Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Avalon Tires and Wheels

1234568»

Comments

• tfeltontfelton Posts: 80
    The TripleTreds I got are 93H. The H is good up to 130 mph so I can't imagine needing a V tire which means you can go up to 149 mph. The fastest I've gone is 100 and normally not over 85 except in short spurts.
    ·
  • just curious, I put Toyo Versado's on my Avy just last week and the ride is much smoother than what I got from the oem turanza's... was wondering if the triple treds give a really smooth ride? My wife's vehicle will be needing tires in the spring and since I've already got the versado's on my car, might try the triple treds on her car for a comparison. appreciate your help.

Roland
    ·
  • tfeltontfelton Posts: 80
    The TripleTreds are noisy. I have them on two other cars (daughter and wife). I use them because of the large amount of rain we get here. I've tried two different Michelin rain tires in the past and was not happy with them. The only other tire I'm considering for the Avy is the Michelin Primacy MXV4. I look at the Tire Rack's web site to compare tires. The address is http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Assurance+Tr- ipleTred&vehicleSearch=true&partnum=155HR7ATT&fromCompare1=yes&speed_rating=H&sp- eed_rating=V&speed_rating=Z&speed_rating=W&speed_rating=Y&speed_rating=(Y)&minSpeedRating=H for the TripleTred.

My wife drives my '98 Sienna with TripleTreds. She drove to Utah last Tuesday morning and ran into that snow storm. A lot of rain and 4" of snow on her route. She very successfully got through it all.
    ·
  • What part of the tire should be mounted opposite the air stem???
    I have read before but cannot find it now.
    ·
  • capriracercapriracer Somewhere in the USPosts: 812
    You may have heard there are dots on the sidewall, but unfortunately that is not 100% true. There are no universal standards or practices with regard to where the tire is to be oriented with regards to the valve stem.

If you find dots, they may or may not be the type the should be oriented with the valve stem, but there is no harm done if they are.
    ·
1234568»
This discussion has been closed.
Toyota Avalon Tires and Wheels - Page 8 - Car Forums at Edmunds.com