Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Camry Lighting

92camry92camry Posts: 1
Help. I have a 92 camry that we purchased from a relative. it has the manual but no info on how to adjust the head lights. I have not been able to locate more than one screw and it does not seem to do anything.

Comments

• canoe2canoe2 Posts: 128
    Anyone installed fog lights for 2002-2003 Camry LE ?
  • slov98slov98 Posts: 112
    is it even possible to install fog lights on the 2002/3 camry LE?
  • lok888lok888 Posts: 1,749
    slov98 - I think you can install one. But it is not listed an an accessory for 2002/2003 Camry LE (standard on SE and XLE). But someone sold this for about $250 on ebay. Why don't you check with the folks at your local Toyota dealer or www.camelbacktoyotaparts.com for part number and instruction. They have been very helpful when I was checking with some parts for my 03 Camry SE.

I think you need to buy a separate switch for the lights. The factory switch is located at the turn indicater (near the headlight on/off switch). I don't know how the switch look like. I hope this helps.
  • rev4rev4 Posts: 38
    I pursued fog lights for my 2002 xle and this is what I found. You cannot get factory fog lights to intall on your camry. There is no kit. However, this will intall other brands. I decided against it as it all started to sound complicated and contradictory.....so, depends on how bad you need/want them.
    rev4 - That's what I thought. But the one that I saw on ebay came with wires. I didn't ask the guy for more details because I don't need one.

slov98 - Try the website and ask them everything you need for a fog light kits on SE and XLE, pretending you are replacing the fog light lens assemble, brackets, wires, switch and screws & bolts because of an accident or something. That's properly cost you couple hundreds because you buy them separately. Plus there is no guarantee it will fit. If you are very into it, ask the people in the auto body shop for the 2002-2003 Toyota Camry service manual. You can buy one from your dealer. The manual should tell you what you need and the part number. Well, I think it is just for look. It is nice when they are on. But Toyota is not offering this even as an accessary, same thing with the Highlander (non-Limited) or any base model. After all, why not consider aftermarket fog lights like PIAA.
  • artc1688artc1688 Posts: 7
    I would like to install a HID on my 03' Camry LE.
    Any suggestions?? I am looking for something that requires no modifications... is this doable?

Thanks
    I am sure you have to do some modification for HID. Or you can replace the stock bulbs (9006 = low beam, 9005 = high beam) with the super white (xenon) bulbs by PIAA, Sylvania, MTEC. But be carefully when you choice these bulbs. Always buy the one with the same wattage as the factory recommended like 12V 55W.

If you are interested to switch the rear turn signal bulbs with super white bulb. The spec. for the rear turn signal bulb is 921, same as the tail lights and back up lights. Have fun!
    I have checked the Toyota dealer for fog lights, and it is possible to be installed by dealer.
    There are pre_wires for the fog lights, and I do not think any hardwares are needed. The only difficult part is to replace head light on/off switch and I have no idea how to do it.
    I think the Camry is better look with fog lights instead of plastic covers. Also it would be useful in northern climate (snowing).
    There is not much different in price for factory vs. aftermarket foglights.
    I may consider to have Toyota dealer to install.
  • rev4rev4 Posts: 38
    It might be different in canada, but in the U.S. you can't get factory intalled fog lights. No kit for it. You can get after market.
    Folks - Please tell us if you have any info on Toyota OEM fog lights. My friend wants to install one on his 02 Camry LE. Yes. It is better looking on my Camry SE (also on XLE) instead of plastic covers on LE. Yes. The turn signal indicator must be replaced with the one has fog lights on/off switch.
    I just have made special order from Toyota dealership for fog lights.
    Part numbers are: 81210-AA010 and 81220-AA010. The total cost is about $300 US. It will take approximate 2 days for delivery.
    I will try to figure out how to replace the turn signal handle before ordering the one with fog light switch. If it is too dificult to change, I would leave it for dealer.
    I have installed fog lights by myself. The process for installation was about 30-45 minutes.
    They are working perfectly.
    canoe2 - The fog lights are standard on my Camry SE. But I am interested how you install and necessary parts (with parts numbers) and tools that you have used. So I can show it to my friend who has a 2002 Camry LE. I think the difficult part must be changing the headlight switch.
    This is for 2002/3 LE without fog lights
    Part number:
    - Fog Lights left and right: 81210-AA010 and 81220-AA010

- Turn signal level with fog lights (this part is for car with Auto head light (without DRL)) check with your Toyota dealer: 84140-48020
    - Fog light relay: 90987-02020

Tools:

- Flat head screw driver
    - Philip screw driver

Procedure:
    a) Remove plastic covers: By pushing outer edge, the plastic cover should pop out easily
    b) Wire connection with connector: The wires should be hanging above the fog light openings
    c) Fitting fog lights: Plug connectors to fog lights align with outer edge first then push the inner edge. You should hear a click to confirm the fog light locks in the bumper.
    d) Remove steering plastic housing: There are 2 Phillip screws to secure the housing. They are underneath steering wheel. By turning steering -90deg, the screw on right side can be removed and +90deg on steering wheel, the left screw can be removed.
    There are two pieces of plastic for the housing: top one and bottom one. Use flat head screwdriver, start from left side opening between seam, and try not to make mark on the plastic. The bottom part can be removed for accessing to switch
    e) Change turn signal switch: unplug the connector from level turning switch, pushing down the center switch to disengage its body from the frame, then the switch can be pull out.
    f) Put on relay: Open compartment fuse panel, all the relays are on opposite (back) side of fuse panel. You should see an empty location is for fog light relay (most top right). Plug in the relay for fog lights.
    g) Install fog light switch, now you should be able to see the fog light works
    canoe2 - Thanks for the info. I noticed I have to turn on the headlights in order to get the foglights on. It won't turn on even on only DRL is on.
  • It's interesting to have watched canoe2's installation of fog lights on his Camry step
    by step. Thanks for the info.

Canoe2, can you tell me where did you get the Turn Signal Level with Fog Lights, 84140-48020, and the Fog Light Relay, 90987-02020.
    Anyone know how to change the fog light bulbs on Camry SE? I couldn't reach my hand under the front bumper.
    foundryman: All parts you can get from Toyota dealership. They got my parts within 24 hrs.

lok888: You have to remove the fog light(s) from bumper for changing the light bulb(s). There is a clip on one side of fog light, reach to the clip then squeeze it to disengage fog light assembly from the bumper.
    Thanks. But do I need to jack up the car (front wheels) for better hand position and reach from my hand underneath the front bumper or just reach my hands from the top of the engine compartment?
    You can reach it from top of engine comparment.