Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Ford Fusion vs. 2007 Hyundai Sonata

2»

Comments

• explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,451
    one of the main reasons i bought a fusion is because it has awd.
    my wife drives an escape, so i already knew the engine isn't one of the smoothest out there. the fusion version seem quieter, and i don't care about reving it up.
    i'm trying to figure out how to get the best mileage out of it.
  • I looked at both with my trade in Hundai was a much better deal.
  • It must've been on sale because your Hyundai didn't come with a "y". :shades: ;)
  • 93949394 Posts: 67
    For those who have test driven these 2 cars (2009 i4 a5) could you let me know your experience, what you liked and didn't like, and how you made your final decision.
    thanks!
  • mtnman1mtnman1 Westerville, OhioPosts: 371
    I looked at both thoroughly last fall. Drove a Fusion SEL V6 over to a Hyundai Dealership about 2 miles down the road. Had a salesman pull a Sonata Limited V6 out so I could look over both side by side. I must point out that initially I was pretty certain I'd buy a Sonata since I owned a 2003 which I've since given to my daughter. I immediately noticed that the Fusion's leather which was black seemed to be a better quality leather. The seat seemed more comfortable to me as well. I had already test driven the Sonata back in late July so I went ahead and drove the Fusion. About a week later I again called Ford to arrange a more thorough test drive of a loaded Fusion SEL V6 and also contacted Hyundai that I was planning to drive both one after the other on the same route. It was a mix of expressway, stop and go, and two lane road that I drove on. I first drove the Fusion about 15 to 20 miles then went directly to Hyundai and drove a loaded Sonata Limited V6. The Fusion was very quiet and smooth. The engine has a growl when accelerating that I love (I'll never understand people that claim it's harsh sounding). The engine sounded like an engine should sound. The first thing I noticed about the Sonata was the suspension noise. Not good and very intrusive. I also noticed that even though the Sonata had a supposedly better sound system the Fusion's Audiophile system was much better. Overall that test drive of both convinced me to buy the Fusion which I took home 3 days later. Bought a Ink blue Fusion SEL V6 with black leather which came with the Moon & tune package, heated seats, rear spoiler, and the reverse parking sensors. I've owned it for a little over 4 months and have about 5400 miles on it and have no regrets. In fact, I think it looks better than the new 2010 design.
2»
This discussion has been closed.