Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Camry Fuse and Electrical Questions

Comments

• patpat Posts: 10,421
    Great information, kiawah. You might think about adding a CarSpace Guide on the door disassembly as well. Folks who wouldn't know to look at your album would more likely check in that area.

You make some really great contributions to our discussions, by the way. Thank you! It's very much appreciated. :)
  • ryan99ryan99 Posts: 46
    Wow! thats just what i needed and more than I would have asked for...thanks alot...I always find good help here...
  • dugan00dugan00 Posts: 2
    I have a 1992 Toyota Camry with 210,000 miles on it and the clock works very intermittently. For the last month or so, the lighting surrounding the environmental controls doesn't work. I was wondering if this was caused by a bad fuse, or is it something else?

Thanks.
  • truckerstruckers Posts: 1
    Hello newfoldenkid could you please send me a copy of the position of the fuse box and fuse for the windows.
    My son in law has a Camry estate 2.2lt 1993 he can not close the moon roof or work the windows or door locks its a right hand drive.
    acording to the camry manual the fuse is listed as a 30amp fuse instrument panel. fuse number 34.
    He has tried but can not find it?.
    its listed as a type b fuse have you got any ideas
    please.
    truckers
  • johnnyd1johnnyd1 Posts: 1
    I have a 2002 Toyota Camry with the automatic temperature control feature. The light for the A/C button on the control in the dashboard has gone out. Does anyone know if this is easy to replace? Are there any schematics available? The dealer wants almost $200 to replace the bulb or bulbs.

Thanks.
  • uhaul2uhaul2 Posts: 1
    Similar problem with '96 Camry. Various lights on dash/blinkers flash with accompanied clicking noise. Car won't start. Changed battery. No luck. Please help!
  • kiawahkiawah Posts: 3,666
    There's a couple things I'd suggest. First, it's always good to make sure that your battery and alternator are stable and putting out the necessary power (under load). Almost all of the parts supply stores (Pep Boys, AutoZone, etc) will hook up your car to a tester and validate that both of these critical components are performing. Make sure there isn't any corrosion around the battery connections.

Secondly, I'd then check 3 main fuses in this vehicle. Under the hood on the left front fender wall there are two fuses. Alt-H is a 100Amp fusible link, and AM2 is a 30Amp fuse. Check for battery voltage at both sides of these fuses when you are having the failing condition. You should have 13+Volts with a voltmeter. The third fuse AM1 is a 40Amp fuse inside the car by the drivers left knee.

Let me know how your battery and alternator checks out, and whether any of these voltages aren't correct.
  • riahsmomriahsmom Posts: 1
    The interior lights (dome and below glove box) have stopped working in my 97 Camry. I checked the corresponding fuse under the hood and it appears to still be intact. Would there be another cause for the lights to not work?

Thanks.
    You should also check:
    - the fusible link, which is in JunctionBox#2, under the hood, on the inside of the left front fender, kind of behind the left headlight.
    - the 7.5 Amp fuse, which you've said you have checked. You might consider replacing/swapping it anyhow if you are not absolutely certain it is okay.
    - the integration relay, which is inside the car down by the drivers left knee.
  • windirwindir Posts: 1
    How do i pull the 100A fuse that is next the battery..the car is a 96 camry. the car isnt getting any power at all and i figure the blown fuse would be a good reason for the problem. i tried pulling on it but it wont come out.. thanks in advance.
    check post 127
  • ashleyrmashleyrm Posts: 2
    Kiawah - I am having the same problem with my son's 1995 camry. In your post, it says that the M-fuse is on Junction Block #1 under the dash. Is Junction Block #1 located to the left of the steering wheel behind the ashtray? If so, I found that, but I can't figure out which fuse is the M-fuse. Any hints?

Thanks
    Gen3-JunctionBoxLocation_Power-M Fuse

FuseView

Check the 30Amp Power Fuse, upper right corner

Let us know how you make out...thanks
  • ashleyrmashleyrm Posts: 2
    Thanks for the reply. The fuse was blown. Replaced it, but as soon as we tried to use the windows, it blew again. Likely beyond my ability to fix, so I guess I'll be taking it in for repair.
  • briscoe11briscoe11 Posts: 1
    I have had no power from the driver side control to the back right window for a year or so. This weekend I lost power to most of the buttons on the radio display and the right back turn light (the bulb looked ok, but I plan to replace it). The CD and tape players will still play and the volume knob adjusts sound, but I can't get AM, FM, skip tracks, etc. Do I need a new battery? Possible wiring issues?
    Hard to say, sounds like you've got a number of weird things happening. You're about at the useful life of a battery, so it is conceivable that your battery is going bad. However, when a battery goes bad you would normally start experiencing a problem with starting, when the highest current drain is on the battery.

A prudent thing to do is to take your vehicle to an autoparts store (AutoZone, PepBoys, etc), as they all do a free battery and alternator check for you. They'll test the vehicle under load, to see that the battery and alternator are working. They may also notice whether you have any corrosion on the battery terminals.

Once you are sure that you have clean power, you can then begin solving the other problems (if they still exist)
  • jalex2300jalex2300 Posts: 1
    The story begins with my girl letting her brother borrow her car only to get bumped from behind resulting in her horn to stop working. Any idea where the horn is and why would it have this effect???
  • tattmanntattmann Posts: 4
    Hi all, I am needing a little help here. I bought my daughter an 89 camry. The thing developed a major electrical problem. I went out to start it up and move it the other day, and it had no power at all. I had just put a brand new battery in it. I checked, and the battery was drained completely dead. I think the key was left on. Anyway, I re-charged it, it is full, when I open the door, the buzzer chimes. I turn the key on, and .... dead. Nothing. After a couple of minutes, the door chime will begin to chime again, but as soon as I turn the key, dead again. Well, I went through and cleaned the battery cable connections very well, and checked them with a multimeter. It is getting power to the starter. (larger cable) I checked all the fuses, and fuse links I could find. They all showed perfect continuity. None were blown. Still, no power. I was under the hood, scratching my head, when I heard a relay type click. and suddenly it had power. Until I turned the key again. Someone please give me a place to check? I am brainfried here, and have very little time to hit and miss checking it out. Thanks in advance, Mike.
  • bunybuny Posts: 2
    Hello Mike
    Check for a defective relay under the dash on the driver side. Had almost the same problem on our 2007 Camry. I could start the car but had no power to the shift lock,windows,heater fan,wipers etc. It was a realy cold day.
    Dealer told me this relay causes problems in cold(-20C)weather and replacd it this spring with a re-designed one. Have also heard about loss of electric power in hot weather.
    Your relay might be just worn out.
    HJU