Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Camry Interior

Comments

• myra1myra1 Posts: 1
    I was trying to figure out how to change the gage lights to my 2000 solara and found out that it is a little more complicated than I thought. Actually, I don't even know if it is the light bulb that needs to be changed or a color plate. Also, I am on my second Solara (Have had both a 4cyl and a 6) and noticed that the gas mileage is not that good. Anyone else noticed this? If anyone knows anything about the dash lights, it would be greatly appreciated!
  • jdeibjdeib Posts: 70
    A few years back, I saw someone's website that showed how he converted his dash lights ton a 2002 Camry SE to be a different color. It was quite involved, and this person was quite creative in how he solved it. I think I bookmarked that page, but if I did, it is on the computer in my office. If I have it, I will post the link tomorrow.

Good luck.
  • ajnyajny Posts: 6
    I have a LE w/ Side airbags. The Salesman told me that the dealer (or I ) can not install (leather) seat covers, since the seats have side air bags in them. Is this true ?
  • 210delray210delray Posts: 4,722
    This is true -- see your owner's manual. The seat-mounted side airbags are designed to deploy through the existing seat upholstery. If you change or cover the upholstery, the airbags will not deploy properly. Any modifications should only be done by a Toyota dealer, and for liability reasons, I doubt any dealer would go ahead.
  • riperriper Posts: 1
    This is the first time I have had the dark gauge cover on a car 2005 Camry. All other gauge covers have been clear and I clean them with plastic polish and soft cloth when they get covered with dust etc. I have never had any scratches.

The dark/black plastic I assume would be cleaned the same way. I can really see a lot of dust on the cover after 2 weeks of ownership
  • 2000er2000er Posts: 2
    Hi all,
    I have a 2000 camry le with about 63k miles in it. I got the car at abt 48k miles one and half years ago. In that period the rear seat rarely got used. But when it was used recently, one of the rear seat belts got extended and does not retract. Is that a common problem and could it be fixed easily.
    Do I have to go to a mechanic? and how much does it usually cost?
    Any thoughts and suggestions appreciated.
    Thanks
  • loucapriloucapri Posts: 214
    try to pull the seat belt all the way out, (pull as far as it can go) then slowly release it, it should retrack to normal position.

(if you pull it while retracking, it should lock in place)
  • sn1ckosn1cko Posts: 9
    I have an '02 Camry LE V6, and as with everyone else's Camry, the only light which goes on when the doors are open is the little dome light on the ceiling. I wanted to know if anyone has installed some additional lights under the dash (foot area) to turn on/off with the dome light. Also, where does the dome light wiring end?
  • The interior dome light bulb in my 99 Camry burned out. There is no obvious way to get the plastic cover over the bulb off. I'm scared that I'll break the plastic cover if I force it off. Anyone have any advice on changing the dome light bulb?
  • haefrhaefr Posts: 600
    What does your owner's manual instruct about changing out the dome lamp bulb? ;)
  • uppaluppal Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I have the same problem with my Camry 2000 xle v6 where the rear seat belt(only the left rear seat belt, rest are fine) does not retract back. Its pulled all out and does not go back. I tried to pull more and see if it retracted back but it did not. Pls. advise me how I can get this problem resolved myself and not go to expensive dealers to rectify this problem.

cheers
    Tarun
  • cam2003cam2003 Posts: 131
    Do you notice any big play on driver's seat (non_power one) for Gen 5 Camry ?

I have 0.5 to 1" moment while I tried to shake the headrest.

I know there was TSB this issue for power seat.
  • jdunkinsjdunkins Posts: 1
    Does anyone know the procedure for replacing the bulb or bulbs which illuminate the dash instrument panel on a 1995 Camry? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
  • marc781marc781 Posts: 25
    Really solaraman you like the cloth? Maybe we can swap seats lol.
    I have the cloth and they are squishy and cushy, too cushy for me. Like an easy chair or even more soft. They are also not easy to keep clean.
    I like the leather seats in my wive solara. More firm but yes, sometimes hot or cold. But they dont absorb stains and easy to keep up. And her interior is black and a lot nicer to me, less glare or something. Oh well.
  • bperricobperrico Posts: 13
    I cannot see the clock on my car at this time. all other instruments light but not the clock I check the fuse box area but it does not show anything for clock fuse. does anyone have any other suggestions the only thing I can think of is the led lights went out on the clock for some reason. Thanks
  • ann17ann17 Posts: 1
    I am also having trouble trying to figure out how to replace the interior light bulb. I only see a tiny space to maybe put a small screwdriver in to pop it open, but am afraid of breaking the cover. Did you find out how to do it? Thank you for any help.
  • jodar96jodar96 Posts: 396
    You have to put a small flat blade screw driver in there to pry it open. You won't crack it. The bulb in my wife's RX300 (identical to Camry's design) went out twice in 2 years. You will scratch it a little, but won't break it. Just be gentle and use slow but steady force.
  • ray_h1ray_h1 Posts: 1,134
    A single layer thickness of cloth (handkerchief?) wrapped over the screwdriver blade might entirely prevent scratching the lens.
  • jodar96jodar96 Posts: 396
    There is not a whole of space for cloth, duct tape, masking tape over the blade.............
  • Hi,
    I'm looking at a 2002 Camry XLE to purchase, but noticed some play in the driver's power seat.
    I noticed your message #4688 concerning the same thing.
    Did you get any resolution, or, does anyone else know how to resolve this with the dealer. They seem to think there's
    no mechanical problem at all.
    Is this an easy fix?
    Thanks for Anyone's Help