Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Camry Interior

Comments

• cam2003cam2003 Posts: 131
    They did change the rails on my seat but it did not fix the problem.
    For your car with power seat, I believe there waw a TSB about this issue. With 2002 model, your 3 yrs warranty is expired and you have to pay for the fix.

Goodluck.
  • Does anyone know how to change the bulb for my a/c control dash light? It doesnt light up with the rest of the dash board. Thanks
  • How can one replace the dashboard instrument panel light bulbs? This is for a 2000 Camry LE. Dealer said they'd charge $175.
  • Any answers to this question? The owner's manual does not have this information. Neither does toyotaownersonline.com. They only talk of external lights and brake lights.

:confuse:
  • I turned on my car the other day an now my radio, clock, dome light and trunk light do not work. My car run fine other than these problems. Does anyone have any idea what is wrong and can I fix it myself? People keep telling me it's the fuse, but I do not know how to find that. Is it easy to change?
  • lraclrac Posts: 4
    The driver and front passenger door armrests on our 1999 Camry LE are bulging out, causing a gap around the window/lock switch plates. It seems that the foam core has separated from the hard plastic spine in the armrest, and a gap has resulted. I've looked at other '99's and have seen similar problems.

Is anyone aware of a fix for this? (Everything still works fine; its a cosmetic problem but one that really detracts from the look of the interior)

(This was originally posted in 2005 by but had no responses --- I have the same problem and am looking for a solution.)
  • bunobuno Posts: 1
    Hello. Realize this is a little out of time, but- read you message and wondered whether you might know this. The clock, cigarette lighter and radio simultaneously went out in my car. I'm trying to find the fuse box to test the fuse for this. The 95 camry manual says the fuse is in the driver side kick plate fuse box. I looked- found a single fuse and plenty of wires plugged in to a grid. Did you happen to find the fuse you were looking for- if so, was it the kick plate box? I'm still trying to locate the fuse. Feeling sort of dumb, but thanks if you have an idea.
  • 210delray210delray Posts: 4,722
    I would say the only solution is replacement. Obviously, a new one is going to be costly. You could try salvage yards, but finding a good part and in a matching color could be difficult. Plus salvage yards these days seem to be geared to servicing body shops and insurance companies -- the days of pulling your own parts seem numbered. And to top it off, the yard may not allow you to pull off only the armrest; they may want to sell the entire interior door panel.
  • I have the exact same problem. I keep forgetting to ask the dealer to take it off when I go in. They have done this type of thing before for me in the past. I'll try to remember the next time.
  • 1995 Camry - do any of the repair manuals show how to replace the speakers in the front seat doors? I'll buy the manual if someone can point me to it. Thanks.
  • The sunroof on my 2005 Camry SE V6 does not open fully. I'm not sure if this is by design or if there is something wrong with it. When the button is pressed to open it, it retracts maybe 80% and then stops along with the sunroof cover. The cover can go back into the roof completely, but the glass does not retract completely into the roof. Is this normal? I have recently acquired this car so I am unsure of how it operates. It may be in the owners manual however I do not have access to it right now.
  • 210delray210delray Posts: 4,722
    This is normal -- the glass doesn't open all the way. (I have an '04 LE with sunroof.)

As an aside, if you ever have to disconnect or replace the battery (or the "Power No. 1" fuse in the lower left dashboard), follow EXACTLY the procedure for "initializing" the sunroof in your owner's manual once the battery or fuse is reinstalled.

Ask me how I know this!
  • Thanks for the information 210delray.
  • shop4shop4 Posts: 17
    My daughter drives a 1997 Camry XLE with a factory installed sunroof. Last Spring it started leaking on the right side and did a good job of soaking the carpet in both the front and back. I removed the interior moldings and tried to clean out the foward drain. It seemed to work for a few months, but the leak is back. Can you recommend a reputable repair center that will not rip me off? Can you tell me how to fix this. We live on Long Island, NY.
  • terry92270terry92270 Posts: 1,247
    Many newer sunroofs retract partially with an auto stop built in, for safety, both ways.

Try activating the switch manually when it stops, and see if this does the trick. ;)
  • What ever happened to the Red and Blue interiors of cars? Why have auto manufacturers stopped offering those interior colors? The only current car to offer blue interior is the civic hybrid! WHAT HAPPENED?
  • Interior color choices are usually limited to light tan & light grey these days. I personally would like to see more black interiors.
  • but do u know why they no longer offer those colors?
  • Must be based on sales & marketing statistics. The old blue & burgundy plush velour interiors probably wouldn't sell in today's market.

A lot of people want their cars to look like a Lexus or BMW...those cars only come with black, grey, or tan interiors. Also, much easier to mass produce only 2 or 3 interior colors.
  • terry92270terry92270 Posts: 1,247
    The fewer options on interior colors, the more cost effective production is.

Most select lighter interior color, like tan, with greens and reds, and darker colors with black interior. Some colors come with either back or tan/cream.

It is merely a cost measure, not preferences of buyers. It is an option their research showed wouldn't make someone not buy, so it was removed to save money. Check out Mercedes for the four or five interior color options, but then you are paying $70,000 + for it. Sorry allcarscool, but mercedes offers many interior choices. ;)