Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Camry Fuse and Electrical Questions

smith2smith2 Posts: 1
All 4 windows on a 1988 Camry have quit at the same time. We can't find a blown fuse but we are not positive as to the fuse location, maybe we missed it

Anyone have a helpful thought?

Comments

• hank2hank2 Posts: 75
    Not sure, but you might try the driver's kick panel - a small fuse panel under a cover.

I don't know the which one or if that is even correct.

FWIW,

-hank2
  • peter panpeter pan Posts: 75
    If all 4 power windows are blown at the same time, it must be the blown fuse for power windows.

The fuses for power windows in Camry is in a panel at the left knee of the driver. There should be a chart of which fuse is which on the cover of the panel. Replace the fuse and the windows should work agian.
  • Other posts have been ignored. Please help. New 2004 camry xle. Low fuel indicator light does not even flicker, even though I drove down to a refill of 15.6 gal on the 18.5 gallon tank. Is it possible that this light is not active on the xle because of the information center which gives fuel range? If not, is there a fuse for only this function, since all other functions seem to work?
    Anyone seen this problem before?
    Thanks in advance.
  • When you start the car, does the light come on at all? If not, I would guess that it is redundant due to the info center you mention.
    Also, is there mention of this light in the owner's manual? It might say something, then have a note to disregard of you have the XLE or something along those lines. Manuals are generic for the model with specifics for trim lines/levels/options.

I have an 03 LE but never ran it down past 3/8...

Deke
  • Deke:
    Thanks for the reply. The owner's manual mentions the light, but the manual is the same for LE or XLE, so we can't depend on that. The XLE specs refer to the low fuel indicator light, which is why I suspect it should work. The light does not come on when the key is in the on position, but neither does my 95 camry, and it's light has always worked. All I need is for anyone with an 04 xle to tell me if their light works. Can someone out there respond??
  • scotttscottt Posts: 4
    Odd, but I have a 2004 Highlander and its low fuel indicator comes on at about 17-gallons-gone. Do not know if that helps, but the Highlander ha the Camry chasis, engine and drive train and same fuel capacity.
  • Hello everyone. Has anyone ever permanently fixed the malfunctioning turn signal problem by replacing the whole bulb socket wiring assembly? Is this possible. I want to completely fix this problem. I have done all the other solutions but of course they only work for a little while. Thanks Bob

99 Camry V6
  • Hi all. I have a 1990 Camry, love it, 314,000 miles and running strong. Recently my electric windows and door locks quit working, I assume it is a blown fuse, but after pulling every fuse (I think) none of them were blown. And on the fuse covers I see nothing about power windows or door locks. Anyone tell me what I am missing here? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
  • yazyazooyazyazoo Posts: 20
    I have a 99 Camry. My dome light has gone out and I replaced the bulb. However this doesn't seem to have corrected the problem. The fuse looks fine and can't see anything else that could be wrong. Any suggestions or what could be wrong. It isn't nice coming into a dark car at night.
  • bildowbildow Posts: 100
    Check your door switch and make sure it's working it turns on and off the dome light.
    The light never comes on. So pushing the switch makes no difference. If I open one or all doors the light doesnt work.
  • user777user777 Posts: 3,341
    ever replace a burnt-out lightbulb in your house with a brand new bulb which also turns out to be bad? it happens.

if you had a volt/ohm/amp multi-meter (Radio Shack, Home Depot, or Lowes), you could see if you are getting 12V at the fixture, and/or if the bulb's filament is good.

can you turn the switch on the interior dome light from OFF or DOOR to ON? ;)
  • bildowbildow Posts: 100
    I agree with the idea of getting a volt meter and checking the bulb socket put the positive (red) probe to the center of the bulb socket and the (black) probe to the outside or ground if you are not 12vdc reading from the socket then if you are able to check the fuse from one side to get a 12 vdc reading if not your best bet is an shop that works only on auto electrical they can usually find the problem. Good Luck :shades:
  • wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    Has anyone yet seen anything indicating that this poster knows about the "DOOR/OFF/ON" switch?
    Yes I do know about that switch! Tried it. No go
  • cballcball Posts: 2
    I have a 2000 toyota camry xle and one day right after an oil change three strange electrical problems appeared. The remote for the car alarm stopped working, the interior clock appears dim and always resets to 1:00, and the interior dome light doesn't work either. I checked the fuse box under the steering column which was fine, then I proceeded to check the fuses under the hood. I found one that was blown and it corresponded to the dome light. I thought it was going to be an easy fix, but the second I tried to put a new fuse in it, it blew. Has anyone got any suggestions to this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  • kiawahkiawah Posts: 3,666
    You have to isolate what is on that circuit, which is causing a short and blowing the fuse. First, try taking the bulb out of domelight....it's a long shot, but easy to try. If that doesn't work, you're going to have to look up the electrical schematics (or perhaps the manual) to see what all is on that circuit, it certainly would be more than a single dome light. Unplug as many devices as you can, and then put a new fuse in. Hopefully if you've disconnected enough, you would have disconnected the failing device. Start plugging the items back in one by one, until you find the device that blows the fuse again. You will now have isolated the problem, and you'll have to then fix and/or replace the problem device.

Here's a 2002 electrical schematic, which may be different than yours, but may be a reasonable reference.

http://oregonstate.edu/~tongt/camry/Overall_Electrical_Wiring_Diagram.pdf
  • cballcball Posts: 2
    Thanks alot for your advice, I am going to try all that right now. The wiring diagram you attached should be considerably helpful as well.
  • jloachjloach Posts: 3
    I also have a 99 Camry and the interior light is out. I checked the bulb with a meter (bulb is good.) I verified operation of the ON/OFF/DOOR switch with a meter (also good.) Then I checked for 12v at the wires (not good.) So I figured a blown fuse, but I've checked every fuse and can't find a blown one! Also it would be hard to believe the interior light is on it's own fuse and that appears to be the only thing in the car that doesn't work? Have you found a solution for your dome light not working?
  • jloachjloach Posts: 3
    Found the problem after checking out the schematics. The service shop had just replaced the integration relay, when they put everything back, they forgot to connect one of the plugs. Happened to be the one to the dome light. Problem solved.