Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Pacifica Suspension Problems

Comments

• Hi could you email me this letter too? Caraanne04@yahoo.com
    Thanks
  • charger3charger3 Posts: 209
    edited December 2011
    If you click on the link in message 568 it will take you to the Chrysler letter
  • Have any of you actually had this problem? If so did the dealer make good on it?

I've been having problems with my 05 pacifica. We notice it the most at slow speeds when we go over bumps (as we can hear it then). thought it was suspension problems or something, but now after reading your letter, believe it might be this.

curious to know if anyone else has had the problem and how it affected the car (and what it sounded like)?

thanks,
    Yes they gave me a new one
  • Please fax letter to 828-264-7946. I just discovered that I have this problem after having the vehicle in for a front end clunking noise. Thanks so much!!!
  • Just had to replace all 3 motor mounts, inner and outer tire rods on right, already replaced tire rods on left and now auto shop is telling me I need shocks and struts. What the hell? My 2006 Pacifica has a little over 100k miles and I ever had problems like this with my Fords or Chevys. I will never buy another Crysler. I am going back to Fords. Who hangs the motor? Well, Crysler of course. The headlights in my car go out every few months and having to pay 2x's the normal price for tires is crazy. Not to mention the $500 I had to pay at the dealership for a new gasket to be installed, because the AC was leaking into my passenger floor board. I figured buying a car after it had been on the market for 2 years the kinks would be worked out, guess not. Sorry had to vent. Most of the posts are from people up north with rusting problems. I live in TX and it's warm enough salt is not used on the roads. Just glad to see I am not the only one having these problems.
    edited December 2011
    link title click on this link to the left or Go to this message #568 and use link
    Yours is the third year Pacificas were out. If you type in rusted Ford engine cradle to web there is an investigation of ford for over 3,500+ engine cradles rusting out There are thousands and thousands of Ford Taurus engine cradles rusted out. All cars with a 100,000 miles should have the struts replaced 68 plus install 50 dollars farm and fleet. Outer tie rod anyone could replace in an hour 18 dollars. Motor mounts lower 36 dollars Upper 11 dollars. Rear shocks 300 dollars self leveling if they are not leaking don't replace. Your AC has a hose like all cars that goes out the fire wall if it gets plugged water runs in the car. Hope they gave you the old gasket for proof and it had a tear in it. Headlight bulb if they touch the bulb with their fingers it will go out all the time. Mine last over a year and I use the Silver Star bulbs that do go out more often. A normal bulb is 8 to 10 dollars and you could change it in a half hour. Check around for prices and labor it could mean hundreds of dollars difference. It's not the cars fault you bought it with big wheels Ford has cars with big wheels too. My tires were 360 and my wifes were 1,200. It's time to take off the suit and do some work yourself instead of being taken advantage of. Also your timing belt and water pump need to be replaced now if you have a 3.5 engine so you don't post in a few months that your engine is toast because you didn't do regular maintenance. Don't be so gullible next time when they go to sell you a bridge.
  • EVERYONE WITH 04-07 Pacifica problems, call 888 327 4236. It is the national traffic safety board and let them know your complaints. If enough people call and complain of same problem, they will force a recall.
    I have an 05 pacifica I just bought , shimmy and rattkle when I take off. Broken Motor mounts. Seems to be an issue with Chrysler. I called chrysler ( # from website) got a case assigned, and I will update everyone on how much they are going to help pay on this issue. I had a POS 06 jeep commander, everything went bad, they were going to pay for half of new transmission and ignition switch. Just call Chrysler and the safety Board
    I would just spend 29 dollars each on them and replace them
  • faroutfarout Posts: 1,609
    If you think calling that number will help you are really dumb. This has been resolved some time ago. The motor mounts are subject to brake in all cars and trucks. Hows your driving, fast take offs and quick starts, I think that just might be the problem.

Let me understand this, The Jeep you had was junk, right? Now the PAC is no good as well? Why not get a KIA Then you won'et even have a thing to dislike.

WOW you need to rethink what you are asking people to do!
  • Listen you [non-permissible content removed], I just bought the car, it has broken motor mounts. I haven't driven it for a week. And cars motor mounts aren't supposed to break.
    edited December 2011
    As Judge Judy says used cars are sold as is no implied warranty and of course you had it checked out by a mechanic before you signed on the dotted line. My wifes car has 90,000 the mounts are fine I look at everything when I change the oil and grease it and if you don't want the tie rods and the other non greaseable things to go out. Grease them with a needle fitting
  • Would you please email / fax letter. Harry.edwards@netzero.com
  • n9zn_extran9zn_extra Posts: 11
    edited December 2011
    Could you please send me a copy of the letter?

I actually feel badly by asking but it will come in useful for our Pacifica which spent a lot of time in the IL. area.

Send to ZYBORG "at" TAMPABAY "dot" RR "dot" COM to locate a way to contact you securely, via this site, to send my e-mail address.
    Please click on link on post 568 for Chrysler letter if you have any problems just hit reply
  • I tried to print the letter and it only printed way to big and when I used another program to capture the area and print the letter was unreadable.

There must be a way to do this but I don't have a clue.
    I hit the down load button sent it to desktop. I right clicked on it hit print came out perfect. I sent letter hope your email was all capitals or I will try again
  • I bought a 2007 Pacifica last year and out of the first 8 weeks, it was in the shop for 6 of the weeks!! I had the motor mounts broke as well, It is a known problem for Chrysler but it is in a bulletin not a recall they said. Thank god I had bought a certified car and they did sign off that everything was in working order, but it was not. What other problems are you having? I am having problems with my front tie rods and also my front end sensors are not working and my interior chargers 2 out of the 4 are not working and I have checked the engine fuse but it is fine. I just think this car is possessed. Thankfully I got the extended warranty. Do you know what the original warranty is and can you forward me the letter you received? keenumklan@att.net. THANK YOU
    It is only for engine cradle rust on 04 and 05. I use a needle fitting in the grease gun and fill the tie rods and stabilizer bar links so they won't go out. Your Maximum Care warranty will cover 40 things with one deductible. Have some one check all the bushings in the rear. So car are wearing right into the aluminum parts in the back. I don't know what a front end sensor is. You have the warranty have them fix everything at once. I would say to anyone that has big problems go to the dealer and by the maxims care warranty 1500 or what ever you can get them down to. It is a lot cheaper that a 4,000 engine cradle. The letter is at post#568