Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz C-Class Owners: Meet the Members

Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,016
edited March 15 in Mercedes-Benz
Please take a moment to introduce yourself and share some details about your MB C-Class!

My name is KarenS and I am the host of the Edmunds.com Owner's Clubs. Please let me know what discussions you would like to see in your Club folder. I will create them ASAP. You may want to take a look through the other clubs to get ideas for discussions.

Also, a Mercedes-Benz chat will be available starting on March 6 and every Tuesday after, 6-7pm Pacific/9-10pm Eastern. A link will be provided when it comes available.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

KarenS
Host
Owner's Clubs

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

Comments

• drew_drew_ Posts: 3,382
    Welcome, welcome...who will we have as the first member to post in here? :-)

Drew
    Host
    Vans, SUVs, and Aftermarket and Accessories message boards
  • Hi all,

My name is Gary, and I'm the happy owner of a 99 C280 Sport. Haven't had a single problem with my car yet. I am thinking of getting one of the "new" C-Class next year. Anybody out there that can give me a comparison?
  • zmeenowzmeenow Posts: 341
    ZMEENOW HERE... I HAVE A NEW C240 ALMOST READY FOR MY 1ST FREE SERVICE.. VIRTUALLY NO PROBLEMS.DRIVES GREAT..FEELS GREAT...LOOKS GREAT!
  • Hi! I took delivery of my C240 (white, C2, A/T, C/D) on Feb 5, and within three blocks of the show room it was filthy and despite several car washes it hasn't been clean since. You just got to love Nebraska Winters. The car has over 1K miles on it already, I just can't stay out of it. Weather and breakin has kept us from a road trip yet, but just give me some temps in the 40's and we'll be off, even if only for a weekend in Kansas City.

I lurk here (at Edmunds) several times a day and the postings in the C-Class (part 6) group really helped me get through the four month wait for my new toy. I want to thank you all for the support you so kindly, if unknowingly, gave me.

Bubba
  • I will take delivery on my new C320 (C2, C3, C4, Xenon, leather and Command) on 2/28. Will be my third MB I own (Owned a '96 C280 and an '86 190E 2.6)
  • diwc240diwc240 Posts: 172
    Hi Everyone !! This is fantastic, what a Club ! I sure have learned alot since I first starting visiting Edmunds last November. Ordered my first MB - a C 240 6 MT Desert Silver on Nov. 8th. Took delivery on Feb. 15th. 450 miles so far and Love the automobile !! It is an absolute Dream !
    I still can't believe I am driving the C !! Was very impressed with the Dealership (Millennium MB in Bridgewater, N.J.) and to show you how small a world it is; the owner is from St. John's, Newfoundland ! where during my Canadian Navy days we made a fair number of Port visits and always had a fantastic time! He and I sat down for a really nice long chat on "President's Day" last week.
    Really looking forward to our C Class Tuesday's Chat. Thank you Edmunds and it is great meeting all the other C owners !
    Cheers, Ian
  • Hi everyone, Mike here from northern California. I sold my SLK 4 months ago and ordered a C320 which will be "delivered" to the port of Long Beach today. Not much longer and my baby will be safely tucked away in the garage. Thanks to all the Edmund's readers who have been posting thoughts on the C Class. I know exactly what to look for on my initial check ride and pretty much what to expect.
  • Hi everyone, Aruna here from Baltimore. I have C230K 2000. I am very happy with the car. I visit Edmunds post everyday. I have learn a lot from the postings. I wish I had visited this site before buying MB. I would have saved money for cd install which I paid 900.00. and extended warranty for 2500.00. Thanks for all the info from the readers. Great site.
  • Ordered in Sept, took delivery in Dec. I get around 19mpg. The engine is getting smoother as the miles are adding up, 700 so far. Problems encountered so far: 1) engine failure the second time I started the car after delivery due to loose air intake manifold. 2) loss of all electrical functions while the engine was still running, I mean no wiper, no turn signals, no radio, nothing moves in the instrument cluster. All this happened while I was driving on the freeway in a rainy day. 3) sunroof retracted too much and broke the sunshade. To count my blessings: 1) no brake squeak. 2) remote works fine. 3) trunk opens everytime. 4) seat doesn't seem to rock anymore. Despite all these, my wife and I like the car even though we drive her minivan more often.
  • ny74ny74 Posts: 15
    Finally, we have our Owner's Club...
    As far as my first MB purchasing/riding experience of C230K goes, the title shows my feeling about the car.

By the way, where are the pictures of C230K?
  • Greeting!
    Ordered my car in late December and I bought my C320 in January after someone canceled an order. It is Silver/ash with all options except Sport package. I am most impressed with
    1. looks/style.
    2. Performance. I LOVE shifting with the auto trans. The car is fun to drive and the pick-up is great. Boy, I'd love to get a AMG C32 due out later this year with 349 hp!
    3. Voice control. Not just a gadget but a serious safety consideration when using cell phone, CD player and radio. Even my wife, the skeptic, likes it.

Issues with the car
    1. Trunk does not close easily. Needs to be adjusted but will wait until oil change is needed.
    2. No contour seat option for passenger side. Why?
    3. Gas tank is too small. Should be 18 or 19 gals. not 16.2
  • garykinggaryking Posts: 32
    Gee, it sounds like MB is having Chrysler do its quality control! Glad I decided to wait till next year for a new "C".
  • drew_drew_ Posts: 3,382
    1st year teething problems are common for all vehicles, even Japanese makes. So far the '01 C-class problems have been quite minor.

Drew
    Host
    Vans, SUVs, and Aftermarket and Accessories message boards
  • sirus32sirus32 Posts: 55
    Hello...

I've been waiting since Nov 11th, but my delivery date is coming quickly. Build date for my C240(Brilliant Silver/Charcoal,C1,2,4,Bose,CD-Changer and Xenons)is the 2nd decade in March. Paid full MSRP, but got all weather floor mats and CD-Changer thrown in for free.
    -Erich
  • sleakesleake Posts: 47
    I was a lurker on edmunds C-Class forum for over a year before finally posting after putting the deposit on my car. I took delivery of my C320 (my first MB) on October 14th, and have been very happy with it in spite of a couple minor problems. (1) a serious static problem in the AM radio caused by a faulty connection (located in the headliner) that had to be replaced. (2) More recently, one of my two remote keys intermittently fails to lock or unlock the doors. I Love driving the car and I love the information sharing that goes on in this forum.
    Sherrill
  • sleakesleake Posts: 47
    Sherrill here again -- just wanted to add that I'm from Northern California.
  • jimibjimib Posts: 10
    Just ordered a 2001 C320 in Silver with Charcoal int. May 2001 delivery. First MB, tired of SUV,s. I want something fun to drive but practical in our Wisconsin weather. Have 4WD truck for backup. Any comments on the new style C cars? Actually for my wife! (right!).
  • lperakislperakis Posts: 49
    We bought a C320 (our first MB!) and it is also "my wife's car" . BUT.. the C320 is so much fun to drive, you'll be negotiating with your wife as to when YOU get to drive it. No a bad problem to have....

Its a blast to drive. The acceleration is wonderful and very comfortable on long drives. Fit and finish is what you'd expect from MB. Handling at 65 MPH is wonderful as it is in city driving.
    The tranmission is perfect for those who don't want to shift thru the gears BUT it is a kick in the butt to drive if you choose to shift thru the gears.

Regards,
    Leon
  • nankynanky Posts: 75
    We finally ordered a C320 for my wife. We went with the obsidian black (metallic black) with charcoal interior + C2, C4, C6 (sports package), and xenon lights. Choosing a color was one of the biggest decisions albeit going with or without the sports package. I was hot on the brilliant silver but she wasn't. Going from a Camry, I have offered to help her get used to driving this fun car once it's delivered in the next 45 - 60 days (she doesn't buy that). What I still haven't figured out is how with 100K miles on her '96 Camry, she gets a C320 and tells me I can get a new car in two years. Folks, my '91 Honda has 230K miles on it. Somebody help me!! In any case, that gives me time to see what Lexus, BMW, and Mercedes do with their GS, 5 Series, and E Class respectively.
    We ordered a C320 with xenon lights. They look nice but more importantly are supposed to be brighter than the standard lights. Are they any club members who have experience with the xenon lights and if so, are they worth having?
  • jimibjimib Posts: 10
    Anybody use the new command system? Is it worth it or wait for next car when its $500. Pros/Cons?
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,016
    The Edmunds.com Drivers' Opinion Panel has just launched. This initiative will further establish Edmunds.com as the voice of the consumer by becoming a key source for automotive market research. Through this initiative Edmunds.com will send traffic to the Opinion Panel promotion and registration area. Members of the panel will participate in key market research studies for Automotive OEMs and related companies on-line as opposed to more traditional market research methods.

To become a member of the panel, please visit

Drivers' Opinion Panel

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• karklinkarklin Posts: 15
    Hi My name is Leo-K I picked up my new C-320 last Saturday March 17 so far I am pleased can anyone tell me your experience with the C-320
    Thanks
  • I am about to purchase a C240. I am considering the voice-activated phone. Has anyone had any experiences (good or bad) with the system?
    Mercedes-Benz C-Class (Part 6) under the Mercedes C Class Owners page has over 2000 postings that might be helpful to you. It is definitely a more active page with daily postings on sharing C experiences etc..

See you there
  • I am coming up on my C230K Special Edition's 1st birthday. It has be a joy every day. With the Sports Package the car is a hoot to drive. My decision not to buy the BOW 323i was the best decision I made this year.
    Please take a look at Owner's Club Changes to offer your opinion.

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

• fschneckfschneck Posts: 5
    deciding between bmw325i & c240. intend to buy(bank & me).auto trans,cd w changer,c2 pkg. please advise!
  • rowlandjrowlandj Posts: 254
    Just cancelled an order for 325 and will get my C in a week and half. More to do with the dealer than the car - BMW dealers tend to have a lousy attitued here in my area so why give them my business? When spending this $ I expect a bit more than a "take it or leave it attitude".

Also, now having repeated the back-to-back on the two cars I think I will be a lot happier with the MB in terms of the "total package".

JR
    Some of you will notice that your messages from yesterday no longer exist. There was a major hiccup in the system last evening. Edmunds.com apologizes sincerely for the difficulties this situation poses. Please rest assured that every effort is being expended to rectify this matter as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

This discussion has been closed.