Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Pacifica Suspension Problems

Comments

• Check right side of engine cradle for flex or rust, many 04,and 05's have had to have this replaced, it is about $4000 Chrysler should take care of this but will not. Call 888-327-4236 to get DEPT. of transportation to look at it. They need lots of calls before they will get involved
  • charger3charger3 Posts: 209
    Make cards or papers up. Put them on all windshields of Chrysler Pacific's you see in parking lots. Describe problem and tell them to have a mechanic of their choice check the car and then report it to Chrysler and NHTSA and call 888-327-4236
    edited August 2010
    Like I said Chrysler replaced my engine cradle and mounts. The car rides like a dream now. I called NHTSA and filed a complaint everyone needs to do this to get a recall. Posting things here does nothing call NHTSA file complaint by phone or on line.888-327-4236
  • remartinremartin Posts: 3
    edited October 2010
    I was having my tires changed yesterday and this was discovered on the passenger front, the same rusting through the subframe. I have had the car 6+ years with 103000 miles. I had the engine clean and a tie rod replaced last October but no mention of this rust issue. By the amount of corrosion this just didn't start happening. So I agree with you that this is a manufacturing defect and should be covered no matter age or mileage on the car. This kind of corrosion would be unusual for a car 30 years old. I have scheduled an appointment next week for them to inspect the car and I will see what kind of satisfaction I receive. I will keep you in the loop. I hope I get the same satisfaction from the dealer.
  • remartinremartin Posts: 3
    edited October 2010
    I hope I have the same good fortune as you. What year & how many miles did you have on it and what state are you located in. I am calling the NHTSA 888-327-4236 right now to let them know.
    Mine is a 2004 and my wifes is a 2005 hers has no problem yet. I had 72000 when they replaced it
  • I just had my sub-frame replaced under an extended warranty that was just sent out to dealers. It is for this issue 10 year/150,000 miles. It included the needed hardware, bushings, etc and a front-end alignment. Initial I was told by the dealer that it would not be warrantied( very thankful to the Service Dept Manager for his followup, as he contacted me about this extended warranty and his followup me). I was going to purchaes the sub-frame and work with my nephew(a certified mechanic) to do the work for about $2000. Good Luck.
    Just found out today 11/02/2010 Someone I talked to today said his car was being fixed by a new hidden Chrysler warranty that covers the engine cradle for 10 years or 150,000 miles on 04 and 05 Pacifica's
  • I have a 2007 FWD, and are starting to feel the front end coming loose, making noise.
    If the year is stated by the poster with this problem (most don't), I have the feeling it is more common (or only) on the pre model change years (before the 4.0 liter with 6 speed auto).

Is that the case?
  • faroutfarout Posts: 1,609
    Do you have the 5 seat PAC? Those came with a 3.8 L 4 spped auto trans. The Touring and the Limited had the 4.0 L 6 spped auto trans. We have a 07 PAC Touring AWD with 84,400 miles on it. Did you buy it new? How many miles are on your PAC?

The front end noise might well be a Torshion link. motor mounts, or trans. mounts. We live on a very rough road and have all of the above replaced ubder the Chrysler Max care Service Contract.
    edited November 2010
    You still need to call the National Hwy Traffic Safety Administration and file a complaint so there will be a recall
  • faroutfarout Posts: 1,609
    The drivers lumbar seat adjustment stopped working last week. The seat is not covered by Chryslers Max Care Service Contract. I called Chrysler at 1 800 992 1997 and ask if Chrysler might consider helping me on this. I thought is might be about $ 200. 0r so. The cost is over $ 2,000. as they replave the back of the seat wit all the motors and seat back heater. I was amazed at the price! Chrysler said if I would agree to pay my regular Max Care deductable of $ 100. they would do the rest as a good will and to show they really do take pride in their vehicles. I was very pleased! This is one more reason why I stick with Chrysler made vehicles. This is my 17 Chrysler made vehicle, and i have been loyal to Chrysler becauce they have been great in standing behind their vehicles, as far as my experience goes.
  • farout, that is good for you. If Chrysler had not done that, I would have bought a seat cushion for $39 from AutoSport.com and away we go...

I have said it before , Fiat is trying harder than DaimlerWhatever did. Fiat wants renewed access to North America , armed with world-wide small car prowess......what Fiat needed from Chrysler was a broad dealership/distribution network and a better understanding/appreciation of North American tastes/preferences.....I am interested to see what comes along in the next year, as I think the new Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge/Ram group will unleash a steady offering of new vehicles.............

The Fiat 500 looks like a worthy Mini Cooper variant to me, and I like the new Jeep Cherokee very much...............There are larger variants coming, based on Lancia , Fiat, and Alfa Romeo platforms.........I have seen some of these cars in Europe, and they are definitely competitive without being too much "me too"..............
    Maximum Care is an exclusionary extended warranty, often referred to as a "Bumper-to-Bumper warranty" and as such if it's not excluded, it's covered. The only parts and labor not covered are:
    Maintenance services and items used in such services.
    Glass, plastic lenses.
    Body and paint items, including soft trim.
    Wear items such as manual clutch assembly, brake pads, shoes, rotors, drums and belts are not covered at any time.
    Snow plows, winches and trailer hitches
    THIS IS RIGHT FROM THE CHRYSLER WEB SITE. YOU ARE COVERED!!!!!
  • Thanks for posting this information. I was inspecting my mounts due to clunking come from the engine when I noticed the engine cradle was rusted through, and both front and rear mounts had failed. I have a 2004 AWD Pacifica with 115000. I went online last night and found this thread. I called the dealer this morning and they said they were unaware of any extended coverage on the cradle. After asking them to do additional searching they said they found the 10 year/150,000 coverage extension. They inspected the vehicle at no charge, and confirmed it is covered by this issue and there is no fee for parts or labor. The mounts will also be replaced for just the price of the parts. I did file a complaint with NHTSA, thank you for posting.
    Great to hear. One down thousands to go
  • I did as you suggested and finally called and reported my problems. I reported the front end noises and my sticking accelerator. Not sure if it will make a difference, but it can't hurt.
  • the sticking accelerator fix is basically removing the air cleaner and spraying some WD-40 or similar degreaser solvent down the throttle air intake.

This problem and fix have been posted numerous times on this and other forums for Chrysler Pacifica.

It is a 10 minute procedure and NOT going to be a part of any sort of recall.............

The front end noises, I'm with you on that one !
  • I can't believe how many people have had the same problems as I have. I have an 04 Pacifica AWD (only 48,500 mi) and also have had problems with the front end suspension. I've had to replace the swing bars, etc. the dealership even went as far to say I needed a whole new rack system. at the cost of $4000, and at the time the car was only 4 years old. I want to trade it in so bad, but can't afford a new car at this time. I was pleasantly surprised to get a letter in the mail about this recall. What I would like to know is if I bring the car in because it's making a knocking sound (and it sounds like it's coming from the front tire area's) I don't want them to lie to me and say it's something else. If I look under the car, where and what am I looking for to see if the engine cradle is damaged/rusted/broke? How have others faired with dealing with the dealerships? TY!
    sticking accelerator. Block open your throttle body spray throttle body cleaner in and around butterfly brush with tooth brush respray put air cleaner on and start engine no more sticking accelerator