Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Regal Electrical Problems

Comments

• I have a 92 Buick Regal and a couple years ago I have the same problem of smoke coming from the steering wheel and the smell of an electrical short right after starting the car. For me the problem was in the turn signal switch, just behind the steering wheel. A couple of the contacts shorted causing the smoke and eventually the lose of bake lights on the rear passenger side. I just replaced the signal switch and was back in business. Hope that helps pdykes.
  • dtran67dtran67 Posts: 4
    I have a 2002 Regal GS with the exact same problem. Do you ever find out why? Please let me know.

dtran@ocaheart.com

Thanks
  • regal2724regal2724 Posts: 1
    I have a 2000 Regal & my odometer light is out. I've checked the fuses & so far haven't found that's the problem. I'm hoping I can just change the bulb in the panel. My question is, does anyone know how to take the dash off to change the bulb? Or has anyone else had this problem & knows how to fix it?
  • jayarmyjayarmy Posts: 1
    I need to know the same answer if you got one too, please, zeroprime @hotmail.com
  • serg0088serg0088 Posts: 1
    recently my odometer went out no light shows were the miles are but everything else on the dash board works . i really dont no where to start?
  • lvega09lvega09 Posts: 1
    I am having sort of the same problem, however the air does come out underneath. I've checked inside and it appears to me there some electro valves which activate whenever any of the climate controls is clicked. This might have to do with an electronic module or computer.
  • MY ''04 REGAL LS IS DYING, AT FIRST IT WOULD START AND THEN CUT OFF, NOW IT WONT START....IT ALMOST SEEMS LIKE ITS NOT GETTING ANY GAS?..........SUGGESTIONS?
  • misha21misha21 Posts: 1
    We too just started to have a problem with the odometer & gear indicator in the dash. We have a 2001 Regal w/ 121000 miles on it. Took it to a mechanic and he hit the top of the dash and it came back on. Said the instrument cluster would have to be replaced. But I have been reading online that it can be repaired for about $169, so we will probably do that. Seems that item has been a problem for GM. Something to do with the connector.
  • Having the same problem with 97 buick regal. There is a key release lever under the ignition that will remove the key. I did pull the number 5 relay fuse under the hood behind the battery and that worked a few times. Today I pulled about 4 and cleaned them. Now the car starts, but temp gage stuck to the right and odometer is reading 0.

Hope we both get some help :
  • I have a 98 Buick Regal LS with 67000 miles and have noticed that when shifting from 2nd to 3rd it shifts hard. I checked the trans fluid and it was low. I added some non slip trans fluid and it helped but the problem came back. This only occurs when the car is hot. Not sure if a trans tune up ( fluid and fliter ) would help. Any suggestions?
  • My TRAC LIGHT will start to flash and then come on steady. After about an hour or if I shut the car off and restart it will go out. I also notice that when the press the Trac Off button by the shifter the light does not come on. Any suggestions.
  • ricko3ricko3 Posts: 2
    i have a 2000 Regal with this odometer problem (light going off ) took it apart and found 5 of the resistor off the boards laying in the dash housing. my question, should i replace them, and where to get them if so?
  • ricko3ricko3 Posts: 2
    where can you get the resistor for the cluster board?
  • rosco04rosco04 Posts: 1
    Have the ignition module checked out.Had the same type of shutdown/tranny lockup/key lockup with my 1999 regal. This is what my mechanic did. That was over 100,000 kms ago. No problems at all since.
  • The VICTIM::::: 1998 Buick Regal LS 3.8 l non turbo no leather/no heated seats ect.
    THE SUSPECT::::: Origonal BUICK REGAL OWNER!!!!

THE CRIME::: Besides blowing up the motor by not using dexcool I replaced april 07. The car ran fine but the brake lights never worked...I never knew why because all the fuses are good relays good ect. I just drove it. I ran in to a guy the other day who knew a particular problem with the turn singal switch.I changed the switch and sure enough the brake lights started to work.
    About 2 days later I had to pick up some 2X4's in my car and since the interior backseat has a access panel it is easy to transport a few in there. Little to my knowledge that the previous owner had some crazy wires jumped from the middle brake lights in the back window ...I didnt know but you want to know how I found out...Here is the kicker... When I pulled in my driveway I had black electrical fire smoldering out of the vents...I quickly shut the car off and pulled my 2X4's out and noticed these wires and seen that he did a very bad job using black tape. The tape due to heat fell off from the 2X4 interaction and then touched eachother.
    I took the whole dash appart and found a wire (marked stop lights) from the fuse panel had burned all the way accross to the brake switch by the foot.. I also noticed the other (white wire) in the brake switch was burned as well..The other 4 wires were affected too(light pink,purple,green with white stripe, and pink) I cut out all the affected bad wiring and replaced properly and put it all back together.. Now I dont have a horn,the transmission is shifting funny in low gears,and the stop light fuse pops the moment u touch the brakes.
    Brake switch was changed after fire,all affected fire wires are cut out and replaced .. The trans is almost new and is not the problem, Its electrical.
    My question is help to find what little box or plug is bad or shorted out. The cars parked and the junk yard has the exact same car sitting in their yard.I can cut up and do anything I want to it and take anything too...SO I am looking for help to find out what to do so I can take the whole dash appart again and fix the problem again.....PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOMEONE with scematics or something HELP.
  • easy fix...One screw on the passanger side (open door and see) then unclick the molding by pulling downa nd forward...That will remove the total plastic piece going across the dash and radio ect...This will expose 4 screws that hold the odometer cluster ect in place....remove those and u will pull it out unclip it and check ur bulbs in the back by turning them counter clockwise....No problems have fun fixing your problems...
  • My dashboard and shifter lights (along with various other lights associated with the headlight switch) won't come on. I need to replace the headlight switch on my 2002 Buick Regal, non-super charged. How do you go about removing the dashboard to get to the switch? I remember the good ol' days where you just removed a few screws and the dashboard could be removed.

Thanks,
    Keith
  • jzar1jzar1 Posts: 2
    They don't blink, they just remain on whenever I use them. Is it just a bulb problem, or is it electrical?
  • jzar1jzar1 Posts: 2
    Both the odometer and the trip reads "ERROR". What causes this and is it something that can be fixed easily or a dealership(or otherwise expensive) issue?
  • I have a 98 regal gs and I have just started having problems with it. When I try to turn the car on sometimes I get nothing , nothing at all then after trying a few times it will start up. Then what happens is when I put the car in drive my ABS/PARKING/TRACK OFF and SERVICE ENGIN SOON lights come on. Now something even more funky happend tonight, when I got home and turned the car off the headlight went off right away ( they normaly stay on for a min or 2 ) and had no int lights,my remote door/trunk lock would not work either. Took several tries to get the car to start , when I shut it off the lights stayed on like they were supose to but after 20-30 seconds my 4 ways started going off and all my dash lights were flashing on and off buzzing. It did this 3 times befoer it finall turned off like it should have.
    Does anyone knwop what the problem is? Please help!!!