Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Cobalt Audio Questions

13»

Comments

• I wish to know if it is possible to delete an already programmed radio station. The instruction manual doesn't' seem to go into enough detail about this that I can find.

I have a 2009 Cobalt.

I don't want to override one preprogrammed radio station with another, I want to simply make that radio space blank-with no radio station there-awaiting for me to program something into it at a future time. I want it as it was in the beginning, never having been preset or programmed at all yet-(with the possible exceptions of my stations already programmed in).

I bought the car used and someone elses stations are already on there. I simply want them removed. How do I do this? Thanks.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 18,048
    edited September 2010
    The number of rows of presets is adjustable using the menu option from 1 to 6. I'd set that back to 1 and I would think that would clear the stations in any other rows allocated.

If you're wanting to clear the first row, I'd look for a fuse that is the memory power for the radio. Removing that fuse should clear the memory after a period of time.

However, I would think you would have stations of your own for the 6 slots in the mandatory 1 row of presets. But if you don't, the memory, or keep alive fuse, is the one to find. I have a factory service manual but I'd check the glovebox manual first to find that fuse.

Just removing the radio fuse shouldn't do it. There may be a separate circuit supplying power all the time, even when the key is OFF.
  • Hi and thanks for the reply. You are probably right about the keep alive fuse. I disconnected the regular radio fuse and waited 15 minutes before reinstalling it. All I did was mess the clock and date. The radio stations stayed put.

I did set back to the first row (1) only so I would not have to see the other preset stations and Rows I do not want. Row 1 is all I have and want currently.

Still, the previous owner's radio stations are still there, even if I am not seeing them and I would still like to find a way of clearing them out.

I did not see in my owner's manual anything about a keep live fuse so I don't know where to look for it or even if that option will work.

I hope there is an answer to this problem. Can I contact the radio manufacturer or car manufacturer and ask them? If so, what would be their contact info?

Thanks.
  • personn5personn5 Posts: 2
    So I have a Cobalt, 06 Model I believe (may be 07). Whenever I drive I listen to my iPod, have a cable to connect i to the auxillury port and everything. However, over the past few weeks, the sound from it has been progressively getting worse. Basically, the front speakers sound quiet or like they aren't playing at all, and the music is extremely "off", singers can't be heard, however instruments are just fine. Background noise/instruments in songs picks up very well, but anything verbal is quiet.

Turning on the radio itself, everything works just fine. Sounds like normal, and nothing is wrong. I haven't tried out anything in the CD player just yet, though going to do that soon, but I doubt it'll sound different. So far though, it is just when I hook in my iPod.

I've tried two different sets of cables to hook in the iPod, so its not the cable, may just be the port itself. Is there anything I can do about it without having to replace the entire radio? Would rather have a cheap fix if I could, that still sounds decent.
13»