Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Lucerne Vibration Problems

1234568»

Comments

• Not sure about the V8. I don't know the TSB for the bad engine mount (only 1 allegedly bad, the other good). My dealer finally came up with the REAL solution (limiting engine block rotation under acceleration), as described previously. That fix apparently kept the exhaust system from hitting the frame as I accelerated, otherwise passing engine vibration to the chassis and largely by-passing the vibration isolation feature of the engine mounts (i.e., rendering any engine mount problem moot). Still, I appreciated their replacing the defective engine mount, as it might have become the NEXT problem after the primary fix (tightening the engine block motion-limiting strap one notch).
  • My brake calipers on rear wheels rattle on road surfaces that have narrow joints, I figured this out by littley stepping on brake then rattle stops, anyone else have this problem
  • i am at wits end....first of august purchased a 2011 Buick Lucerne CXL..vehicle had vibration and shake in steering, driver side floor board and driver seat...driving on freeway vibration and shake get worse (can then feel it on passenger side)....the faster the car is driven the more apparent vibration and shake get...car has been back to GM dealer at least 6 times now...tire balance and rotation has not helped....last straw was yesterday...dealership finally said that GM Rep told them "common problem, customer has to learn to live with it, NO FIX"....WTH??? so am I stuck with a car I can not drive on the freeway? ummm.....I don't think so...even tho my car has 38000
  • hatingmybuickhatingmybuick Posts: 5
    edited October 2012
    i should add...the dealership agreed to fix the problem if we purchased the car...they have changed two of the tires and wanted us to buy 2 more...BS...the dealership has not delivered what they promised, thus broke the contract.....so we have decided to turn this whole matter over to a Lemon Law attorney....will know more sometime Monday...
  • onefunkaronefunkar Posts: 113
    been in an accident???
  • not to our knowledge...carfax report does not show an accident...only show car was a rental return...
1234568»