20 may have to ante up for whatever's available at whatever price the seller demands.
  • rarnettrarnett Posts: 1
    Mopar/Dodge sells a "Viper cloth top cleaner/conditioner" concentrate that's the best for cloth tops. Not cheap, but what you need.
  • rexy5893rexy5893 Posts: 20
    Hopefully this will help you. Also, our dealer said you can do it yourself a lot cheaper.

http://www.toyotapartsstore.com/default.php?cPath=2_190&osCsid=51202846838769c77- - 9a776d7f0b33887
  • I have a 1998 toyota camry the passenger door does not open from outside however it does open from inside? Has anyone ever faced this issue and if yes how did you fix it?
    Is there a internal spring that needs to be replaced?
  • mphasakmphasak Posts: 2
    It happened to mine too. I searched the web for the problem, and found someone who fixed it on i think a 96 camry. Basically the plastic joint that connects the handle to the rod that unlatches the door had cracked (why was this thing made of plastic???). If you take the inner door panel off and then remove the plastic inside, you'll see what i'm talking abt. I tied them back together with copper electrical wire.

Search the web for the symptom and see if you find the site i'm talking about. if not, send me an email and i'll see if i can't find it. if anyone else knows of a door removal howto, that is the only tricky part -- finding all the screws, etc.
  • Hi mphasak,
    Thank you for replying to this post.
    I did try to search the web however did not get much information.Can you please lemme know how you did it...its kinda annoying to get in the car to open the passenger side..
    Thanks,
  • mphasakmphasak Posts: 2
    here ya go:

http://autorepair.about.com/od/otherodddiyjobs/l/aa092504a.htm

about.com always amazes me. these are the instructions i followed to open the panel. on page 4 in the second picture, the part labelled "5" is the thing that was cracked on mine. so instead of actually removing the door handle, i just follewed her directions to the pt. where i could get at that piece, see with my hands how it fit together with the pull rod, and then pull the piece out and tie the rod to the handle with wire such that pulling on the handle made the rod come up reliably. hope i did a good enough job that i don't have to go back in is all i can say.

note: if you want to replace it with a toyota part instead of a homemade hack, get the part first so you don't have to open the panel more than once.

hope this helps
  • gefiltegefilte Posts: 21
    let them crawl in through the window like nascar drivers. my passengers love it ;)
  • slepposleppo Posts: 1
    I would like to protect my investment and do not want to put on the typical black leather bra for the front end of my car. I have been researching a "clear bra" made by 3M among others. Does anyone have any info on these? Cost?
  • mphasak,
    Thank you very much!!!
    Will try this...
    BTW does about.com have a DIY for doing the rear brakes of a toyota camry too?
    Thanks
  • mls89mls89 Posts: 2
    I spilled gallon of water on the rear area of floor behind driver seat. Suddenly security system went on and horn blows when I drived. I read manual how to reset security system but no help. I sucked water and dried area but periodically horn on when car on parking and doors locked. The 'door open' light now constantly on. I know I spoiled my lovely camry. Any thoughts how to fix it?
    Regards,
    Mike
This discussion has been closed.