Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Safari/Chevy Astro Heating / Cooling

Comments

• Replaced the thermostat, bypassed the stupid heater control valve with Stainless steal tubing and flushed the heater core with water while I had the HCV off. Still only luke warm air.. what else could it be?
  • sortofsortof Posts: 3
    replaced the vacuum lines coming from the vacuum reservoir at and to the passenger side front wheel to the firewall,so now I'm getting air both hot and cold every were except hot air to the floor, where I need it most in the winter :confuse: any clue or solution's would be helpful, Steve
  • rwidelocrwideloc Posts: 1
    Can someone kindly send my the vacuum diagram being discussed. The A/C on my 01 Astro shuts off will climbing hills and now does not blow hard enough though it is coming out cool.
    My email is rwideloc@hotmail.com

Thanks
  • tolitstolits Posts: 2
    can you please send me the diagram of the vacuum hose rear terminal on my 2000 gmc safari. please email me at litocasti01@yahoo.com
    thanks
  • tolitstolits Posts: 2
    I have the same problem can you please e mail me the instruction on how to fix it it and the diagram as well. Thank you so much. My email add litocasti01@yahoo.com
  • edthomasedthomas Posts: 3
    I have the same problem with the heater/AC vents (2002 Safari AWD cargo van) - I've replaced the 5/32" hoses to the vacuum canister and from the firewall to the small 'T' valve, and have inspected the smaller hose that goes to the throttle body/PCV valve and it looks okay.

A vacuum hose diagram would be most helpful!

Thanks
    Ed
  • bdarbdar Posts: 19
    Hi Everyone,

Have been away from the Forum for a while and I do apologize for not being able to help everyone. Have created a link on my site with all the Chevy Astro Vacuum Line Info and Vacuum Diagram. Do check it out and feel free to email me at adarwish69@bellsouth.net if you have any questions.

www.basemdarwish.com/Astrov.htm

Take Care,

Basem D.
  • kdowneykdowney Posts: 6
    Did anyone get this diagram we've all been looking for?
  • edthomasedthomas Posts: 3
    Thanks Basem! That's a big help, but there's no legend to identify what the numbers on the diagram indicate - is there perhaps another page with that info??

Thanks again,
    Ed
  • Problem solved! I decided to disconnect the ends of the small vacuum tube that runs from the 'T' valve on the passenger side in the engine compartment back to the throttle body (thin black tube with 'L' shaped fittings on each end). The intent was to blow through it to see if it was plugged, and if not, plug one end and blow again to check for leaks.

Well, when I pulled the fitting off the throttle body, the small tube disintegrated in my hand! So, I got a piece of 5/32" vacuum hose and replaced the small one with that, and now have functional AC/heat controls!
  • kdowneykdowney Posts: 6
    Awsome. I just did the exact same thing and have much more air blowing on all settings. I may even have heat now, but won't really know until it gets cold out :confuse:
    Replaced a couple other ones that were looking shabby as well while I was in there.. :shades:
  • old_fogeyold_fogey Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    I have found my broken vacuum line (L shaped ends) under the hood. Is the end that has to be connected to the intake manifold located on the left, or right side
    of the engine when viewed from the front of the car.
  • Its located on the right side of engine. I accessed mine from inside vehicle.
  • I too found this hose. I think it ran from my firewall to the EGR valve or something. Either way it was practically disintegrated. Now I have SOME heat. Still not perfect.. :confuse:
  • I have a 99 safari van i have replaced the water pump and thermostat and the motor dose not heat up to put heat out the heater in side unless u drive it about 10 miles or more can any one help with this
  • I have a 99 safari van i have replaced the water pump and thermostat and the motor dose not heat up to put heat out the heater in side unless u drive it about 10 miles or more can any one help with this
  • I too have this same problem !! 95 astro van I have replaced the thermostat! The dealer that I WENT TO ONLY SELLS THE FACTORY RECOMMENDED 90 DEG. so I bough a 170 deg. at auto zone thinking of taking a trip across the desert and wanting a lower operating temperature doing so and the motor still dose not heat up to put heat out the heater in side unless u drive it about 10 miles or more ??/ so if you resolve this before I do ??/ sent some feed back as to the problem??/ and I well do the same !! Steve
  • There is little to no heat on the front heater. Rear heater works fine. What do I got to do to fix this?
  • ptolleyptolley Posts: 1
    Thanks for the detailed description of the vacuum line repair to my chevy astro!! the repair took me about 20 minutes including the autozone stop. Thanks again!!