Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Sebring Transmission Problems

18910111214»

Comments

• What is the proper procedure for flushing the transmission cooler and which line is the return line? 2002 Chrysler sebring sedan with 2.7l engine
  • I have a 2003 Chrysler sebring, So my car has done this too and eventually it stopped shifting, couldnt shift into to drive almost like it was in neutral, I had to literally fill the transmission multiple times.. to find out it was the shift sylanoid pack, once I got that fixed my car was no longer leaking and the clunking stopped it is the shift sylnoid. its almost like you want the car to break but it wants to drive while your breaking... need to get that fixed immediately because it will eventually cause engine problems.
  • kaiser85kaiser85 Posts: 1
    I have a 2001 chrysler sebring lxi coupe 3.0. My buddy owned the car right before me and when he had it it drove fine until the motor blew in it. We swapped the motor out and when the swap was in process the Output shaft speed sensor was snapped. No big deal I went and bought a new one after we found it via a code scanner when the car would not shift. So after replacing it the car still wont shift and the code for the output shaft speed sensor still pops up after it gets cleared. I ran through the wiring and it doesnt seem any thing is pinched or anything like that. Does any one have any idea what could be causing this. If i drive it down the road and get into the throttle alittle it will jolt into second, from there i can manually shift it into third. and when i slow down it will now downshift unless I downshift it via pulling the gear shift down into second.. doesnt seem to go down to first. (the motor came out of a Mitsubishi but from every thing i know about it the motors should be able to swap with no issues.
  • same thing change soilniod body on tranie :lemon: junk on these cars try that
  • I have a 1998 convertible sebring and I just had the alternator changed, when I tried to drive it the car jerks really hard when changing gear and I hear a scratching sound. the car was not doing any of this before the alternator went out. I am bout to lose my mind. My husband searched on line and found that this car had a recall on it for the same problem in 2000 or 2001. called the Chrysler dealer hoping that they can come get this piece of and fix it with no out of pocket fee's for me.. .Very frustrated and don't think I will ever recommend or purchase another car every from Chrysler....
  • SAFETY RECALL – TRANSAXLE FLOOR SHIFTER IGNITION/PARK INTERLOCK
    Dear DaimlerChrysler Vehicle Owner:
    This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle
    Safety Act.
    DaimlerChrysler Corporation has decided that a defect, which relates to motor vehicle safety, exists in
    some of the following vehicles equipped with a floor mounted shifter and an automatic transaxle:
    ¾1993 through 1999 model year Chrysler Concorde, LHS and 300M, Dodge Intrepid and Eagle Vision
    ¾1995 through 1999 model year Chrysler Cirrus and Dodge Stratus
    ¾1996 through 1999 model year Chrysler Sebring Convertible and Plymouth Breeze
    NOTE: Some of the above vehicles were involved in a previous recall which did not fully correct the
    ignition/park interlock system.
    The problem is... The transaxle floor shifter ignition/park interlock system on your
    vehicle (identified on the enclosed form) may become inoperative. This
    may allow the shifter to be moved out of the “Park” position with the
    ignition key removed (or in the “Lock” position). It may also allow
    the ignition key to be removed when the shifter has not been placed in
    the “Park” position. If the shifter is not in the “Park” position, these
    conditions could allow the vehicle to roll away and cause a crash
    without prior warning.
    What DaimlerChrysler
    and your dealer will do...
    DaimlerChrysler will repair your vehicle free of charge (parts and
    labor). To do this, your dealer will inspect the shift interlock system and
    either modify or replace the transaxle shifter as required. Shifter
    modification will take about ½ hour to complete. Shifter replacement, if
    necessary, will take about one hour. However, additional time may be
    necessary depending on how dealer appointments are scheduled and
    processed.
    What you must do to
    ensure your safety...
    ¾ Simply contact your dealer right away to schedule a service
    appointment.
    ¾ Bring the enclosed form http://www.chrysler.com/webselfservice/chrysler/index.jsp
  • I for got to mention that you can check your vin number to find out if you card was serviced already for this disclaimer.. .
  • ive noticed over the last 3 months that the car jerks when shifting into another gear. two days ago as i was going down the highway, i heard a rattling noise (sounded like popcorn kernels bouncing around in popcorn machine). it sounded like it was coming from behind the middle of the dash and then it traveled down to my feet. the car seemed to be running fine so i drove it about 5 more miles to the next exit. i stopped and looked under the car and transmission fluid was pouring out. i could see the long trail it left thru the parking lot. within the next 2hrs of the car sitting,all the transmission fluid had leaked out. im wondering what i should look for first regarding the leak.
  • I have a 2001 chrysler sebring 3.0 v6 lxi, I was driving the car and pulling away from a red light and the tranny wouldn't go the rpms would rise like engine wanted to go but tranny was like it was stuck in park. I had some neighborhood mechanic look at it he said it needs a new tyranny @ $2000 but another one came to my house and said it's possibly the transmission control module. If anyone has any advice as to how I can figure this one out I would really appreciate it.

• rpaulwmsonrpaulwmson Posts: 1

Seems like I am a minority.. I have 1998 Sebring Convertible bought it in 1998, single owner, well-maintained, and have 160,000 miles without a spec of trouble in transmission, engine, etc.. I have so much confidence in it I just paid $2000 to have a few dents and scrapes fixed and a beautiful new paint job.. engine and transmission runs like new, I plan on keeping it for another 100,000 miles. I have had far less trouble with this car than a Toyota Camry (350,000 miles) or a Honda Accord (260,000 miles), both of which have reputations of high reliability.

18910111214»