Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Camry Fuse and Electrical Questions

Comments

• patpat Posts: 10,421
    Kiawah, thank you so much for taking the time to be so helpful. I'm sure your posts are useful to lots of people in our community. :)
  • hey guys i have a 2001 camry 4 cyl. and i just put a new battery in the car and about 2 weeks ago everytime i hit my brake pedal all my lights dim this includes hedlights all interior light even the little light that lightes up the miles meter its digital so as i hit the brake pedal light dim but with the brake pedal pressed it goes back its almost like there is a short somewhere i am going to check my bulbs and the alternator but does anyone else have any ideas what could be causing this thanks alot. :( :mad:
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 44,413
    bad ground connection on negative battery terminal?

• My Toyota Camry 98 stopped reading the temperature and tachometer stopped as well. Does any one know where the relay of the windows and the fuse for the tachometer. Thanks in Advance.
  • My Toyota Camry 98 stopped reading the temperature and tachometer stopped as well. Does any one know where the relay of the windows and the fuse for the tachometer. Thanks in Advance.
  • kiawahkiawah Posts: 3,666
    I believe the Tach, Fuel, and Temp Gauge all use the same 10A fuse, which is down under the dash in the Instrument Panel JuntionBlock #1, by drivers knee.
  • hey guy i have a 2001 camry i went to get the emission and i did not pass the guy told me if i have recently disconnected my battery i told him yes and then he told me that i reset the computer its been 2 days me driving it and i told it back it still did not pass it. does anyone know the drive cycle for 2001 camry. i need to pass soon i took it to the shop and there is nothing wrong :confuse:
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    They are having a similar conversation about a Sonata here: bill304, "Those Dreadful State Vehicle Inspections" #4, 7 Feb 2007 1:01 pm. I don't know whether someone reading there might be able to help, but it's worth a try while you're waiting here.

Let us know how it goes.
  • The Toyota Camry 2001 needs to run at least 50 miles in order for the computer to go back to normal and the rpm needs to go over 3 when driving.
  • HEY AGAIN ABOUT RUNNING THE CAR FOR 50 MILES AND RMP GOING OVER 3 I DID THAT I DROVE THE CAR ABOUT 600 MILES ALREADY AND IT IS STILL NOT READY
  • Hi, I have a 95 Camry. While trying to remove the tape attached by me, I pulled out both wires from the front left indicator, at that time my car was running. Because I pulled out both of them, it short circuit and blown the fuse, I guess. May I know where the fuse is located for this and what amps required?. Thanks in advance. -Uma
    For a 1995 (Generation 3 Camry), the turn signal fuse is in Junction Block#1 (under the dash drivers side), in fuse slot#6, and is a 7.5Amp fuse.

Good luck.
  • Thanks a lot Kiawah
    You're welcome
  • ajvajv Posts: 8
    Ok.... docholiday2 ...I am in the same soup.. I opened the fuse panel and now I am trying to reach the ALT 100A fuse from under, but in vain... I am at lost to know how to open the plastic cover underneath (without breaking it) to even reach the bolt or screw or whatever it is, :sick: any ideas?
  • Even I was having the same confusion, then found the fuses are in the back side of the left side astray box. You can easily remove the astray box. And I guess, they should have some spare fuses adjacent to the other fuses and they have the table to indicate them on the backside of astray box. Best of luck.
  • Glad I can put some of experience to work. Just by luck, I tried to pull the blue 100 amp fuse out. DONT TRY THIS. This is a bolt on fuse, as is the ABS 60 amp. The relay box has to come off. There are 2 bolts holding it on. There is also an upper and lower sealing case that have to come off. There isn't alot of wire so there isn't alot of play. If your careful, the box can be inverted and there are smallclips that allow the fuse to be pushed through, not up. The two bolts, in my case where on TIGHT. Needed a socket to get them off. Just reverse the procedure and good luck.
  • Sorry bud.....I've been away for a while. I DID take the car to Toyota. I explained what happened to the instrument panel when the 100 amp fuse blew. They said, since the speeometer went from 60-0 in a matter of a second, the sensor interpreted it as a collision. hence, the light stays on indicating that the air bags are disabled. I will try the code idea. Thank you sir. OH, by the way, you were correct. When I saw the Air Bag light I went to the 60 amp fuse and assumed ABS = Air Bag Sensor (duh). Have a good day.
  • The bottom cover snaps off via two pins at the REAR of the relay box then the front should just slide off. There is a gap in the lower cover to allow for the wiring harness to pass. There are two small clips that hold the fuse in. I found a small flat screwdriver worked fine. Once the fuse releases just undo the bolt and replace. Good luck.
  • Both power outlets/cigarette lighters doesn't work in my 04 Camry. The one inside the middle storage compartment stop working first & then the one under the radio stopped working. First I noticed cell charger was charging phone then a few days later my radar detector wasn't working. I replaced the fuse but to no avail. Any suggestions...I read other posts about similar issues but those didn't help....