Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Pacifica Suspension Problems

Comments

• charger3charger3 Posts: 209
    Another thing I do every oil change I grease the ball joints. I then take a 3 dollar needle fitting and snap it into the grease gun and fill the tie rod ends and the sway bar links by putting a sml needle hole in the top of the boots. I have never replaced anything on the front end. I went on my Alldata site and they had the control arm part number 4743476AF price 140 dollars dealer price. I did a search on the net and came up with factorymoparparts.com the control arm lists for 140 on sale for 99.13 dollars my Alldata program says warranty time Chrysler will pay the dealer is 1.2 hours per side. If a dealer charges 90 an hour plus you give them the Chrysler parts just over 400 dollars
  • Hello! You may be my saving grace! I have read the many threads and have the exact rusting issue with my 2004 pacifica and I have only 82,000 miles on it. I have only owned it for a year now and found out about this issue when it did not pass state inspection because of it.

I'm hoping you could send me the letter stating it is covered by the company. We depend on this car hugely. I would be so grateful!

kellydittemore@hotmail.com
    Letter sent
  • My parents just found out yesterday that they have the same problem and it will cost almost $3,000 to fix, so they are looking to buy a new car. Could you please forward me the letter as well so they can try to get it fixed rather than buy a new car? Thanks!
    I need an email address or fax number
  • I have the same yr. and make. And the squeek from the rear of my car is umbelievable!! In the end, did you replace everything that you mentioned, and about how much did it cost? Thx J
  • So here's my diagnosis. My Pacifica has 2 broken motor mounts that the technician says that MUST get fixed since the car is not safe as is, the rear cross arm needs replacing and both rear bushings tying the suspension to the frame is rotting. I need to do this in steps because I don't have the money to do it all. Just yesterday, I replaced the broken motor mounts for $518. The rear cross arm is going to cost me another $450. Then the granddaddy of them all, the two rear bushings will cost $2,000! :sick: I'm going to get the rear cross arm done next. I don't think i'll do the rear bushings unless absolutely necessary...it's just going to squeak alot :) I got nowhere with Chrysler. it's obvious that they don't stand behind their products. I will never purchase another Chrysler product again. :mad: :mad: Certainly from all the motor mount complaints on the Internet, we know (and Chrysler knows) that there is a problem there. They should at least take care of that. I don't think it's reasonable to expect your motor to drop out of your car at 7 years of age! Also, the rear bushings should not rot, in seven years like it has! Totally unacceptable!! The honorable fair thing to do is make exceptions to unique situations. But you know what the corporate lawyers are saying, "You make one exception, you'll need to male that exception for everyone". Yes, the world is run by the lawyers.

When I worked for GE, Jack Welch spoke to us and at the end, he opened it up for questions. An engineer asked why weren't engineers paid more highly since engineers invent the products GE sells (this was in the late 1980's and we didn't get significant raises for few years), and he answered, "If I paid my people by how much money they make me, the tax lawyers would be the highest paid. That's because they will always find a way where GE will not have to pay income tax. Enough said.

Sorry for going off on a tangent. Please let me know what you will do with your Pacifica. I'm very interested. Good luck. -Mike
  • faroutfarout Posts: 1,609
    WOW! I have to ask how many miles on your PAC? Did you buy it mew? Are you taking it to a Chrysler dealer or a private shop?

I have several great suggestions for you so give answers to the questions and I will suggest from what you say.

farout
  • faroutfarout Posts: 1,609
    I went back and read your post's. So mow you don't need to go all over it again. Sorry about that.

It's long over due to get the Chrysler Zone Rep involved. Go to the nearest Chrysler dealer or the one you have used. Tell the service manager you want the Zone rep to look at your PAC. or call 1800 992 1997 and pick the number that has to do with problems. One or both should be able to get you in touched with the Rep.

If ever there was an example for getting a Chrysler Service Contract, you are one for the books. I have never heard of a 2004 anything suffering from the rust (cancer) you PAC has.

You can contact the Govt. agency and make a formal complaint. You really should get some help from Chrysler out of this. I hope to hear how this turns out. For the better I hope.

farout
    I hope all this doesn't happen to my car but I would try fixing them myself if I was hurting for money to get the job done. I would have trouble spending this kind of money right now. Motor mounts 40 dollars each if it took me all day I would get them in and i'm 60 years old. Save money and try to do it yourself. If you can't then take it in. You get free loaner tools at most autopart stores
  • I also have been told of a rusted out enginge cradle on my 2004 Pacifica. If anyone has a copy of the letter covering the extended warrenty I would greatly appreciate having a copy so I may try and get this fixed with Chrysler ...
    I'll send you the letter but I need an email or fax number
  • could you please sent me a copy please i am having the same problem pleade
  • Hi Charger3,

Can I please get a copy of the letter as well. We are having the same issues being discussed on our 04 PAC. Email address is jcweber82@gmail.com

Thank you.
  • Charger3.......would you please send me a copy of the letter. my e-mail is........cooker115@aol.com....thanks so much!!!!!!..............
  • My e-mail is cooker115@aol.com Thanks for all the help Charger3.....the dealer knows nothing of any recall or warrenty letter issued about this rusted engine cradle..they need the letter. ...Thanks again
    Letter sent
    Letter sent
    Need email or fax number
  • I have a 2005 Pacifica and my engine cradle is rotting. Unfortunately, I have 181,000 miles on it but I feel I should NOT have to pay over $1600 to replace it. The car seems to be running fine. Can I please have a copy of that extended warranty letter. Of course I called Chyrsler and got absolutely no help!