Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Sebring Warning Lights and Problem Codes

Comments

• jbug1964jbug1964 Posts: 3
    The book states that the solid light has to do with the gas cap. The gas cap is tight but the light remains on. Can someone please HELP ME!!! I don't know how to reset this light.
  • azzuraazzura Posts: 7
    i have that same problem. the check engine light stays on all the time and my gas cap is on tight. does anyone have an answer for this.
  • I have an answer for this. I have been having the same issue. The check engine light in MY Sebring does not blink. It is a constant light when something is sending an error. I simply took my car to Advance Auto and allowed them to run a free scan with their little handy gadget and they were able to determine that there is air getting into the gas tank. The attendant told me that condensation will form causing the problem. So, he recommended that if it continues, try replacing the gas cap as it may be the source of the problem. I have not replaced it at this point, I simply make sure that when I put the cap on, I allow the cap to "click" AT LEAST six times as instructed by this attendant. No more issue!...Additionally, the light will stay on until it is checked by a mechanic and then THEY will reset the light and clear the code for you when they are done. But, ALAS.......Advance Auto will also tell you what error code is present (and heck, may as well get the necessary parts needed to fix it while you are there..LOL) & they will reset and clear the codes for you saving you a trip to the mechanic. PLEASE NOTE HOWEVER, if you are intending to take it to a mechanic to have the issue fixed, DO NOT let Advance Auto reset the codes for you. YOUR mechanic will need to see these codes in order to fix. Without them, they will not be able to determine the issue until your check engine light comes back on. I hope this helps with your issue!!!
    THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!! I will try this. I was almost to the point of wanting to sale the car.
    thank you so much for the information. I don't think we have an advance auto in new york. is that the same as pep boys.
    I recently posted about the engine light and gascap light staying on. Now the airbag light keeps coming on. Any advise?
  • light731light731 Posts: 2
    I get this message off and on. I have had my steering column replaced and my seat belt tensioner replaced at a cost of over $1,000.00. None of the work was covered by my so-called warranty that I bought. Neither fixed the problem. I notice when I move the passenger seat back and forth the light will come on the remain off and on for a while then I might not see it again for months. I still don't know what the problems is either but I don't trust Chrysler to look at it again the charge me more money that should be covered by my warranty. And, yes, I did fight that but lost.
  • qwestgirlqwestgirl Posts: 8
    Unfortunately, Advance Auto is not the same as PEP Boys. If you have an Auto Zone in your area they will also reset the check engine light for you. I am sure that there are other "chain" auto stores that will also reset this light. You may need to just check around until you find one.

It amazes me how many people think that if the problem is fixed, the light will just go off by itself. Don't we wish!...The light has to be reset. You can also disconnect the positive side of your battery (about 10 minutes or so) and reconnect after that time. This will reset the light. However, you could end up with chugging and sputtering problems for a spell because the "memory" will also reset. Probably not something to recommend unless you have done this before.

Good luck!
  • mpereamperea Posts: 1
    My 2001 chrysler sebring LXi starting w/ speed problem after fueled ,dont want to change the overdrive and still rnning slow. The computer revealed code P0605 ,also the airbag and engine lights still on ,need some recommendations ,its that related to trasmission problem,im very worry Please help me!
  • tchado1tchado1 Posts: 3
    Hey, where did you go to get the blower motor fixed? Just wondering if a dealer is cheaper than someplace like pep boys...
  • tchado1tchado1 Posts: 3
    Hi Just wondering if you could tell me about fixing the climate control fan ....my air bag light also just came on this week....
    Thanks, Chad
    tchado1@yahoo.com
  • shoethkeshoethke Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 Chrysler Sebring convertible, 6 cylinder with 100,000 miles on it and recently the engine light came on and the code is p0302 which i was told was the 1/1 oxygen sensor, so i changed the sensor and the spark plugs and cleared the code but the enging light came back on and stays on, what can i do?
    It could be something as simple as a gas cap issue. I recommend going to either Advanced Auto or Auto Zone and having them run the scan to get the latest code. They will do this free of charge and even clear the code for you if that is what you choose. However, clearing the code is not recommended if you plan on taking it to a mechanic to fix. If the code is cleared they will not be able to determine if a problem in fact exists. Most places here, in Florida, won't guarantee that the work performed will fix the problem if they don't in fact know what that problem was. They will not diagnose the problem simply based on info supplied to them. They cannot even run a diagnostics test to determine the problem until that light comes back on.

I hope this info helps...Good luck! :)
    I am also thinking that the P0302 code may actually be a misfire...It could be any one of the following and in my case it was the camshaft position sensor.

* Faulty spark plugs or wires
    * Faulty coil (pack)
    * Faulty oxygen sensor(s)
    * Faulty fuel injector(s)
    * Burned exhaust valve
    * Faulty catalytic converter(s)
    * Stuck/blocked EGR valve / passages
    * Faulty camshaft position sensor
    * Defective computer (highly unlikely)
  • css53css53 Posts: 4
    Battery light For the past 2-3 months, my battery light on the dash board lights up and then sometimes it does not even come on, comes and goes and my radio blinks on and off??
    Can you tell me what was wrong with your car? I am having same problem.
    I have a 1999 chrysler sebring with 92,000 miles. the check engine light stays on most of the time, and at times it goes off for days. what do you think is causing that. the car runs good.
    have been having the same problem with my battery light...ugh so i cleaned battery cables and guess what the light has gone away at least for now!!!
  • There are two modes of check engine light illumination, the first is the light will come on for a short time then go off. This mode means there is a problem that is considered "minor". The next mode is the light stays on continuously. This means a minor problem has been allowed to continue for an extended amount of time or the problem is more serious and needs attention sooner than later. I recommend that you get the car checked for error codes and then go from there. This can be done FREE of charge at most retail chain auto parts stores such as Advance Auto. They can run a free scan that will display the error codes indicating the problem on your car, if any. PLEASE NOTE, if you are going to take the car to a mechanic to have it fixed should any codes show up, MAKE SURE that the check engine light is NOT reset until you get it to the mechanic. Also, make sure that you write down exactly what the error code(s) display...You can give this info to the mechanic fixing your car and save you $$ by not having to run the diagnostic again. Once they fix the issue, THEY will reset that light for you. If you have the light reset before going to the mechanic, they will almost always recommend the diagnostic testing again which is a waste. In addition, if they don't know the issue because of a check engine light reset, they won't guarantee the work if it doesn't fix the problem since they are basing the work to be performed off of your information, not off of the information supplied by running their expensive tests..The engine light is coming on for a reason. The car may be running good now but, better safe than $$ BROKE $$ later on when it becomes a bigger problem. Please keep us posted...I hope this info helps! Good luck! :)