Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Avalon Interior

Comments

• nimiminimimi Posts: 249
    Gee, Bob. The WD-40 I have says "MAY BE FATAL. . . contains petroleum distillates." Doesn't sound too "fishy."
  • bobwileybobwiley Posts: 241
    I'll check the can---I use WD-40 for many things--getting the sticky stuff off after you remove price labels, keeps rust off saw blades and spray it on you fishing lures--works better than the expensive fish attractants! FYI--WD--stands for Water Displacement and the # 40 is because it was the 40th formula that worked. It was developed in 1953 to protect missle parts. Workers were so impressed with it, they begang to "borrow" it! About 2.5 million gallons are produced each year. The Statue of Lberty loves it--they use it to protect her! Go on Goggle and read about WD-40---it'll amaze ya! You're right about the petroleum--original formula was fish oil based-----the distinctive smell was from a fragrance added during brewing.
    Bob
    Bob
  • nimiminimimi Posts: 249
    It works great for getting moisture out of the distributor (on older cars)!
  • captain2captain2 Posts: 3,971
    Can't imagine a $44K Avalon unless you're Canadian
    down here in Texas, see them all the time - mostly courtesy of an outrageous 18/19" wheel and tire packages (can't think of a better way to screw up a perfectly good car) at 6-8 grand!
    and these would be distributor installed, down here Gulf States Toyota who has a tendency to do such things!
  • I too am experiencing the same problem. I am not able to set the clock on my nav ( 2003 avalon ). I already did what you suggested before I read your instructions. But when I click on info and adjust time, highlight yes for auto adjust, or highlight H or M to set the clock manually, it wont accept any commands. Also my nav doesnt register fuel usage, distance, avg mpg info, nor outside temp. Do you have any suggestions?
  • 49364936 Posts: 15
    Hi I too, had same rattle on a 2000 XLS. The solution, buckle right seat belt. It rattles against the plastic door post.
  • jmbkljjmbklj Posts: 19
    I did a search and could not find the answer. I don't like the light colored wood I've seen in the Avalons. Is it true that some of them come with the darker wood? If so, I haven't seen any. Which interior colors include the darker wood?

I really like the Pine exterior color but it only comes with the blonde wood, I think. I am wondering if this might change for the 2008's??

Right now I have a 2001 XL because I like cloth seats and it has the dark wood. I guess it's impossible to get that in a 2007....and probably for a 2008?
  • tjc78tjc78 JerseyPosts: 5,023
    The "graphite" interior gets the darker woodgrain on the XLS and Limited. XL and Touring don't have woodgrain.

My '03 XL didn't have wood trim at all, was yours aftermarket?

1999 Chevy S10 / 2004 Merc Grand Marquis / 2012 Buick LaCrosse

• jmbkljjmbklj Posts: 19
    No, my '01 XL was not aftermarket, as far as I know. I believe it was still an option at that point in time that I requested from the dealer and that is how I received it from the dealer.
  • steve326asteve326a Posts: 58
    I recently replaced my dashboard lights on my 97 XLS. Unfortunately, I inadvertently cracked the left dash trim where left vent is literly in half. My heart sank to the floor. Does anyone know where I can get one without getting raped by a dealer? It's tan in color. Most boneyards here don't have any Avalons.

Thanks,
    Steve :cry:
  • tjc78tjc78 JerseyPosts: 5,023
    My first place to start checking would be Ebay motors.

1999 Chevy S10 / 2004 Merc Grand Marquis / 2012 Buick LaCrosse

• absman2absman2 Posts: 1
    i accidently dropped my credit card in the slit between the top of the cup holder and the bottom of the elbow rest/compartment in the front seats. any suggestions on how to open up this center aisle? thanks in advance for any help
  • looking for some seats leather
    t
  • radioguy1radioguy1 Posts: 5
    Looking at several 2008 "used" Avalons on the dealership's lot, I found 4 that are all low mileage vehicles..they also all have black interiors with black leather. A question that comes to my mind is just how hot would these seats get in the summer? I live in the Houston area, and even with a white exterior, I can't imagine sitting down on a nice hot leather seat. Does anyone on the group have such an interior? And does it get as hot as I think it might?

Thanks

Radioguy1
  • I am attempting to install a bluconnect system. Does anyone have pics or instructions on how to remove the overhead console?

Mark
  • driver65driver65 Posts: 1
    did you ever receive any responses to your inquiry? I'm trying to hard wire a radar detector and can't get it out . After you remove the lens cover the reflector behind the bulb comes out. There are 2 screws behind it. From there I could not get the console out.That's as far as I've gotten.

Driver65.
  • finfin atlantaPosts: 586
    OK folks, here is an interesting problem. Perhaps someone has an answer....

2007 Limited, center console storage compartment, the one with the square flip up cover, located between the seats... open the square door and a card falls down behind the door. It disappears. To where? Ideas on how to recover the card? Remove the square door? How? :confuse:

Thanks......
  • You'll need to remove the cup holder Panel Assembly. You should be able to do this without using any tools if you have strong fingers. Once you have the panel removed you can turn it upside down and shake the card out. If the item is small enough you can remove it from one of the access holes on either end of the door pocket on the underside of the Panel. I just had to do this to get plastic sunglasses out of the console. The throw-away kind from the eye doctor.

Here is a PDF with pictures:
    http://www.scribd.com/full/44674479?access_key=key-2ckvc9jszdpqccd7nuus

:)
  • finfin atlantaPosts: 586
    Thanks for the answer... I asked this question a year ago and got nothing 'till now. Again, Thanks. But my problem is the other door... the one covering the square storage bin just behind the cup holder area. Got any ideas on that one? Probably starts the same way and continues somehow....