Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Impala Key Fob Questions

I took my Impala in to the dealer today for the stereo hiss TSB and for the key fob range issue.

I didn't come prepared with the PIC number listed earlier on this board for the issue. They said they found a listing for the issue and it said to replace the key fobs, so they have been ordered. I have PIC3764g listed on the invoice, which is different from the one mentioned on this board earlier.

Has anybody had their key-fobs replaced for this issue? When they arrive I'll report back if it makes a difference or not for me.

Comments

• quietproquietpro Posts: 702
    scauer,
    What is a PIC and do they have dates associated with them? If so, which is the most current? It's shameful that the dealerships aren't all on the same page in this day and age. The technology we're using right here keeps all of us unassociated customers informed and the documents we reference come directly from GM/Chevy. Where is the disconnect? (rhetorical) I'm curious if the other makes out there have the same issue but I don't want to start dialogue with the smug import buyers. It's always sunny in their world. :)
  • I HAVE A 06 IMPALA SS WITH THIS SAME PROBLEM. THE REMOTES WILL NOT REACH ANY DISTANCE AND THE TRUNK BUTTON TAKES SOMETIMES THREE PUNCHES TO WORK. THE SERVICE TIRE MONITER SYSTEM MESSAGE ALSO KEEPS COMMING ON. I HAVE HAD IT TO THE DEALER 5 TIMES AND STILL DOES THE SAME THING. THEY NOW TELL ME IT IS BECAUSE OF THE TINTED WINDOWS. DO YOU HAVE TINTED WINDOWS? THE PEOPLE THAT DOES THE WINDOW TINTING SAYS NO WAY.
  • steve333steve333 Posts: 200
    The remote doesnt start the car from even 2 feet away.
  • poncho167poncho167 Posts: 1,178
    It is possible it could be the tint, but not always. I have seen posts in which tint had no effect, but I am not sure if it was on the Impala.
  • scauerscauer Posts: 13
    I don't have tinted windows.

Have they replaced the key fobs for you during one of those five services?
  • mars57mars57 Posts: 4
    I had a mishap one month after the purchase of my new 2006 Impala LT and I had to replace my windshield. An after market windshield was installed; after this I noticed that I had lost the range. Had it checked at the dealer, they said nothing was wrong. I finally had them program a key/FOB to work with both my car and an other LT that I knew was working well (my salesman). Tested both cars side-by-side and proved the range was different. I had a GM windshield installed after having agreement from my dealer's service manager to warranty fixing the problem if it didn't work = GM windshield had same range. The dealer finally installed a new module in my Impala. Works great after this. Good luck!
  • THEY WERE SUSPOSE TOO BUT WHEN ALL WAS SAID AND DONE THEY SAID THE GM TECHS TOLD THEM IT WAS THE TINT. AFTER 9 DAYS OF THE CAR BEING IN THE SHOP AND THEM TELLING ME THAT WAS THE CAUSE OF THE TIRE MONITER SYSTEM AND KEY LOCKS NOT WORKING I JUST LEFT AND FIGURED I WILL TRY A DIFFERENT DEALERSHIP. WHEN I TRIED THE SECOND REMOTE I HAD IT WOULD NOT WORK, SO ANOTHER DAY IN THE SHOP SO THEY COULD REPROGRAM. VERY UNHAPPY.
  • 06fasst06fasst Posts: 48
    a couple of responses here for you all, first off i have tinted windows plus the strip below the front glass and have the distance and interminntent issue with the key fobs, but my next question is this mars57 what module did they replace so we can all go back to our dealerships to solve this problem finnaly once and for all, please tell me you kept your service invioce, and if not please tell me that you can find it on mygmlink.com or have your service department make you a copy of the paperwork! please help us if i get this fixed my impala will finnally be perfect!
  • prigglypriggly Posts: 642
    No tinted windows. No problems with the key fob. Works fine for me.

My Impala SS is truly perfect as far as I am concerned!
    if i remmeber correctly isnt your impala built towards the end of the 06 production?
    Built in April '06.
  • scauerscauer Posts: 13
    Replacing the Key Fobs didn't seem to make a difference for me. Before I picked the car up I was assured it was fixed and if I was still having problems there wasn't anything else they could do, its just interference with the frequency.
  • THEY TOLD ME THE SAME THING, BEING THAT THE TINT WITH THE MAGNET FIBERS IN THE TINT CAUSED IT. HAS ANYONE HAD ANY TROUBLE WITH THE SERVICE TIRE MONITER SYSTEM DISPLAYING. ALSO EVERY LITTLE BIT A CHECK A CERTAIN TIRE PRESSURE MESSAGE DISPLAYS. THEY REPLACED THE RECIVER FOR THAT BUT STILL COMES ON.
  • I just recently had the tire monitoring system come on after a tire rotation. It had occurred routinely in the winter months, but seemed to be resolved until the service was done. For more information check out the posts on the Edmunds Chevrolet Impala: Wheels and Tires site. My service writer still insists that the car I have is the only one that they have had all of the repeat problems with. It had actually been a few months since I had a problem.

Has anyone had a repair done for the squeaking window? I was told that "fix" was to come this summer, but the dealership that I work through is still saying that it isn't resolved. (I am very anxious to take them the repair info that has been posted here for the air.)
    well all be damned just yesterday doing about 80 mph my tire sensor came on and fixed itself as well, interesting that you bring that up the same day mine does it for the first time, so they replaced the sensor but yet it keeps happeneing? sounds like we have another issue to check out, ill keep trying to get that new tahoe i guess, keep me posted on how they fix it!
  • zjimzjim Posts: 51
    I posted on the problem of the tire pressure monitoring system and the keyfob range before. I had the problems occur similtaneously the first time. The dealer fixed the problems by replacing the receiver and re-grounding the dash. Things worked fine for a week or so, except I didn't have the range that I had when the car was new. Suddenly, the 2nd receiver started losing range. Back to the dealer for another receiver. It is now working correctly, hopefully forever!! The dealer told me that they've had 6 cars with the same problem, but mine was the only one that had a replacement go bad and required additional repairs. It stands to reason that if this problem is so common, that the replacement parts would have a certain percentage that were bad also. Don't let your dealer tell you it's the fobs, or give you any other lame excuses. Search my messages for the dealers comments and solutions.
  • gparisgparis Posts: 6
    06 SS tinted windows. I have the Service Tire Monitors and FOB range problems as well. They replaced the receiver with no luck. I keep looking for an answer.
    I have no tire service monitor or fob problems whatsoever in my '06 SS.

Maybe it's the tinted windows resulting in the malfunctions. (Mine are not.)
  • My LTZ does not have tinted windows. With everything that has gone wrong --- the fob problem has been non-existent. Tire monitor, temperature control, alignment, brake system, air conditioning, heated seats, tires in general---ALL PROBLEMS and then some. So I guess I should be grateful not to have every problem that has been noted.

Of course the car would not "record" a lot of the problems. I would take it in and there was no indication of the problem. I stated earlier, I finally learned to push the ON STAR button and have them run a diagnostic. They would then have a record that the service writer could call for. This saved me a lot of time trying to convince them that I was not imagining things.
  • mars57mars57 Posts: 4
    You know how service invoices are confusing, but here is what I can figure out... "R4480 RECEIVER, REMOTE DOOR/REAR COMPARTMENT LOCK" replaced or "15857831 RECEIVER". I hope this helps. Also this is my first time using a post message service like this, if 06fasst is the only one getting this message, please feel free to send it to others like us. I really like my new Impala so far... good gas mileage considering the car's size & comfort and stability is very good too. Good luck to all!