Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Avalon Audio Questions

Comments

• nomad56nomad56 Posts: 134
    sc-I have NOT pulled an 05 stereo yet, but I am showing parts for it. The Soundgate TOYCBL 03, changes the newer style plug, to interface with their AUXTOY1 aux input. Therefore, with the TOYCBL03, you can probably (my guess) also use PIE's "TOY-AUX", if you can't find Soundgate's input converter. Call PIE (pie.net) they may have a direct input, but I am not showing one yet, their tech support is excellent. -nomad56-
  • jxgjxg Posts: 1
    I have a similar problem. My Avalon Limited has the JBL Synthesis Audio System with an in-dash CD changer. It won't play MP3 CD's and the manual warns against putting home-made CD's into the changer. I have a perfectly good CD player that I can use for my home-made CD's but I need a way to pipe the sound signal into the installed system. Is there an aux input on it anywhere?
  • nomad56nomad56 Posts: 134
    See my reply, #742, in Toyota Avalon Owners: Problems & Solutions. -nomad56-
  • delandelan Posts: 6
    sctortplace,

I also have the JBL system in my Limited. I downloaded music from the internet using my computer. Burnt 5 cds and loaded them into the JBL system. No problem at all....sounds great.

delan
  • mikes.mikes. Posts: 335
    Give me a day or three and I will. I want to wait for a nice sunny day, not a dark dreay overcast one like we've been having.

MikeS.
    Give me a day or three and I will. I want to wait for a nice sunny day, not a dark dreay overcast one like we've been having.

MikeS

OK, sorry I'm haven't forgotten just haven't gotten this far yet.

MikeS.
    I was asked to post some more pictures of my car, try this link.

http://photobucket.com/albums/y95/mtpys/

Password is; Avy05
  • putter5putter5 Posts: 12
    Just ordered 2005 Avalon XLS. On my prev cars I had the windows tinted ( live in So Florida) I'm wondering if aftermarket tinting affects the reception based on the antenna being imbedded in the rear window. My current wheels 1999 300M with premium radio, I feel sound was compromised after I had the tinting installed. Anybody have an opinion . I did not op for the JBL radio so the car will have the standard sound.Any feedback would be appreciated
  • zekeman1zekeman1 Posts: 422
    If you get good quality tinting, it should not affect reception. I just tinted my 05 LTD and reception is untouched. I had an 01 ES300 with tinted windows and had an XM radio antenna mounted inside the car on the rear package deck - absolutely no affect on the reception.
  • pcgpcg Posts: 6
    As you can not have a factory Nav system in the 2005 Avalon Touring, I am looking at high end after market Nav units. The Pioneer AVIC-N2 interest me because of large foldaway screen and it is capable of real time traffic updates via SAT Radio. I want to install it in place of my factory JBL stereo and still keep the standard dash radio cover in place. I am also hoping to retain use of the steering wheel radio controls. Any suggestions, thoughts ,or experience with this potential application is greatly appreciated.
  • steph10steph10 Posts: 1
    I just got a used 2001 Avalon XLS. I am interested in replacing the Toyota in-console AM/FM/CD/Cassette player with AM/FM/CD/XM. I want something to fit right into that cut out on the console and not look like an add-on perched up on the dash or elsewhere. I was led to believe this is easy........but, now I'm not so sure. Any ideas on how to get this done, where to shop, how to find, etc. Maybe it sounds vain, but I just want it all to look sharp and like it's meant to be there, not attached to some other part of the dash.
    Look in your local yellow pages for car audio places. BestBuy & Circuit City are 2 national chains and there is usually 1 or more local stores that handle car audio. They can show you replacement models that will do exactly what you want.

MikeS.
  • teddylegteddyleg Posts: 8
    Hello,

This is my first post here. Looks like a great place to get suggestions and opinions. I am in the final stages of purchasing a 2005 Avalon Limited and I had a question and wanted to see what other owners were experiencing. I am going to get both satellite radio (with the antenna inside the car next to the rear window) and I also have the navigation system.

I know the Nav manual says not to tint the windows as it could affect the GPS system on the Nav, but I'm assuming that's just a standard warning. I had an Acura TL with Nav and had the windows tinted (35%) with no problems at all.

I was happy to read zekeman's input (thanks very much Zeke!) Can others confirm that they have gotten a 35% window tinting (I'm having it done at the same place that did the Acura so I know it's quality) on their Avalon w/Nav and have had no adverse affects on radio reception, satellite radio reception, or Nav reception?

Any input from anyone with tinting and Nav would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks very much.
  • zekeman1zekeman1 Posts: 422
    Have you tried www.crutchfield.com? Maybe get their 800 # and give them a call, tell them your situation and see what they suggest in the way of unit. Then check out your local retailer for the same item...I've found they are extremely helpful/knowledgeable.
    zekeman1
  • My avalon xls, 2000, purchased yesterday, came with a JBL woofer that sounds fuzzy; like it is torn. Very annoying.
    I think this is a common problem.
    Is it common?
    Easy fixes? [eg: Kragen woofer, about $20]
    thanks
    eugene
  • abfischabfisch Posts: 591
    I have XM radio in my 02 Avalon. I use the XM Delphi removable unit, have a vehicle specific mount, and wire the antenna, on the back central portion of the roof, about 8" from the back window. Works very well, many miles of enjoyement. Also have dual use as have home docking station to dock into the surround sound system at home.

abfisch
  • funtallyfuntally Posts: 3
    I have a 2000 Avalon XLS with a 6 cd player. Never had a problem until today when I got in the car, the CD player would not play, nor could I get any of the CDs that were in the unit to eject. The player was fully loaded with 6 CDs. I can't change CDs or change tracks either. The player displays a "6" for the sixth CS, but doesn't display a track number. The tape player works and I can use the same buttons to change tracks on the tape. Am I going to have to go to the dealer to get this fixed? Has anyone else had similar problems? THANKS, K

PS. This is a factory-installed unit.
  • sanandtonsanandton Posts: 342
    My wife's 2000 xls had the same problem when we bought it used. It was a Toyota CPO, so we did take it back to the dealer. They had to exchange the unit, but we never got our 1 disc that we had in it. It was no biggie though. I had a Mozart throw away disc that I was testing it with when it happened. It also happened in a new Nissan I had once. It seems that most of the dealers have to send it back to the stereo manufacturer for repair. Usually they make no bones about the fact that the chances for disc recovery are slim. If your car is out of warranty, I would take it to a well known car stereo shop first, you may have a better chance of getting your discs back. Good luck.
  • mshalhmshalh Posts: 1
    We have a 2005 Avalon with the Navigation system. A Cassette player is not an option. Any Suggestions For Adding/Integrating An External/Internal Cassette Player On Our Avalon? When traveling, we enjoy using libraries books on tapes. We want to continue using cassette tapes if we can find an Okay solution.
  • azfj60azfj60 Posts: 15
    Same thing happened when I bought my 2000 XLS (only wires had been cut). I replaced with an $18 versions from Checker. Works great. I'm not an audiophile by any stretch of the imagination, but it sounds good, and cranks up loud enough to vibrate the rear-view mirror!. I think I removed the seat to make installation easier. Still a pretty easy do-it-yourself job.

Rob