Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Sebring Warning Lights and Problem Codes

1234568»

Comments

• ahinsonahinson Posts: 17
    thanks for info.it is a intake manifold runner control circiut open bank one. i can't even locate the part on my car.can't even find the part if there is such a thing.I just sprayed some carb. cleaner down the air intake and put in some injector cleaner.Tokk it back to auto zone and now they say no code shows up.stunning.but my light is still on and the car runs great. thanks again.
  • iamjohnpiamjohnp Posts: 1
    The check engine light on my 2010 Sebring sedan came on during a smog test today, which caused a failed test. My plates are already past expiration, so I need to get re-registered ASAP, but can't until I've fixed the issue with the check engine light.

I first noticed the check engine light turning on and off about a year ago, but didn't think anything of it at first. After a while it started (I assume) to affect the air conditioning and the outside temperature reading in the dashboard. At times, my car tells me it's -31 degrees outside when it's 60. At those times when the temperature reading is off, the air conditioning usually fails and the car blows uncooled air (though it still blows air).

Last time I got my oil changed, I had the shop check the check engine code and they said it had something to do with the temperature gauge, but they didn't know how to fix it.

I'd really like to avoid the costly process of having a professional diagnose and even fix the problem, so if anyone has thoughts around what the issue might be and a less costly, yet reliable, solution I would be very appreciative.

Thanks.
  • torakkitorakki Posts: 7
    My co-worker has a 2010 Sebring with the "low tire preasure" light on and showing 30 and 31 lbs. cold. The preasure goes up to 35 when driving and warm but the light never goes off. Do the preasures have to be 35 lbs. cold? She's gone to 3 tire shops to add air but they say the preasures are fine. I thought my code reader could delete the code but apparently it's not in the same system. Could it be a bad sensor or just still too low?
    Thanks for any input.
  • amijoiamijoi Posts: 1
    2009 sebring lx with 28000 miles on it engine light keeps coming on , have replaced the cam shaft postion sensor twice and now 2 different dealers are telling me thats the problem still....engine sputters and stalls and sometimes is difficult to start...HELP?!
  • mrzkelamrzkela Posts: 1
    2004 chrysler sebring sedan it only has 66,000 miles and it has been sitting, I replaced the battery had the engine flushed, tune-up, oil change done yesterday after leaving the shop it was running fine all the lights were off (engine, oil). Today I took the car to go get the breaks done, when I step on the breaks the oil light comes back on, now the engine light came back on and the car is starting to jerk again....can any one help with this problem??
  • deb32133deb32133 Posts: 2
    edited August 2012
    My 2003 chysler sebring issue. Engine light was going on and off. Engine did hesitate a few times. Had the code pulled and it said camshaft position sensor circuit. Had that replaced, went home, next day the light came on again. Has anyone had this happen and how did you fix it?
  • What did you end up doing to solve the problem?
  • My car had not been driven for 3 weeks until today but has been sitting outside and we have had some heavy rainstorms during that time. It started with no problem, drove it for 45 minutes or so with no problems but the engine light would not go off. Tried the OMG test but that didn't resolve anything.

I'm out of the country with the car and don't want to take it to a mechanic that I don't know if I don't have to.

Any suggestions?
  • If your car is running fine and the check engine light comes on for no apparent reason, examine the gas cap. Sometimes if it is not on correctly it will set off the light. Take it off and put it back on, make sure you hear the 3 clicks per the owner's manual. It will take a couple of cycles of the engine, 2-3 days, before it goes away. If you can't get it to click right, buy a new gas cap for $15.00 and follow the same procedure.
  • lindzlindz Posts: 1
    Just purchased a 2003 Sebring limited convertible, 48K miles, test drove during day all was well car is sweet. That evening the dash cluster (tack, odometer, flue gauge, oil gauge) went off. All other interior and dash lights stayed illuminated. happened twice second time after 30 min of driving they came back on. Any ideas
  • i have the same problem with my 2010 sebring and the dealer is saying it is a senor under the dash and it will cost 280.00 to fix
  • akadienakadien Posts: 1
    I HAVE A CHRYSLER SEBRING 07 WITH A 2.7L AND 41TE TRANSMISSION, I HAVE CODE P0765 UD SOLENOID CIRCUIT , CHECK AND THE SOLENOIDE PACK AND RESISTANCE FOR THE FOUR SOLENOID IS 1.7 OHMS AND THE PRESSURE SWITCH 300 OHMS, SO I TAKE THE WIRRING OUT AND CHECK IT FIND NOTHING BAD WITH IT , SO AFTER THAT DECIDE TO CHANGE THE SOLENOID PACK ON IT , SAME PROBLEM , ON THE SCANNER MY TEMP FOR THE TRANSMISSION STAY AT -19.4 , SO WITH THE SCANNER ON A UNPLUG THE TRANSMISSION RANGE SENSOR THAT THE TEMPS SENSOR IS IN IT AND NO CHANGE STILL -19.4 , AFTER THAT I DECIDE TO GO A THE JUNK YARD AND BUY A USE PCM , PUT THE PCM IT IN GOT THE SAME PROBLEM NOTHING CHANGE , DO SOME BUDDY HAVE AND IDEA WHAT IS THE PROBLEM????
1234568»