Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Camry TSBs and Trouble Codes

2»

Comments

• paulcudlippaulcudlip Posts: 33
    I have tried to search for this TSB to no avail. I remember reading that Toyota had a supplier problem with this item.
    Can anyone provide me with the TSB?
  • penizzlepenizzle Posts: 104
    http://arrc.epnet.com/autoasp/listvec.asp?sid=18167179&uid=s9072919.main.autoref- ctr&mk=TOYOTA&yr=1999&md=CAMRY
    is a site with that info. CLick on your engine type, then on the next screen click on Service Bul. and recalls, on the next screen click on Elect. devices and computers, proms and sensors link. On the next page, there are a few TSB's regarding the o2 sensors(also known as air?fuel sensors). All info is there.
  • eddiecruzeddiecruz Posts: 18
    I recently bought a 2007 Camry SE V6 and have been having the same problem. I feel as through I’m constantly fighting to keep the car straight at speeds of 50+. This is very disappointing to me after all the good reviews on the vehicle that I have been reading. I asked the dealer about it and they said that they need to recreate the problem (some mechanic racing on the freeways with my new car, remember Faris Bulers Day Off?). I’m betting that they will say that this is normal.

Anybody else have this issue?
    :mad:
    It could be something as simple as tire alignment. Or maybe its the tires that you have. Maybe eventually YOTA will put out a TSB with this problem.
  • njeraldnjerald Posts: 688
    There is a TSB!

Mine drives fine but there is a TSB ST005-01, dated 11/16/01, which covers all 2002-2007 models.

It covers the diagnosis of whether it is tires or alignment and procedures to fix. Seems pretty straight forward analysis.
  • paulcudlippaulcudlip Posts: 33
    The link does not work. You have to be a member.
    actually, i'm not a member. Do this. Go to dogpile.com and type in "AARC auto repair" and click search. There will be a link that says Bedford Public Library in Blue letters. Click on that. Then click the arrc link that is on the next page. This will take you to a screen will model year numbers. Select 1999 and the select toyota then click camry then click the model you have. On the next screen click on "Service Bullitins and REcalls" scrool down to the electronis, PROMS, and Sensors link and you will see a couple of TSB's regarding the O2 or air/fuel sensors.
  • Thank you very much for your help. That is exactly what I needed.
  • m27m27 Posts: 1
    1998 Camry 4 cyl auto failed mass inspection today due to trouble codes: po125
    p1135
    engine rpm= 665
    P0125 means there is insuficient coolant temperature for closed loop fuel control(bank 1 sensor 1). The fix to this can be the following: heated oxygen sensor malfunction. Just replace the heated the number 1 oxygen sensor on bank 1 and clear the codes and you are good to go.

P1135 isn't a code. You probably meant P0135, which is also related to the heated oxygen sensor bank 1 sensor 1.
  • swong6swong6 Posts: 9
    Hi Everyone-

I got hold of the new Toyota TSB for the 3rd to 4th gear "flare" however it's only a partial. Can someone who has full privileges to the Tundra web site d/l the newest TSB #TC002-07 with the May 17th 2007 date and email it to me or post it on this site? See below for the partial as taken from the club Lexus Forum:

image">
  • notmybmwnotmybmw Posts: 101
    I go the creepy feeling when my dealer phoned today to book my ECM reflash/update/TSB/fix-the-[non-permissible content removed] WHATEVER, that when he asked me to describe the "exact" problems I was experiencing.......he wanted to cover HIS [non-permissible content removed] and possibly exclude me from eventual warranty coverage, by virtue of being able to say, "Well, he didn't complain about that problem when we fixed all the others.....so THAT one's not covered under warranty."
    Anyone else had this kind of "questioning"? (or at least the same level of paranoia?.....or is it just Performance Toyota of St. Catharines Ontario that has me spooked?)
  • wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    Yes, but not only that, if you're not careful, and sometimes even if you are, your complaint will be entered only as a simple and "polite" request.

Be careful out there, be VERY careful...!!
  • 2003 toyota camry OBD fault code P0420. Old Haines manual states upstream cat effeciency threshold. Does this mean cat bad or possibly pre-cat O2 sensor??
2»
This discussion has been closed.