Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Camry Fuse and Electrical Questions

Comments

• kiawahkiawah Posts: 3,666
    check your mailbox, see button upper right corner.
  • Thanks for the helpful brochure. It looks like I need to replace the 30V POWER fuse A(b) in the Junction Block Sec. 1 p.BE 10. In the Toyota Camry Wagon, Junction Block Sec. 1 only has the left side of the rear view and not the right side where I need to replace the fuse. This is inside the car on the left side of the dashboard. Am I missing something?
    look behind the ashtray to get the other side
  • I removed the ashtray and there's nothing behind it. Junc. Block 1 is on the left side og the dash and only has the 12 fuse slots, with a femaile plug slot to the right that is empty.
  • eilroseilros Posts: 35
    Lots of good info here.

I just bought my first Toyota ('93 Camry LE) yesterday and am having a problem with the driver's side power window. All of the windows worked when I test drove it but when I got home, the driver's window wouldn't go all of the way back up. I could completely open it but it would only go back up about 3". That happened a couple of times and then it stopped going up at all. It's stuck completely open. The three other windows work fine though. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix that?

It's probably covered in previous threads so if I have time I'll read through them today when (if) I get time. If anyone has a quick and easy fix, please reply.

Thanks,
    Dave
    Suspect a problem with the track, motor mechanism, or possibly the switch. You'll need to take your door apart to trouble shoot this further.
  • eilroseilros Posts: 35
    Thanks kiawah. I don't hear any sounds when I try to roll up the window. Does that give me a clue as to what might be wrong? I'm a noob when it comes to fixing automotive stuff so forgive me if my questions are stupid.

Feel free to email me at davesorlie2@gmail.com with any suggestions.

Thanks,
    dave
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Let's ask people to respond to you here rather than by email. That way the information is available to others now and in the future. :-)

Also, just fyi, I saw where you said you would read through the posts if you had time. There's a search function for each individual discussion and also a search at the group level which will make your quest far easier! ;)
  • mr_emr_e Posts: 1
    I'm totally new at this, but I was wondering how do I go about extracting the 100A fuse that's on the mainboard for the 97 camry? Do I just pull it out because I'm having some trouble doing that.
  • There should be a white platic tweezer-like tool located in the Junction Block 2 fuse box located under the hood on the driver's side. It's clipped under the fusebox cover. It allows you to clip and pull out fuses. If you don't have it, a pair of needle nose plyers work, as well. Just be gentle.
    The 100Amp'er is harder to get out. Read this forum up earlier, think it's post #127.
    Thanks kiawah. I don't hear any sounds when I try to roll up the window. Does that give me a clue as to what might be wrong? I'm a noob when it comes to fixing automotive stuff so forgive me if my questions are stupid

You'll need to get into the door, and see what's going on. At this point you really don't know whether:
    - switch and motor good, but window is binding in track or off track
    - switch is good, window able to move easily, motor is bad
    - switch is bad
  • Hi,

I am having the same problem. The power outlet is working but not cigratte lighter,clock as well as side mirrors. I have replaced the 15A cigarete fuse and I noticed one thing the fuse is blowing out continously. Whatever the new fuse i am inserting it is getting short circuit and blowing out again and again. I am not able to figure it out what is the cause.

Thanks,

Vishal
    Check the connections to the devices for a short in lighter, mirror switch, or clock. You're going to have to get behind each of those and unplug them one by one to see what eliminates the short.
  • Hi,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I am suspecting the short in lighter because I was using the car vaccum from this outlet and suddelny it went off. Can you suggest me how to open the cigrate lighter hood.Also do I need to start looking from the cigratte lighter end or from the fuse end?

Thanks,

Vishal
    I'd start at the device end of the wiring, and at the lighter. Get to the back of the lighter and disconnect the wiring from it.
  • Thanks again,

Is it really easy to open the cigratte lighter assembly and look for the wires or the car needs to be repaired by some tech.

Thanks
  • One day my 1990 camry's gas gauge stopped working. The next day the temperature gauge stopped working. (They are on the same gauge, each on taking up half the circle) I checked all the fuses I could find- the ones under the hood, and the ones at the drivers left foot and could not find a blown fuse. I was wondering if anyone knows whats up or knows where to get a diargram of the fuses.

I guess while I'm at it I'll ask another question. Does anyone know if I REALLY have to take my car in to the dealership after my friend hit the emergency exit switch? My automatic seatbelts will no longer come down Thanks for any help.

Theo
    There is a common 7.5Amp "Gauge" fuse, which powers water temp light, check engine light, oil temp light, fuel light, fuel gauge, tach, brake indicator, etc.
  • I own a 03 4-cylinder Camry. My battery is still going strong, just like 4 and half years before. I just wondering now long can batteries last? I am planing to have a trip from Alabama to Atlanta GA and to New Orleans LA. The temperature is not cold in the southeast. Should I get a new battery before the trip? If I need to replace the battery where should I get it and what brand should I get? What are the factors of selecting a battery? Except looking at the batterey life indicator( the one shows red or green), how can I determine the battery performance.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or opinions.