Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Pacifica Suspension Problems

Comments

• vabudavabuda Posts: 4
    What I don't get is why Chrysler is agreeing with some people to at least cover parts but straight out refuses others? I would be happy if they at least covered parts... I mean of course I feel they should cover most if not all of the costs but at least parts would be better than nothing at all. I almost feel as if I should try and call again?? What makes some of these people qualify for parts being covered and some get zero assistance even though it's for the same problem?
  • charger3charger3 Posts: 209
    edited October 2013
    I know your frustration they fixed one of mine under warranty and the other was a 05 both were bought used and I just had to pay a co pay I can't remember if it was 200 or 250. They don't play fair with people everyone gets a different price. It is to bad a lawyer couldn't take a few cases and set a precedent for all other cases.
  • I've been living with this "cancer" since when it was a minor issue, "to keep an eye on it". I just got my oil changed and the Chrysler mechanic now says its a safety issue. Wow, I love this car, but I've had to replace things I've never replaced on other cars, now this. Mine has 133,000 miles on it. I've been reading posts about a letter that extends the warranty out to 10 years or 150,000 miles. Is there another link to the letter??? :cry:
  • Where you able to get the letter? I tried unsuccessfully with the link. Would you be able to send me a copy? My email address is:

estiva93@gmail.com

Thanks!
  • I have this problem also. One of several Chrysler does not want to discuss but should. The letter that has been mentioned I printed and called Chrysler Service to discuss. The extended warranty is known as the "X26 FRONT ENGINE CRADLE EXTENDED WARRANTY"> Now for the fine print.....
    It only covers vehicles made from 2-23-04 to 3-31-04.........
    Can you believe this? Based on the torrent of complaints on line they must have built a lot of cars in that month. Mine was built several months later but is falling apart due to the same rust problem. I am waiting for a call back from their supervisor.
  • Yes, I for one can believe it, as I have been through this whole miserable process and posted about it here quite some time ago. Chrysler will only do the right thing if the car fits that very narrow window of manufacture dates. It's unconscionable. Would be interested to know if you get better results. Good luck.
  • I have a copy of a letter where the warranty is being extended for Pacificas, model year 2004 & 2005. Nothing in the letter about dates of manufacture. Now, I have heard that later correspondence does include dates of manufacture. My 2004 Pacifica, that I purchased in May, 2003, was repaired and Chrysler reibursed me 80% of the repair cost. If you want a copy of the letter I have, e-mail me. bmbernhard@fuse.net.
  • 04chrysler04chrysler Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    After 2 days of hell the bottom line is we all have call the NHTSA 1-888-327-4236 and register a complaint against chrylser.there is power in numbers. please follow thru. Here's my story and I will keep it short. During my last oil change the rotted area in my front engine cradle became apparent. my 2004 Pacifica with only 88,008 miles was at the point that this is a real safety issue. I went to my nearest dealer and once my vin # was looked up I was told there was a warranty extension for some 2004-2005 Pacifica front engine cradles(x26 front engine cradle extended warranty program) however based on my vin # it was not listed as one of those covered. advised I call Chrysler Customer Care to verify if MAYBE my vehicle did qualify. Like most of you Kendra at Chrysler customer care was very polite,however after 10 minutes she told me my car was built 4/23/03 that was not in the period from 2/23/04-3/31/04 when the extended warranty applied. requested a supervisor call- which the next day Jason promptly did again politely stated my build date was not within the period qualifying period. He said they would go nothing because only the National Highway Transportation Safety Assoc. would Force them to do anything... so back to my opening statement ..if we flood the NHTSA with our complaints instead of ranting on the web we may get somewhere. Chrysler is asking $2908.00 for the parts , never mind the cost to change THEIR DEFECTIVE PARTS. where do they get off ignoring all the other cars built with this CANCER.... P'D off in MASS.
  • AMEN, Brother!
    My 2004 Pacifica has a manufacture date of 04/03. I purchased it in May of '03, so, it was probably one of the first made. When my rust was spotted in October of '12 by a Goodyear store mechanic, my Pac had only about 68,000 miles. I know that my dealer went to bat for me. My repair was $1,875.41. I had gotten a copy of "the letter" and contacted Chrysler. They did reimburse me 80% of the repair cost. I did file the information with NHTSA many months ago because of the serious nature of the rust-out. Can you imagine how disastrous it would be if your engine dropped out on an Interstate at 75 miles an hour. I would think that Chrysler would be happy to pay for the repairs to avoid a suit from serious injury or death.
  • I have spoken to the Customer Service Supervisor who is clearly reading prepared answers. In short they will not cover this. They have fixed a few to show concern but if they start fixing many more it will get noticed and they may wind up with a recall. (my view)
    I took the car to a local mechanic with a small shop. He is going to weld some steel plate over the affected areas for $400. I hope this solves the problem and gets me another year or two. Then I will buy another car but certainly not a Chrysler.
    By the way, I am very involved in a large Corvette club for the past 18 years. I attend may car shows and swaps. News like this travels fast!!
  • I have spoken to the Customer Service Supervisor who is clearly reading prepared answers. In short they will not cover this. They have fixed a few to show concern but if they start fixing many more it will get noticed and they may wind up with a recall. (my view)
    I took the car to a local mechanic with a small shop. He is going to weld some steel plate over the affected areas for $400. I hope this solves the problem and gets me another year or two. Then I will buy another car but certainly not a Chrysler.
    By the way, I am very involved in a large Corvette club for the past 18 years. I attend many car shows and swaps. News like this travels fast!!
    If you search the internet you can get an engine cradle for around $495 new and have your mechanic put it in. Chrysler gets 4.4 hours
  • I have a 2004 pacifica and I have been doing research on the engine cradle, Mine is rusted badly and I was not able to link to the letter copy for the recall info from Edmonds site. If you do could you forward me the letter so I can start dealing with Chrysler on this. Thanks for your help Scott waroquiers@aol.com
  • I found the letter thanks
  • The dealership just called and said my Pac is not covered because I am not the original owner. My Pac build date is 2/04 has anyone heard this excuse before. Thanks
    My 2004 and 2005 were both covered and both were bought used
  • The dealership called me last night and said that Chrysler approved fixing my Pac with a $800.00 copay. I know its better then nothing but it seems alot higher then all the other copays. I am wondering if the dealership is trying to hose me on this. They are being very secertive about any contact info with Chrysler. Would you have any suggestions. Thanks Scott
  • It sort of sounds to me that they're getting you to pay the labor amount and the dealer and/or Chrysler is picking up the parts cost.
    My total repair cost (parts and labor) was about $1,875. I did get a check from Chrysler for about $1,400 - about 75% of the repair cost. I did agree to that settlement. My repair was in October, 2012.
    On my 2005 the co pay was 200 or 250 I would have to look it up
  • It would be interesting to see what percentage of the total cost your $200 or $250 was. It sounds like Chrysler is picking and choosing who they want to send reimbursements to and the amounts seem to be all over the ball park. It just shows that they're not honoring their warranty and standing behind their product. I, personally, will have to think long and hard about purchasing another Chrysler product when my Pacifica is ready to be traded.