Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Avalon Interior

Comments

• Hi, can anyone please tell me where I can purchase a dashpad for a 2006 Avalon XLS? :) :)
  • zekeman1zekeman1 Posts: 422
    Have you searched on Google?
  • Hey, thanks alot for the link that did the job, got one on the way.

Thanks again :)
  • johndjrjohndjr Posts: 80
    mldj98
    ref the seats. I have an '05 limited. I compare the seat comfort to my last car (a 98 or 99,I forget which but the first year it came out, Volvo S80). Yes, the Avalon isn't as comfortable as the Volvo, but it isn't so bad that I complain about it and certainly not firm enough to 'get rid of the car'. The Volvo seat was the most comfortable car I've ever had. And not to bragg, but I've had Cadillacs and MBs. The MBs were more like a park bench to me.
  • bobwileybobwiley Posts: 241
    I have an 06 Limited and being 6'2" and 250 lbs, I'm impressed with the comfort of the seats--I especially love the "under the knee" seat extension. I agree about the Volvo seats--for those who haven't sat in them--they are industry leading in comfort. I had 2 Volvo's and it is too bad that Volvo's reliabilty has fallen so far. Before I bought the Avalon, I test drove a TL G35, ES330 and a Buick Lucerne. The Lucerne had VERY comfortable seats--maybe even a bit better than the Avalon's. Big reason I didn't buy the Lucerne--1st year vehicle and concern for GM reliability.
  • kdean1kdean1 Posts: 2
    Some dealers have told us they can install leather seats at the dealership while others have said it is not possible without damaging the air bags. Is it possible to upgrade cloth seats in the XL to leather (not factory-installed)?
  • abfischabfisch Posts: 591
    I think it is a costly option, aftermarketly speaking. If you do NOT have a heated garage, then you might want to think again about the leather seats. i have an XL 02. If I did not have such a nice garage, then it would have been a mistake to get leather seats that are not heated. Too hot during the summer and too cold during the winter.

Just my opinion with 80K on the Avalon now.

abfisch
  • omaibraz5omaibraz5 Posts: 24
    I have a 98 XLS with 106k and the carpet is fading because I stupidly put bleach in the water when I am cleaning the carpet.I would like to know if I can get the same color dye to buy from Toyota or anywhere else.I plan on keeping the car until it falls apart. :D :D :D :D I just love my AVY.
  • bobwileybobwiley Posts: 241
    Thanks for the info!! I ordered and received my dash mat--came in less than 3 days!! Looks great and fits perfectly!! It does take a bit of maneuvering and "pushing & tucking"--I installed in less than 5 minutes. Using a "rounded" table knife helps getting the seams pushed under the windshield. colors tend to be "lighter" than pics on the website--so take tht into consideration. I got Tan Velour and wished I'd gotten Brown Velour--still looks great!
    Bob
  • brycovbrycov Posts: 2
    I have a 2006 Avalon Limited with 3,500 miles on it. I am very happy with it thus far. However, the engine is noisy when cold and the transmission does occasionally hesitate when shifting. The dealer says both of these problems are normal and that they can't do anything about either item. I do have a minor problem as to how to reset the clock. The 2006 Avalon manual shows a picture with reset buttons below the clock. My car does not have reset buttons. I called the local dealer and they said to bring the car in so that they could reset the clock. This sounds ridiculous and is inconvenient. Does anyone know how to reset the clock on a 2006 Avalon?
  • rsblaskirsblaski Posts: 68
    Get ready for another goofy user interface with this car.
    First, if you do not have the nav option, I can't help you. If you do, press the "menu" button. Then scroll to the "adjust time" button. You will then find buttons to pick your time zone and whether you want daylight saving time. Then press "ok" and you will find that NOTHING CHANGES!!!
    After you do the same thing about 5 or 6 times, just forget about making the adjustment in the setup menu.
    Now press the "info" button and at the top of the next screen, you will see a small button labeled "adjust time."
    Press this button and you will find the options to pick the time zone, auto. dst, and auto adjust. Make your selections, press "ok" and you will be back on time.

If this isn't one of the dumbest things I've ever seen, it sure comes close. I would say that this makes the lame brained nav system look almost easy to use. :P :P :P
  • brycovbrycov Posts: 2
    I do have NAV and I pressed the "Info." button and then adjusted successfully the time per your instructions. Thanks for your help.
  • anyone ever had a problem with the master switch on the left door ? i replaced it and still only the right front door rools down what could it be ?????
  • deepandeepan Posts: 342
    i have the same car and the left driver window has failed a few times. a few bangs on the inner door has go things working. the last failure was about an yr ago. do you spray you car with oil aka rustproofing,
  • bigwill1bigwill1 Posts: 1
    Hello,

I am thinking of changing out my cloth seats in a '98' Toyota Avalon for leather seats. Now would I need any additional brackets, bolts etc or would it be an even exchange meaning I can just use the screws and bolts from the cloth seats and just change em out? Thanks!
  • pusatekmpusatekm Posts: 1
    Hello,

I have a 2006 Avalon XL. Does anyone know where I can buy the door sill plates that say Avalon on them (like on the touring model? Also, has anyone replaced the factory 6/12 inch door speakers? I have the 6-DISC in dash unit but not the JBL. If so what brand and model did you use and did this improve the sound? Did it also help the vibration/rattle when the base is turned up?

Thanks
    KMP
    2006 Toyota Avalon XL
    1996 Toyota Avalon XL
    1972 Oldsmobile 442 Convertible
  • james1997james1997 Posts: 3
    I have a 1997 Avalon and bought it used about 2 years ago. Now my front passenger and rear driverside windows (funny they are diagonally) are not working. I checked for power and they have. I checked the switches and they work. I checked manually the power window works fine when powered directly. I tried looking for the fuse but couldn't find the fuse in the engine compartment and driverside underdash fuse box area. Is there another fuse box for just the power windows? Help.

Proud to be a Avalon owner.
    James
  • master1master1 Posts: 340
    I'm not sure but it's probably your window motor. Take it to a dealer or mechanic - it shouldn't be a big deal to fix but will cost some money.
  • deepandeepan Posts: 342
    i have had intermittent power window issues maybe an yr or so back. gaveit a little bang in the inside and it worked. do you oil spray your car during winter.
    Hi Master1,
    Thanks for the reply. I check the motor and it goes up and down manually with a direct contact from the battery. Some how the switch is not working with the wires. The wires have juice to the motor and switch. I tested the switch to see if it works with the other windows and it works fine.

Have a nice day,
    James
    Hi Deepan,
    Hey I'll try that might work.

Thanks,
    James
  • oregonoregon Posts: 9
    We just bought a new 2006 Avalon XLS. I am taking it in for some minor fixes and thought I'd mention it here if anyone has some ideas. The first is an easy fix - driver side fog lamp lens is loose. The second, and last, is a tick/click in the dash somewhere under the steering column. I probably would not even hear it except I usually drive without the stereo on. Anyway, the dealer will say it's nothing or they cannot find the cause. Just wondering if anyone has heard this tick (more ticks on rougher roads) and found the solution.
    Thanks for any help.
  • melbcmelbc Posts: 31
    Does it sound like a squeak or creak when you step on a wood floor?

MelBC
  • oregonoregon Posts: 9
    No melbc - it sounds like a tap. A bundled wire harness could make this sound if it was close to the dash housing - just close enough to hit intermitently. Anyway, very minor - I love the car! Had a Camry Hybrid on order, but got tired of waiting. Now I'm happy they couldn't find it!
  • wabbit1wabbit1 Posts: 4
    I have had many Toyotas and overall I am extremely pleased. I rarely even consider looking at other brands. But

I must say that front seat comfort isn't Toyota's long suit. Perhaps their seat designs are well-suited for a statistically shorter and lighter Japanese population, but are they using the same seat designs for a generally taller and heavier American population? There seems to be inadequate leg support. My '97 Camry's seats weren't all that comfortable, but at least they were a bit softer than the Avalon. I didn't really notice a problem on my test drives because shorter drives aren't too bad, but on a longer drive my butt literally goes numb. Also, my 6'2" husband easily finds a comfortable driving position, but I (5'6") sometimes have to fiddle around a lot with all of the position controls to get comfy.

Overall I am pleased with the car, but the seat comfort is my major complaint. Our base model Tacoma's seats are more comfortable.
  • 72hudson72hudson Posts: 1
    I would like to prevent the doors from locking automatically when the car is put into drive or reverse.Or even auto unlock when the car is put into park.

As it is now every time I stop I have to unlock the doors to prevent my passengers from yanking on the handles when they wont open.
  • cjponlinecjponline Posts: 17
    Can anyone recommend a source for disassembly / assembly instructions for interior surfaces? I have an 06 Limited and would like to hide radar detector power cords, install a permanent NAV bracket etc into the dash.

I just need to know the tools and methods to remove surfaces and reassembly without damaging parts.

Thanks!
  • mem4mem4 Posts: 52
    The best source is the Toyota Service Manuals. However they are expensive, around $350 for the set. You can also purchase a 1 day, 1 month or 1 year subscription to the Toyota on-line database. The one month cost me $50 and you get to view, copy and save PDF files to your computer. Here is the address: http://techinfo.toyota.com/index.html
  • cjponlinecjponline Posts: 17
    I did try techinfo.toyota.com, but I couldn't locate disassembly instructions. Lots of wiring diagrams, etc, but I could not specific instructions to remove interior panels.

Thanks