Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Pacifica Suspension Problems

Comments

• I bought my 2004 Pac in May, 2003, just when they were coming out. It has been garaged and just passed 70,000 miles.
    I just had to have the engine cradle replaced on my 2004 because of rust-through. I would love to have a copy of that letter. My dealer refused to do anything about any rust warranty.
    Thanks
    bmbernhard@fuse.net
  • I just had to have the cradle replaced at a cost of $1,900.00. The dealer refused to do anything about rust warranty. Now I'm seeing that Chrysler has exended the rust warranty. I don't see that I ever received a letter about the warranty extension. If anyone has a copy of that letter, I'd love to get a copy. Thanks! bmbernhard@fuse .net
  • Fluid leak in front. At same time was told the engine cradle had rusted out & needed to be replaced. Service told us it was not a recall item, but after googling found many others with same problem. There was, in fact, a warranty extention for vehicles manufactured between 2/23/2004 & 3/31/2004 in Salt Belt States. Ours was built 7/28/2004. Advised to contact Chrysler Customer Assistance (800-247-9753.) Did that & they contacted our local dealership and are now sending this to a case manager at Chrysler. Now we wait & see if anything will be done.
  • I had my engine cradle checked and there is no rust. But I did find an oil leak and I cann't find out where it is coming from. I have checked my oil level on my dipstick and it seems fine. I read in a message above that an oil leak could be from a bad motor mount. How do I check and see if it is a bad motor mount? I didn't know that motor mounts have oil in them. The leak is near the oil filter. I have a 2005 Pacifica 3.5L engine. Thanks for any info.
  • We haven't noticed any oil leaks. But we do lose about a quart every 1000 to 1500 miles. Can't tell you anything about motor mounts. Sorry I can't help you more.
  • charger3charger3 Posts: 209
    The oil pressure sending unit is just above the oil filter and sometimes when they go out they leak. I tore everything apart and the sending unit was right in front of me but I couldn't reach it. I took it to a repair place on the corner and they said it would take 15 minutes to change it would I like to wait. I said sure I have to see this. Six hours later they finished. They charged 75 but the dealer only wanted 80
  • tank04tank04 Posts: 1
    if the noise in back of your car sounds like rusty beds springs...I had that problem also,I found out it was some type of control arm in the rear . rubbers seals that are in it that have warn out causing the noise.. the only way to fix it. is by replacing the control arm...all one part..about 250.00..
    If you could give me the exact name of the part you had replaced. The rear cross member bushings 3 front #4766744AA $66.45 3 rear #4766746AA $71.95
  • Here are the parts used to replace engine cradle in my 2004 Pac:
    1@ C/member 23032017 $679.00
    4@ Isolator 17011017 $55.00 = $220.00
    4@ Stop/Bmpr 17023025 $15.70 = $62.80
    Total Parts (inclu misc parts) $981.80
    Total Labor $820.00
    Total job (inclu Tax, etc.) $1,875.71
    I wrote to Chrysler and they agreed to reimburse me $1,400.00 for the repairs.
  • The link wouldnt work when I clicked on it can someone tell me how to use it or possible send me the PDF??? I really did try like 10 times before bugging you :) My email is us4grubs@gmail.com if that is easier. I really appreciate any help I can get here!
  • I am in Illinois with a rusted cradle and have a ticket in to the "case review" dept b/c they say my car's first owner was not in a salt belt state but the previous owner was so they sent it off for review. The cust service rep was very nice but first told me I had no extended warranty except for an EPG issue so I had to bring up the letter I got on this form which she then tried to tell me my car is a 2003 so it's not included, but as we know it a model yr 2004 so it is, after being put on hold she came back and said it's being escalated due to the salt belt state stipulation. I am suppose to hear from them tomorrow so I'm crossing my fingers at this point that I don't have to go through the extra hassle if they deny it.
    A mechanic said they could try fixing it by welding but why should I settle for that if Chrysler knows they have issues????
  • Could I please tell me the actual manufactured date of your Pacifica. Chrysler says the warranty only covers manufactured 04-05 even though the letter clearly states model year 04-05 and they refused to send anything in black and white stating they denied my claim and why. Mine was manufactured in 07/03.
    I will look and get back to you. They say the warranty only covers cars that were sold in the rust belt even if you got it in Florida and the next day moved to Chicago and it rusted out there. Sounds stupid to me, they have a rust problem and they know it. If it was me and they would not cover it no matter what I did. I would get 20 dollars of metal and cut out the bad spot and weld in a new piece and then put a piece over that and plug weld it. Twice as strong as original. Then put in the drain holes they forgot. Just like GM in the old day's they had bad cam shafts and they had to replace them with bad cam shafts because GM didn't have a redesigned one out yet.">
  • My Pac was manufactured in April, '03. I bought it in May, '03. Obviously one of the first Pacs made. Chrysler has the letter out about frame rust in "04 & '05 Pacs. However, they told me that, for some reason, my Pac was not part of that group that they acknowlege did rust out. However, they did sed me a check for 80% of the repair cost.
    As for the "salt" area, I'm in Northern Kentucky (Greater Cincinnati) area. Some salt here but not a major salt area. Mine sure rusted through.
    Good Luck.
    I checked it is March 2004
  • Congrats to molyneux on your 80% cost coverage. My rust became a nightmare. Car failed inspection back in August due to the rust holes in the subframe, and I was without wheels. Ex gave me use of our older car, and eventually I saved up to do exactly what charger3 recommended. Had it spot-welded & coated (But those were some pretty b i g spots to replace). No matter which way I tried, Chrysler would not budge. State Dept of Consumer Affairs and Atty General didn't help either. Chrysler knows they are at fault here, but are getting away with making good on only a very small window of build dates, specifically I was told by a rep from Detroit that they were replacing/repairing only in rust belt vehicles under 150,000 miles or 10 years, built between Feb 23 2004 and March 31, 2004. (Mine was built in Sept of 03).
    If they use the same thickness of metal and put a plate over that its stronger than original. I wish Chrysler would back them. I have found by searching that a lot of car company's have rusted frames and don't want to fix them
  • leo_bleo_b Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    Hi, I have the same problem with my 05 pacifica, the cradle is corroded. can you please send me the copy of that letter as well. my email address is loghman_b@yahoo.ca thank you very much.
  • I also have a 2005 with the same problem...please send me a copy of this letter too. What is the letter about?
  • After several phone calls to Chrysler Customer Assistance we did have the engine cradle replaced. They covered 1/2 the cost for for the part. Sounds like others have gotten a better deal on that. At the same time we had to have the head & head gasket replaced due to a leak. We were fortunate that we had purchased a "Lifetime Drive Train Extended warantee." It covered all but a $100 deductable. Unfortunately someone re-engineered the head and there was a delay because the oil tube had been changed for the newly designed head and no one had any in stock and no one had notified the dealership of the change. They had to manufacture the oil tube before the dealership could complete the repair. We waited 3 weeks to get our car back. A few days later we again had a fluid leak, same pink stuff which I collected & took to the dealership. It was then diagnosed as a coolant leak which they fixed with no additional cost. I will say that the Chrysler case amanger we dealt with did stay in contact with us during the time we were dealing with the problem.
    The letter states that Chrysler will cover the rusted engine cradle on 04 and 05 Pacificas that were sold in the rust belt. For 10 years or 150,000 miles. Go to post 738 and see letter
  • Sorry....Had some problems over the weekend. If you'll send me your e-mail address, I'll e-mail you a copy of the letter.
    bmbernhard@fuse.net
  • My subframe is also shot. Please send letter to mafitzwater@yahoo.com.
    Loud clucking noise under drivers feet. Replaced all tie rod ends, struts, still there.
    Sub framevery rusty but cannot see any holes. Maybe subframe bolts elongated ??
    I will have subframe inspected very closely.
  • I have a 2005 that is rusting out and has a hole and crack in the engine cradle. The extended warranty that Chrysler did is a joke they say they are covering 2004-2005 in the letter but after calling Chrysler. Your car must have been built between February 23rd 2004 to March 30th 2004 mine was built March of 2005 so it is not covered they are having problems with more then just a months worth of the cars everyone that has this problem no matter what year or time it was built needs to call Chrysler they need to cover a lot more then just one month of cars.
  • Please provide phone number for Chrysler dept. that you spoke with so that I and others can phone in and complain.
  • molyneuxmolyneux Posts: 31
    I got the same answer about the "build date". Mine is a 2004 that I purchased in May of 2003. Of the $1,875.00 that the dealer charged to repair mine, Chrysler sent me a check for a little over $1,400.00.
  • Please advise when you had the repairs done and just what you did to get the repairs covered from Chrysler as my car is in the shop now and I need to provide info to them. Thanks, Michael
  • anniev49anniev49 Posts: 30
    I too was outside the build date as well though met the qualifications in the letter in every other way, and never got satisfaction. Am interested and glad for people who at least got refunded for repairs. No such outcome in my case. Good luck.
  • molyneuxmolyneux Posts: 31
    My rust was found at the local Goodyear store. I took the Pacifica to my local Chrysler dealer. They did the work and I paid. I sent a copy of the warranty extension letter and a copy of my repair bill to Chrysler customer service in Detroit. They contacted me by phone with the same story about the build date but did offer to pay $1,400 or the $1,800 repair bill. I accepted.
  • faroutfarout Posts: 1,609
    We have a 2007 pac TOURING awd with just under 142,000 miles. We bought is August 31 2007. We have taken it to the same dealer for everything but three oil changes. I keep very complet records for everything done to the PAC. We also bought the Limited Lifetime MaxCare $100. deductable. Thank goodness we bought the extended lifetime warranty has saved our fanny. The dealer informed me that Chrysler has spent almost $ 15,000. on warranty repair! in the last 5 1/2 years. In talking with Chrysler at the customer center They admit the Pacifica has turned out to be a very good vehicle, but rather costly to keep. The service writer at thedealership told me that every Pacifica they care for has very typical problems, and ther are a costly car to keep runing. We have spent almost $ 4,500. of our own on our PAC. Additionally the resale value is very poor. Ours by the NADA is about $ 8,000. and a trade in of about $ 3,900 to $ 5,000. at the best. We are going to hold on to ours until we can't afford to get it repaired any more. A 2003 to 2004 at the Manhain auto auction gose for less that $ 3,000 is it's less than 100,00 miles on it. We love the ride and how roomy and comfortable the PAC is. If we had to replace it we would get a Ram crew truck. We need a awd or 4x4 where we live. We have had 3 libertys and they were not as good as the PAC with the awd. I am sure this is not the best news but it is true.