Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Sebring Transmission Problems

• Really needing some car advice, my 2001 Chrysler Sebring Convertible will only drive in neutral and has stopped going in reverse. When I drive it in neutral it try's to shift gear's and makes a huge squealing noise like someone is killing it lol.. I am very frustrated because we just spent money to have the transmission changed 4-5 month's ago. I'm thinking it's from the rusty dipstick that the idiot who did our Transmission put back in there instead of either cleaning it or buying a new one and it's clogged something up. Can anyone suggest any other possibilities?

• isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 18,678

How can a car "drive" in neutral?

• rpinmdrpinmd Posts: 1
    I have a 98 convertable, 2.5 engine, 140,000 miles. Recently it has started slipping out of first gear on cold mornings when I first start driving it. It will usually drive until the fist time I come to a full start (within about 100 yards) then slip out of drive and start rolling backwards (which would be downhill where I'm at) after it goes back into first it is fine for the rest of the day. Fluid is good (type 4) Also noticed today when it did it the left turn signal (which was already on) started blinking rapidly, then went back to normal when I got it back in gear. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  • ehonakerehonaker Posts: 1
    I have a 02 Sebring 2.7 speedometer quit and trans upshifted. Pulled off side of road and when I put it in reverse it felt as if it was trying to go both drive and reverse and the same while in drive. Only way I could get it to move was to use auto stick and placed it in 3. Drove to a safer place and it went to 2. Got to a truck stop and now I have reverse and drive(drove around parking lot) speedometer still not working. Help!!!