Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Camry Fuse and Electrical Questions

1515253545557»

Comments

• I have a 2000 Camry CE that is not getting any power anywhere. I have had the battery tested and charged. Its cold crank is 750. The door bell will chime when key is in the ignition. Is this a fuse issue or something else?
  • camry002camry002 Posts: 9
    We had similar prob. with 2002 Camry. (The jump battery charge would last for 4-5 weeks and then suddenly not start in the morning.) After having battery jumped twice by Triple A service, we decided to try disconnecting the battery and substituting it with a battery that we knew worked. Voila!!!

It seems that after a battery is jumped with cables and then driven a distance, it has enough charge back in it to produce a suitable readout at a battery place. :confuse:

Just a thought that you may want to try this before spending your $'s on troubleshooting it at a dealership, etc. Ultimately it was determined we had a battery with a bad cell in it (fairly unusual I guess) but got it replaced under warranty and only paid small pro-rated amount towards a new battery. Our battery was 2 1/2 yrs old and we live in the cold Midwest. GOOD LUCK.
  • I had the battery checked and it is working fine. I also went ahead and replaced the battery cable too. I check the alternator to see if it was draining the battery and it check out good as well. I really feel as if the power from the battery isnt being distributed.

I cant figure out where to troubleshoot that problem. I looked at all the fuses under the hood and they appear fine. Could it be a relay problem?
  • erie61erie61 Posts: 1
    2005 Toyota Camry - ABS, Air Bag Light came on, then went off, then clock and speedometer went off, then came back on, then battery light and check engine light came on.. when car is stopped (engine running) they go off, then while driving they come back on. Car runs fine, all brake lights, turning signals are good. Began w/cd jumping, then radio jumping, then periodic dash lights.. Anyone have this problem? Dealership says they have never heard or seen this problem. Do not want it repaired at dealership, if possible.
  • Hi Erie,

It sounds like there's a loose connection at the battery or at fuse box. It could also be your car has a bad alternator that is not charging properly. Check those three.
  • bratqbratq Posts: 1
    I have Camry 2010. Recently several devices (GPS, mp3 player, bluetooth earpiece) I used to charge only in the car had died. All this happened within one week. In the meantime I noticed that my cell is not charging anymore while plugged to power outlet in the car. It doesn't look like coincidence?

I am wondering if the fault can be on power outlet side. Is there a way to verify that?
    Thanks
  • MrShift@EdmundsMrShift@Edmunds Posts: 43,659
    Power outlets are susceptible to damage because they are forced to accept all kinds of aftermarket charging plugs, some of which may be just a mite too large or too small to work properly, and some of which, when extracted, actually tug on the power supply socket and work the wire loose behind the console mounting.
  • baltomojoebaltomojoe Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    1996 Camry 5S-FE Engine Manual Trans.
    I just bought this car, and it had the old cluster in the trunk with the circuit paper on the back showing 2 burnt circuits, the replaced cluster wasn't working, when I removed the replaced one to insert another used one, I found the same 2 cicuits were burnt. The Speedo, Tach, Fuel Gauge don't work, lights are fine, engine temp gauge works. The plug that goes into the back of cluster where the circuits are burned is blue, plugs into the right side(left if you take it out and looking at the back). Wires are as follows...Black, Green, empty, empty, Orange, Yellow/Redstripe, Yellow, space, Brown, Green/Black stripe, Purple/Yellow stripe, White/Black stripe, Green/Yellow stripe, empty. The burnt circuits are on the Brown, and Green/Black wires.

What are these wires to, and how do I test them to see why they are shorting out my instruments. I don't want to install the next cluster panel until I know it won't burn it out.

Thanks, I have pics, but not sure how,or if I can post them, can e mail if thats allowed
    Joe